PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-09-2001, 06:03 PM #1
DarkReign
Jay N Silnt Bob, recogniz

has been a member for 10 years
Hey Fatty... could this be done? And if so how mcuh?

Well i have almost no doubt that the trinity is better than the Shocktech. But they perform close enough to the same that im gonna pay more for looks. Sooooo what im wondering is if it would be possible to get a custom made trinity that looks more generic like the Shocktech FGP or the Palmer Rock? If so, about how much would this cost?

"Dwell in the depths of the darker self at any shore of infinity.
And watch the relentless paint the soil black.
What is being formed echos throughout eternity.
As the painter chooses color no more."
(Dimmu Borgir - The Maelstrom Mephisto)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2001, 09:36 AM #2
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
Trinity - gets you tech support on your WHOLE GUN.

FGP - gets you... an FGP

Custom Trinitys won't be available until I get my lathe, around november or december. So buy a regular one now, and I'll mill it later

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 08-10-2001, 10:29 AM #3
Venom
We Are Venom

Tech Support on the whole gun?

Thats a nice feature.

My Matrix i just got has a year and half store warrnty (sp) they fix anything and everything no mater what it is. This is nice becuse its the frist brand new gun i have ever bought.

Also with the Trinty, Fatty can you set the gun to 16.7bps and not chop balls, and also if it doesnt chop it it wont fire it either right. so you be rappid firing kinda like this - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So you could fire 16.7 shots but only fire 12 or 13 balls right?

Can the Matrix even chop balls if its set at 12.5 bps or lower?
i wonder about this becuse i have mine set at 11.1 but am wondering if it could do 12.5 with out problems. I would really like not to break any paint and i'd do what it takes to make it so it cant over shoot the hopper. Let me know and if you could dont try to sell me in the trinty, good things come in time for me. I want to make sure im geting everything i can out of my gun as it is now until that day i can get the nessary upgrades to make it so it cant chop paint. Anyone out that knows if the Matrix will or will not chop balls at 12.5 please let me know or if it will even do higher bps.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2001, 10:48 AM #4
Fatty
Super Pimp

If you EVER misfeed, you will chop. Its that simple. Even at 8bps, if your hopper hiccups, you have paint soup.

It virtually eliminates chopping, I never EVER chop with mine, and I outshoot my worn out preBE revvy all the time.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 08-10-2001, 12:23 PM #5
Spite4U

Venom, can you say paint blender? It is so easy to outshoot your hopper, you will laugh. Get a Trinity, or you will kick yourself in the @ss for it later. A couple of chops and it is disassembly and re-lube time. This is a pain in the staging area. My 2 cents...
Matrix #1312
Shocker #23383
Old 08-10-2001, 01:00 PM #6
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
custom trinity sleeves would be awsome. i still want my acme rocket! lol
Old 08-10-2001, 03:19 PM #7
Venom
We Are Venom

My Revy is brand new i just got it yesterday and it seems all good. I had a 9v revy and it couldent keep up with me on my cocker very well. This one im gonna keep amazingly clean no crap paint in it and such. I only plan on shooting Diablo or PMI, RPS (arnt PMI and RPS the same?). I dont expect to have any problems as i tested my gun at 11.1 and filled it with 20 balls. shot them all at that speed real nice. I dont expect the hopper to hickup becuse the eye has to be drity for that to happen. Also i just discovered that the Stock Matrix barrel is a very clean shooting barrel, you dont get any of that scum in it after shooting paint. I think that helps it be an equal to the Boomstick.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:43 PM #8
krasher
BigPimpin

I've even been able to play with a busted revvy with no fear of chopping, unlike someone with an ACE, when your revvy breaks you can still chop with that.
Old 08-10-2001, 05:05 PM #9
Fatty
Super Pimp

Me at Wasaga... revvy that wouldn't shut off, my 9v vl2000... high quality loaders there

I should really invest in a Rico

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 08-10-2001, 06:55 PM #10
Medzee3

Medzee3 is a Supporting Member
I never once chopped paint with my 12 volt on a stock Matrix as long as the gun was set to 11 bps. I would skip shots if I shot too fast, but I would never break a ball. That's out of maybe 5000 shots. Trinities are nice I'm sure, but it's not a must-have item.

Feedback
Old 08-10-2001, 07:32 PM #11
Fatty
Super Pimp

You could try one, they're fun

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr
Old 08-10-2001, 07:47 PM #12
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
my local airsmith didn't believe me about the trinity not chopping. i let him fire 200 rounds through it with a regular tippmann hopper, no electronics. he ripped on it, and it farted like crazy, but it didn't chop a single ball