Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-16-2006, 03:28 PM #1
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
im going freakin insane with omen problems

I don't even know if I actually have a problem. I'm one of those smart kids that doesn't get anything right. Like wearing out my cup seal 3 times bcuz i forgot to cock my gun. Yeah I'm dumb, but i have a 3.8 in school.

Well i got my gun back from the factory today. I put a NON-ANTI SIPHONED CO2 tank on my omen. (yes, also dumb) Well i aired it up and it leaked down the barrel and out of the recock screw port. If i stick an anti-siphoned tank on or a n2 tank, will the leak stop??
I was putting the tank on to measure out where the valve ends to know where to install an anti-siphon tube. ut then i heard the leak and i wondered if I broke it.
I called up the evil tech and he said it was working fine at the factory, so idk. I'm pretty sure I just need the right airsource. It wasn't the cup seal, either, bcuz i just replaced it b4 i aired up.

pz--jake
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2006, 04:01 PM #2
cyberpyr8
Jedi Knight

cyberpyr8 is a Supporting Member
Most of the time leaking down the barrel is the cup seal. In your case I am not sure. I have never put CO2 on an Omen.

Unless you don't have access to nitro, I would try and get a cheap air tank. At high rates of fire you will probably freeze up the Omen. I did that once with an Ion on ramp. If that is your only choice, get the anti-siphon working without putting co2 in it then try it.

I have a Anti-siphoned 20oz CO2 if you really want one. $15+shipping and it's yours. It's just sitting in my garage.

From the FAQ:
Q: Can the Evil Omen use CO2?

Yes and No. While the Omen will operate using Co2 it's not a very good idea. Co2 is a corrosive a dirty Gas. After prolonged use Orings will start to grim up and corrode and will have be be replace well before there time. It also puts more wear and tear on all the parts of the paintball gun were the gas is present.
If you absolutly can not use HPA at the time, an anti-siphen tank is your next option. These Co2 tanks should never be fill all the way and should always be placed on the gun in the correct manner to ensure no liquid gets into the regulator. If liquid get's past the regulator and into the valve chamber, the liquid will expand at any wear from 700-1800 psi. The normal operation pressure of the Omen is 300 psi...so your going to get massive hots shots that can blow a paintball into peaces inside the barrel. It will also over pressurize the recock, thus making the Gun recoil really bad and over powering the CAM feed, smacking a ball in the breach really hard, and potentially busting a ball inside the breach.

Last edited by cyberpyr8 : 02-16-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:24 PM #3
fAllout_oMen

I already have an anti-siphon tube, I just haven't installed it, bcuz you need to match it up w/the threads of your particular gun. I won't have problems w/ freezing, because I will only be using co2 while I cannot get nitro. I play 3-4 times a month, nitro usage once at my field, and then once bcuz i will still have air left over. I was going for the anti-siphon bcuz I can't get nitro all the time. I can't drive, just so you know. Thats mostly why.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:34 PM #4
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

well if you would have screwed it into the gun with the on/off OFF it wouldn't have done anything.

I can't see it doing anything, but CO2 will **** up the det and the cup seal, at the least, prob the orings on the hammer too
Old 02-16-2006, 06:24 PM #5
TSL21

If you are still having problems with the leaking, lube the valve O-rings. Make sure when you take out the valve you push it out from the back with a pencil eraser or something soft. I had this same problem with my omen.

FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post25402536
RL-576
Old 02-16-2006, 08:09 PM #6
BeenPimpSlapped?
Obi-Wan-PIMP-Nobi

BeenPimpSlapped? is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Was your OMEN cocked before you aired it up?

Also if air is coming out the recock screw, either it is way to far out, or the oring is missing/mis-aligned on the valve body.

Try gassing up again with teh recock completely closed and the Omen cocked first. If it's still leaking out the recock, the oring is bad, missing or misaligned.

I use anti syphon on my OMEN when I play woods ball. I set ROF at 13bps max and have no issues, though it does get pretty cold.
BeenPimpSlapped? Official Fan Club Member #1
Kinda scary that "The.Evil.Tech", the "smart" guy at EVIL can't figure out the double post thing..gotta stop using that ramping mouse..
Offical Jenna Jameson Fan Club Member #1
I'm the forgotten EVIL BETA tester..and PIMP-FU MASTER
Old 02-16-2006, 08:28 PM #7
fAllout_oMen

thanks BPS?, its definantly my o-rings gone bad.

l8terr
Old 02-16-2006, 08:29 PM #8
fAllout_oMen

thanks BPS?, its definantly my o-rings gone bad.

l8terr
Old 02-16-2006, 10:50 PM #9
cory101

i have to new cup seals if you want them along with an extra 1.0 valve it you want to over haul the thing PM me
Old 02-17-2006, 07:16 AM #10
fAllout_oMen

Na dude, i have an extra cup seal, i inspected the one I already have, and its fine too. I've tried both of them.
I think the 1.0 valve wasn't as good too, right? I dunno, I wasn't really around paintball that long, only as long as when the omen first came out, in splash fade anodizing. Like BPS?'s omen.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:54 AM #11
eric_righteous
EVILpb. SDpevs. BOSSpbp.

^i didnt thnk you could inspect whether a cupseal was good or not. when my plastic one crapped out on me, it still looked fine. nevertheless, it still didnt work and has since been replaced.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:10 AM #12
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by fAllout_oMen
I already have an anti-siphon tube, I just haven't installed it, bcuz you need to match it up w/the threads of your particular gun. I won't have problems w/ freezing, because I will only be using co2 while I cannot get nitro. I play 3-4 times a month, nitro usage once at my field, and then once bcuz i will still have air left over. I was going for the anti-siphon bcuz I can't get nitro all the time. I can't drive, just so you know. Thats mostly why.
personally, i just bought a scuba tank, for when i'm messing with my gun at home. it's cheap to get filled, and doesn't hurt to have, even if you go to the feild, and they don't fill hpa. (yes there are still feilds that don't so it's some what handy to have)
Old 02-17-2006, 11:14 AM #13
eric_righteous
EVILpb. SDpevs. BOSSpbp.

^whered you get your scuba? how much was it?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:18 AM #14
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

at any diving shop??? lol

the prices usually vary they can go as low as 90bux, all the way up to 400-500
Old 02-17-2006, 04:22 PM #15
twichyfingerII (Banned)
elite alien poster #9

sig