PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-25-2001, 04:44 PM #1
aftershock00

has been a member for 10 years
i dont understand y people dont like ans and always go to palmer...i mean....out of all the people that are againt ans i bet only 5% of them actually had a bad experienece....aside from their looks...i think ans really got their act together in the past couple of years and i think its just their old rep that is holding them back...kinda like hyundai if ya know what i mean....the 3 way is really short allowing for a nice trigger pull....the ram is really smooth and durable...the jack hasnt given me and problems and i had it for a year so far....plus it works well...and the gen x isnt the best reg out but its one of the best and it looks sweet.

Can n e one argue with me about this....if n e one had a problem that i found it was user error or it was from the old ANS
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2001, 05:08 PM #2
Markis12
Hostile

I have all ANS pneus and quick pull bolt, Genx-2 reg and have not had a problem. They look sweet and as for how they perform they Rock! Palmers are ugly. ANS rummor got started from people that dont know what the hell they were talking about. I reccomend these products to anyone.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:41 PM #3
PimpaLimpa

PimpaLimpa is a founding member
The problem with ANS is that

1. If I had my finger rested on the trigger, that would agitate the 3way and make it leak.

2. The 3way always chopped o rings and its a ***** to find those sized o rings

Its mostly a 3 way problem, Thats why I got rid of mine.

Those are my OPINIONS,
I did like the ram and the volumizer though.
Old 04-25-2001, 06:44 PM #4
bloodsuckingsn

bloodsuckingsn is a Supporting Member
bloodsuckingsn is a founding member
ive never had a prob with them
Old 04-25-2001, 11:25 PM #5
mx3custom

i have ans pneumatics they work great with compressed air but when you run co2 when it is cold they feeze up and leak horribly, not all brands of pneumatics will leak when they are that cold, i think i will keep ans for awhile though, seems to work ok
Old 04-26-2001, 12:29 AM #6
PimpaLimpa

PimpaLimpa is a founding member
They are fine if you are not in competion because they will go down eventually.
My Palmers have never had the problems that I have had with ANS and I will keep them.
Old 04-26-2001, 02:06 AM #7
Lambchop892

Thumbs up

I have an ANS LP front block, and I have not had any probs with it. If I don't allow the trigger to come all the way home, the four-way will hiss. Then again, I have only experienced this while tinkering... never in a game.

I also have an ANS shroud. I like it. It looks way better than a stock shroud, and it's rubberized for a sure grip. I know... Most people probably don't use their shrouds. So be it. I just don't want to hook a line on a twig and have it come flyin' off. It also makes for easier clean up.

I don't have any problems with Palmer and Shocktech. I've only heard good things about their products. I just feel that ANS got a bad rap back in the day. Perhaps their products were sub-standard then. I haven't seen it.

later,
-Chop
NW89 Pump
PMI I