Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-09-2001, 05:48 PM #1
NanoSpark
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
How to rebuild Trinity?

Ok, i need to rebuild my trinity. What do I need to do it. My trinity came with 2 o-rings tie wrapped to the adjusting knob. Are those All i need to rebuild it?

How to dissassemble, where to lube and where not to lube?

I put CO2 trhough my gun and I think it may have messed with my trinity a bit.

The bolt chops RPs... but then it does it stops moving... and when it stops mmoving i pull the trigger and it sounds like the air is going back into the tank... it is a wierd sound. my a sound like farting in the hole of a 50 gallon drum.

Wierd. Anyways, i was told to rebuild and it should solve choping problems. But i wont use RPs any more.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2001, 08:06 PM #2
NanoSpark
Banned

up
Old 08-09-2001, 10:38 PM #3
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

Supplies needed:
1-010 o-ring
1-Automag valve seat
I believe its a 1.5mm allen key, but i'm not sure, so don't quote me on that.
Process:
Step1-Remove Trinity reg. from gun
Step2-Remove set screws from Trinity(the little ones)
Step3-Remove adjusting knob and spring
Step4-Remove outer sleeve by sliding away from threaded end(the part that screws into the gun)
Step5-Use an allen key to push the plunger out the front, then replace o-ring(the outer reg sleeve)
Step6-Replace reg seat with new one
When putting back together, remember that the sm. spring goes into the threaded part(the piece that screws into the gun), then the pin(pointed side should fit in the hole int reg seat). Press the two pieces of the reg together. Align set screws, lock them in place. Put some oil on the plunger o-ring, then put that back in place, tapered side down. Then put the lg. spring back into knob. Reinstall Trinity to the gun, set Trinity, and voila, a rebuilt Trinity.
If I am shady in my instuctions, please ask to explain it more clearly, its very hard to explain something without a visual.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:55 PM #4
NanoSpark
Banned

THANKS!!!

dude.. your explanation was above and beyond the call of duty.. thank you for your time!!!

I got this thing apart... (AHHH crap... I am watching "worlds scariest places" on TV and the hot chick is going postal... i would have left her and turned off my walky talkie by now... ) anyways... just had to vent, she is pissing me off.

ok now, I got this thing apart. It is SOOO simple. I got some contact cleaner I am going to use to clean the inside of the sleeve. I am going to use silicon grease to re-lube. (I WILL make sure the contact cleaner is gone and that it is dry before installing parts. I just want to make sure it is the cleanest possible thing. I want my things clean and precise... so, I got to be anal about this. I want any old grease gone.

BTW: Anyone else reading this, I wouldn't use it on any kind of internals. it can swell o-rings.

(this cleaner is safe for plastics and rubber though, it is Cable life.. used to clean and lubricate brake cables on ofroad dirtbikes... its cool. good enough for my clutch, good enough for my trinity

Thank you biggy... your explanation was 110%.

Perhaps we can move his post to the FAQ section... it will be helpfull.