PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-25-2001, 04:02 PM #1
Pyro_982

has been a member for 10 years
Question PMI products at WAL-MART

I heard that wal-mart was supposed to be getting products from PMI since i havn't been to that place in like 3 months i was wondering if this rumor could be true
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2001, 07:56 PM #2
RedRum

Not sure about Walmart but Meijer Stores now carry PMI products. Heck you can walk into Meijers do your grocery shopping and buy a half case of Marblizer and no one would be the wiser.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:31 PM #3
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
I haven't seen PMI at Wal-Mart, but recently they've started carrying some 32* stuff, and some JT goggles.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
Old 07-25-2001, 09:31 PM #4
cheesabator
nothing to gein

wal mart has made a bad name for paintball.. yeah it brings some players into paintball.. but IMO it seams that there are to many punk kids that either drive by with their Tiger shark pumps, or get shot in the face cause " well i got the cash for a case of paint, gun, or gun and mask.. HMM GUN AND PAINT!" and they end up on the channel 10 news saying to the reporter " paintball is bad, i wish i had never decided to buy that stuff"

Green 6th Gen bushy with LCD board
fishbone milling
Gladiator reg
Black Eclipse ASA
G force mega line kit
Dye sticky's
AGD flatline 68 ci 3000PSI
Old 07-25-2001, 10:06 PM #5
RedRum

cheesie, check out my post on "New Gun" and see why I think Walmart is actually good for paintball.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:38 PM #6
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
I've heard of kingman stuff. but pmi weird.

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 07-25-2001, 11:46 PM #7
Fratboyjesus
^From Conan O'Brien^

My local wally world sells pmi, kingman, viewloader, and Jt....thing is though, they dont call the paint marbalizer, its called super swirl beeause we all know we would go nuts and the whole paintball playing community would instantly explode if Marbs were sold at Wal Mart !
Old 07-29-2001, 11:56 PM #8
tranman

tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tranman owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Man, super swirls have been around for a long time.
Old 07-30-2001, 02:11 AM #9
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
they need to do something like you cant buy a gun unless you buy a mask also or unless you bring in a mask thats certified for paintball.
Old 07-30-2001, 11:59 AM #10
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
I've said that for years what Thumper just said, how all paintball guns must be sold with a mask either included, or seperately unless proof of purchase of mask ownership, or something like an NPPL, PTI... whatever certificate says it's ok.

But cheese, you're both right and wrong. A few of the drive-bys the kids get the guns from wallyworld. However, some also get some ebay. Does that mean Ebay gives paintball a bad name? They also get them from paintball stores, does that give them a bad name?

And internet paintball stores... they should be shot. I've been buying stuff from them since I was 17..... [b]17[/]. I showed no proof of my age, and they sold me whatever I bought. YET, they CLAIM you MUST be 18 or older to buy stuff.

And if I could get away with it... just think of how many more people are doing the same?

Atleast Wally World ID's people, cheese. You actually need proof of age to buy ANY product from there.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 07-31-2001, 10:50 PM #11
Nitro

NOT ALL PMI AT WALMART

the only things they are selling is PMI paint and also the cheap pmi all plastic markers (Tracer S/A and BLACK MAXX)
Old 08-01-2001, 05:19 PM #12
RedRum

Just came from local Meijer store and they are selling Marballizer under that name, it's not called super swil or anything else just Marballizer. 1000 cts.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:36 PM #13
CaptCocker
Your mom loves me!

CaptCocker is a Supporting Member
they sell a bunch of good paint at ****s, they sell like marbs all star, slam, they also sell decent paint like zap pmi and this new brass eagle stuff thats almost suitable for paintball
Old 08-10-2001, 09:50 AM #14
Wordbearer
Stormbringer

Wal-Mart/Dicount Stores are bad for the industry

Ok, lets say every Wal-mart and K-Mart and S-Mart starts selling a big line of paintball gear. Do you want to see them put your local PB shop out of business. Cutting paint sells from your local shop's paint could do that, alone. Is Wal-Mart going to install your upgrade parts for free, or fix your Pirahna or Trracer S/A for next to nothing when it out of warranty. Is Wal-Mart going to help you find some nice used guns and gear when you need them? Will Wal-Mart being a 3rd party for your net trades? Hmm...
Wal-Marts could kill paint ball as we know it..

Besides, Small shops can sell new "newbie level" equipment at for just a little more... WOuld you guy rather see a new kid buy a Traccer S/A fro $75 at the local PB Shop or spend $50 n a stingray?

Gus
Wordbearer@msn.com
Slingshot (still rockin')
Lame *** Piranha rental (baggin' 'em and taggin' 'em)

SONIC DEATH MONKEY!!
Old 08-11-2001, 11:53 AM #15
Slick-Ntz

Another thing to considered in this Wal-Mart vs local shop deal. Wal-Mart buy's in bulk. Not like one pallet of paint. They will by thousands of pallets in one shot. In turn these sit around in a warehouse waiting to be sent out to the stores as they need them. When they start to get low they order more. The only problem with this is your paint may have set at the warehouse for 6 months or more before it makes it to the store. With your local store at least you are assured the paint is not much older than a month at most, or at least it is that way in my area. My stores orders his paint every other week or every week if he sold a lot the previous week.
Old 08-12-2001, 09:36 AM #16
Squattingdog
STRAIGHT UP OG

Annual Supporting Member
Squattingdog is a founding member
very true about the old paint sitting around. I was in Sports authority last weekend and they have Proball there in plastic jugs. Right in front there were three jugs with many paintball breaks. That paint also has been sitting around for awhile. I don't buy any paintball stuff from those places.