PIMP OWNERS: New Designz Ram ceases production. Do you still want one? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-19-2006, 03:10 AM #1
digdug18

digdug18 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
PIMP OWNERS: New Designz Ram ceases production. Do you still want one?

The much sought after NDZ slik shot ram is now out of production, my buddy dave has bought the last 2 for his customers' pimps' and that was all that was left at NDZ and they dont have any plans on making anymore. So I've already posted a thread on the impy forum, I'd like 100 people on there so that we might be able to put together a order for them for a limited run of them to get made.
This ram will get you approx. 400 shots more over the stock pimp ram, and it will almost eliminate FSDO(First Shot Drop Off). It fits Impys and PIMPs and if you dont have one and you want one, or if you already have one but need another check out my petition on the Impulse forum:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1415245

CHUD
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2006, 10:08 AM #2
UnbrakableX
xxx

UnbrakableX is a Supporting Member
Although NDZ may not produce them anymore...there are PLENTY of rams and individual NDZ ram parts to be bought all over the internet. Nearly every major store has NDZ ram parts and the whole assembly.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:42 AM #3
Red Eye
Custom Knife Maker

I had no trouble at all when I went looking for one.
They can be, as UnbrakableX mentioned, found all over the net.
Did notice color choices seemed limited at alot of places, but most had gloss black for sure.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:18 AM #4
BeenPimpSlapped?
Obi-Wan-PIMP-Nobi

BeenPimpSlapped? is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdug18
This ram will get you approx. 400 shots more over the stock pimp ram, and it will almost eliminate FSDO(First Shot Drop Off).
Um..No.

PIMPs don't suffer from FSDO, that was one of the big design differences in the PUNCH2 and using the Timmy noid.
I have the NDZ ram in one of my PIMPs and it gets worse efficiency than the stock PUNCH2. Put them both side to side and you'll see the double oring portion of the PUNCH2 holds far less air than the improved channels on the Slick shot. Also the back macro fitting in the PIMP (as oppossed to the fron on an IMP)puts air straight into the PUNCH2 while in the NDZ it has to travel Forward to the air channel and back to the rear to enter making 2 90* turns. The NDZ ram is very tight where the air inlet is on the PIMP. Air must squeeze through the sides fo the ram to get up front where the IMP inlet would be and the actual air channel begins. Also the PUNCH 2 has air inlets all around the circumfrance. Position doesn't matter. The NDZ has only 2 inlets, yet another 90* turn if it's not lined up right when screwed all the way in. Finally it's not adjustable. The slick shot ram piston is smaller (Thinner) than the PUNCH2, yet again more air needed. The only advantage of the slick shot is the weight of the piston and hammer. Lower mass = less LPR needed to move it at high ROF. Draw back of less mass is more LPR or Dwell needed to actuate the valve. The net loss was I had to run higher dwell and LPR to get it to activate the valve properly 100% of the time. Bottom line , I am still playing with settings, but I get about 150 less shots with the NDZ ram.
Finally, the PUNCH2 is adjustable. not a big deal untill you use small bore paint and the ball rolls back off the eye.

Notice the pics.

Bottom line, I tried it on the PIMP to see if it was an improvement over the PUNCH2..It was not.

My 2cents.
BeenPimpSlapped? Official Fan Club Member #1
Kinda scary that "The.Evil.Tech", the "smart" guy at EVIL can't figure out the double post thing..gotta stop using that ramping mouse..
Offical Jenna Jameson Fan Club Member #1
I'm the forgotten EVIL BETA tester..and PIMP-FU MASTER

Last edited by BeenPimpSlapped? : 02-19-2006 at 11:20 AM.