BALLER~STATUS

has been a member for 10 years
you still want a 6-way tho, that way you only have 1 actuator
(3-way) rod
Old 04-01-2003, 03:22 AM #44
padrinot
one love~~~>Paintball

i see that eveyone here is onder the inpression that it would be real hard to amke a reciprocating cocker
it would not be to hard at all
all you would need to do is know how to make an eblade like grip frame and then use two different 4 way cylinionds on the front
going electronic is the only way to get it done in my opinion
im sure if you could get the base design down on paper you could have the electronics produced by someone , if you have the cash (lol and you better have a lot of it )
id like to see and end product of this if it ever gets done
sure to be a one of a kind .

good luck on your attempts
Old 04-05-2003, 02:34 PM #45
Privateer
moi > toi

Privateer is a Supporting Member
maybe I'm out in left field, but how about making it like a reflex cocker. one side fires on the pull, one on the release.

later
P

September 11, 2001. Never forget. Never forgive.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:28 AM #46
lordjavelox

lordjavelox is a Supporting Member
Can't wait to see results, there's been some of these previously built, although i've heard accuracy is a HUGE CON. When do you think you will be done, and what sort of ROF Will you be able to achieve? Will you also have 2 seperate blocks? And have you also considered how much has this will use?

Good Luck,
Andy

Did a deal of yours go sour?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346137
Old 04-26-2003, 12:55 AM #47
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Here's an insane idea: If you can only have one barrel, yet you still have two seperate hammer/bolt tubes, could you somehow fabricate a "Y" shaped barrel that receives a ball from each breech and then slowly brings it inline with the middle of the gun? The Tippmann Flatline has already shown us that you can fire a paintball in a curved barrel, but this one would obviously be a good deal more complex. You would need the junction to be at least 6 inches past the breech because once the paintball and air blast behind it reaches the junction the ball would stop accellerating. Then you would need a long, maybe 12 inch forward section of barrel past the junction to try and stabilize the paintball that's just been shifted over to the side by a quarter inch or so. The one big problem I see with the system is that the Flatline works because the curved section imparts a backspin on the paintball, but this might possibly give the balls a left or right spin, depending on which chamber is firing. I suppose the best way to combat that would be to have the foreward section of the breech be of a slightly smaller diameter than the rearward section, or possibly give it straight rifling grooves of the sort J&J used to offer on their custom barrels in the mid 90's.
If the concept works, actually building a Y barrel would be difficult too. Milling is straight out, and metal might not be the way to go anyway. I suppose this thing could only be custom molded out of a plastic of some sort and then hand-finished on the inside. It certainly couldn't be threaded, so a locking bolt mechanism of some sort would have to be used to mount it to the gun. Goes without saying that cleaning it on the field would be a bee-ah-itch. Still, I can't think of a better or more unique way to get around the one-barrel tournament limitation.

Oh, BTW, this is with the recipricating action in mind, but I suppose you could do it with a tandem action too if you set the sear releases as far apart as possible and slightly "bowed" one of the rear sections of the barrel out a bit so as to slow it down enough that the two paintballs wouldn't collide as they entered the main barrel section.

Last edited by The Inflicted : 04-26-2003 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:58 AM #48
sicksickwxrld
i will **** you up

haha you would have to invent a new squigee for it too!
Old 04-28-2003, 12:16 AM #49
Dragonphreak

What if the Y barrel (I like the idea) was not only Y'd in but up like the flatline? Would this straighten it out some?It might look fugly, but it would be tourney legal.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:50 AM #50
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Now there's an idea. Lessen the effect of the sidespin imparted on the balls by introducing an even greater tendency to backspin and create a maxim effect.

I'm kind of tempted to run some prelimenary tests for this thing. Too bad there's no one out there making .68 flexible rubber tubing, or maybe .70 to account for the pinching at the bend.
Old 04-28-2003, 07:06 AM #51
Dragonphreak

There probably is a company that makes .70 hose, I just don't know who... maybe clippard.. :-), Also, I was thinking that you would end up getting a double x pattern of shots, as the balls from different sides would cross in the arcs twice, one in short range and again in long range...
Old 04-29-2003, 08:05 PM #52
jus

jus is a Supporting Member
how about make the Y up and down instead (i dont know how i havnt thought it throygh yet) then it would eb kind of a flatline with a straight par on it, kinda like tkaing the flatline, cutting a hole at the end of the bend and putting a straight barrelt there uhhh its onyl an idea, im not sure how it would work. i could sketch it if you dont understand.
Old 04-30-2003, 12:02 AM #53
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

I think I see what you're saying jus, but it'd be hard to apply here, since the gun itself is supposed to be a side-by-side double-barreld autococker. This could work for an over-under configuration, though, like on some Typhoons, and since the gun is supposed to be a recipricating open-bolt marker you wouldn't need any kind of sear release on the upper tube.

Dragonphreak, your idea sounds interesting, but wouldn't the balls still just retain the sideways spin from the last bend they go through? Also, an "X" barrel would have to be extremely long so that the curves are not sharp enough to break the paint as it slides through it.
Old 04-30-2003, 11:01 AM #54
Dragonphreak

the balls would retain a sideways and a back spin, causing a double arc with a space between the arcs. At least, I think so, hard to tell without testing.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:04 AM #55
Vamp
The Master of Darkness

*cough cough*nasty typhoon*cough cough* The Y shaped barrel might work but it would be good for close range only.The Nasty Typhoon's barrels aren't threaded are they?
Old 05-04-2003, 01:29 PM #56
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Not only are the Typhoon's barrel(s) not threaded, they're not even removable. After all, they're built from unibody Sheridan pumps. Of course, the Nasty Typhoon and Hurricane are not tournament legal, and the whole point of the solution is to get past the "only one barrel allowed" rule for tournaments.

And why would the Y barrel only be good for close range? If it's chronoed at 300fps it should throw paint as far as anything else out there.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:51 PM #57
Dragonphreak

I think he was referring to the Y only being good at close range for the flatline effect, but I beg to differ. I think that if you tuned it right (with barrel lenght) you could put the X for when the shot flight path at any point you wanted. it would take testing, but I think its do-able. Anyone know if there is some software that we could model the barrel up on and see?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:41 PM #58
Vamp
The Master of Darkness

I think the drawings could be done on a CAD program.
Old 05-10-2003, 09:35 PM #59
Dragonphreak

yeah, but even with CAD you can't test the physics of the barrel.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:08 PM #60
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

This whole reciprocating trigger idea is pretty funny since its WAY more complicated then its needs to be.

Here is a simpler idea:

Start with 1 plain, stock cocker.
Upgrade the pneumatics to 1/8" hose and QEVs.

Take a 2nd cocker with NO 3way, LPR, or GRIP.
Rig a sniper autotrigger to the trigger.
Add a y-adapter to the Cocker-1 3way, and run a line to the ram, BUT IN REVERSE.

Believe it or not, dual-barrel cockers were being made in the early 90s for the Lively-series, which allowed multi-barrel guns. The above setup was a common method of setup for a mechanical/reciprocating trigger.

The y-barrel would still not be legal. It still would technically have 2-barrels (the tips of the "y"). So, this "Y" barrel is a useless idea. You have a 2-barrelled cocker that shares the same muzzle-break.
A better idea would be to have a "Y" shaped gun:
Basically, you have a standard cocker barrel, with 2 cockers attached to it at 45degree angles. This works because the breach is combined, and they have angled bolts to push the paint into the SINGLE barrel properly. This would be legal.

I could draw a diagram if someone needs?

Nick
Old 05-27-2003, 08:19 PM #61
automagsrule
LOIC

that 1 barrel reciprocating cocker sounds interesting, could you email me the diagram please?

IRPaintballer@yahoo.com

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 05-28-2003, 09:05 PM #62
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Automags rule.
Here is the dual feed-system I had in mind.
It would double the fire rate of ANY PAINTBALL GUN.
The gun would have 2 loaders, but one barrel, so it would be NRPL legal.

The reciprocating bolt system would be independent of the valve, so you could use an timmy/cocker/mag/matrix/blowback style valve.

Nick
Old 05-29-2003, 10:55 PM #63
automagsrule
LOIC

That would be the world's fattest gun.

edit: phattest

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton