PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-13-2006, 06:40 PM #22
AKMetal
wat?

AKMetal is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Manike I really want my E-vents I know ive heard 2nd week in March, but honestly how long do you think this will take?
Old 02-13-2006, 07:01 PM #23
Prea

im gonna guess april
Old 02-13-2006, 07:31 PM #24
MAD4LYF (Banned)
I'm really T2...

ahem.... would there possibly be some truth in my statement mr."chemisty college major"?
Old 02-13-2006, 08:26 PM #25
hoserpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealInsomniac
3)There was in fact a defect, the glue was absorbing the compound that makes the mask flexible and the glue was hardening/falling off.
- I have a pretty good knowlage of chemistry... blah blah blah...
Please get into chemical theory, Mr. Wizard. Your alternative hypothesis was very insightful.

Seriously, though, I think Manike's explanation sounds reasonable and probable.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:05 AM #26
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by manike
I've been honest all the way through and I've already told people what the issue is.

The foam and the glue holding it into place are either wrong or not up to standard. I'm a stubborn anal retentive git and I want the quality to be right so I won't let them be released for sale until the foam and glue is correct.

Unfortunately it's taking longer than hoped.

We also got held up by the thermal lens maker not being able to supply us because of the demand for ski goggles, but that should have been resolved now.

This is very close to the truth, I had 500 sets of goggles come in and I stopped them being shipped out because, once again the foam and glue was not correct.

Unfortunately there are sometimes communications errors when dealing with oversears manufacturers and they thought that when I said "Don't ever use that foam again on my goggles, and make sure that when you glue the correct foam on you do it the correct way which is... and use this glue..." to mean "Use that crap foam and crap glue until Chinese New year is over and you can get the correct stuff".

Obviously something was lost in the translation which almost caused me to fly to Taiwan and strangle a few people.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH... its becuase of youre patience and understanding with us, the bumbling masses, that I keep my preorder of avatars... I also appreciate your appreciation to detail I hope you enjoyed taiwan, I hear it can be very nice this time of year...

Mad4lyfe... Im sorry but the chance of there being somthing in the glue to react with such tolerant substances (silicone, rubber, latex) Sulfuric ACid has a very difficult time getting through this stuff, lye doesnt do a great job either. Ill put as simply as this, silicon is an element which is used in sythetic rubbers (such as paintball maske frames) it is also a solid element ( a metal). with no true liquid form , it is not attacked by acids except hydrofluoric. (which I guarentee will not be used in glue, its really nasty stuff, think the movie "aliens") It is attacked by halogens( not the lamp) and dilute alkali ( alkaline substanses with 2 other substances in there, one of which is also on the alkaline side, the other nuetral, usually water.

By hydrolysing a silicon organic chloride, also Hydrolysis and condensation of substituted chlorosilanes is used to produce a large number of polymers known as silicones, ranging from liquids (our dow 33/55) to hard, glasslike solids ( car windsheilds... included in that range is the synthetic rubber used in paintball masks. these share realativly the same acidic and alkaline tolerances as silicon....

enough with confusin all you 16 year olds. to make a long story short, this guy either heard something innacurate (and didnt have the brains to figure out it was a load), or made it up... told you (niether did you), and you posted it here as fact, you now look like a moron (which I think you deserve for spreading a rumor that couldnt be confirmed in ANY way, other than hearsay, theres a reason hearsay isnt admissible in court) but dont worry about it happens to everyone at one point or another. this will just teach you to think before you speak, and word it very carefully. It wil also encourage you to get a college education.

so... no

BTW im not a chem major, Mechanical and biophysical engineering. and music minor. I also spent 2 years taking kenisiolgy to help with the biophysical part.

Manike i tried to PM you but it wouldnt let me, youre a busy guy and i respect that, but if you could, I have an idea that you may find interesting...almost completely unrelated to the mask.

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 02-14-2006 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:19 AM #27
hoserpants

Quote:
...it is also a solid element ( a metal)....
I hate to strawman, but that's not exactly true. Silicon is a metalloid. It can alloy with metals and shares metallic properties, but is nonmetallic. I only nitpick because you come here calling people morons, while at the same time touting yourself as some bastion of higher education. I learned that just from reading a couple books on metallurgy in my free time.

Are you simple because your English is worse than mine? I was writing at university levels in middle school. I've won or placed in every age-oriented writing competition I've entered. No one cares, with the possible exception of my mommy - it doesn't make me better than other people. It's lame to even announce this crap.

If you want to be contributive, help people understand where they're wrong. Ignorance doesn't necessarily mean a person has a learning disability. I'm sure an electical engineer could tell you a thing or two about circuit design that would leave you blinking like a tree frog.

If you want to be a twat, do not consider anything I type.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:07 AM #28
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
TherealInsomniac is playing at Living Legends VI
TherealInsomniac has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
TherealInsomniac supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoserpants
I hate to strawman, but that's not exactly true. Silicon is a metalloid. It can alloy with metals and shares metallic properties, but is nonmetallic. I only nitpick because you come here calling people morons, while at the same time touting yourself as some bastion of higher education. I learned that just from reading a couple books on metallurgy in my free time.
ok ill give you that, I was sort of dumbing it down, I knew when i typed it it was 100% accurate, only I didnt worry about it becuase its wasnt really realavent to the context of the argument, but you are the one who asked me to get into the chem of it. Frankly Im impressed that you followed it. youre a smart man.

Quote:
IAre you simple because your English is worse than mine?
maybe, id need to speak more with you as i dont pour all of my effort into being gramatically correct on a message board. AS i rea read this i realize you were providing an example. My response is, I belive my english would have to be at least a little bit simpler. It would be like uconn playing the pistons, they are a good team, but they arnt as good as the pistons. I only took 2 years of english.

Quote:
I was writing at university levels in middle school. I've won or placed in every age-oriented writing competition I've entered. No one cares, with the possible exception of my mommy - it doesn't make me better than other people. It's lame to even announce this crap.
good for you. I have no idea what your age but im glad that someone still cares about grammar and such. I really think the internet is the the biggest contributing factor of the downfall of correct english. But i still agree about the announcement, I only gave my degree pursuit becuase somone posted about it.

Quote:
If you want to be contributive, help people understand where they're wrong. Ignorance doesn't necessarily mean a person has a learning disability.
I continue to agree. However the only thing I can see in my post about alearning disability is that he LOOKED like a moron, not is one. we all have those moments. I have them them at least once a week.

Quote:
I'm sure an electical engineer could tell you a thing or two about circuit design that would leave you blinking like a tree frog.
I know one could, I have a roomate who does that, I dont understand anything past the first chapter ( but then again its not part of my degree)

Quote:
If you want to be a twat, do not consider anything I type.
I never meant to be a twat about anything I just looked at things logically, and responded to each post in turn that concerned me. Nor did I mean to come off as a poster boy for higher education. belive me Im not the one for that job.

All my original post was meant for was to debunk a rumor. I do understand where your coming from though. and I can be cynical, and at times i make house (the Dr from the tv show) look like a little lamb according to my rroomates. I will make an attempt to not let tat show too often here on PBN

I also wanted to thank you for being respectful in your corrections. all too often you see a simple misunderstanding, or misinformation turn into a huge flame fest, im glad we avoided this. In turn I respect you...

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 02-14-2006 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:37 PM #29
MAD4LYF (Banned)
I'm really T2...

Quote:
enough with confusin all you 16 year olds. to make a long story short, this guy either heard something innacurate (and didnt have the brains to figure out it was a load), or made it up... told you (niether did you), and you posted it here as fact, you now look like a moron (which I think you deserve for spreading a rumor that couldnt be confirmed in ANY way, other than hearsay, theres a reason hearsay isnt admissible in court) but dont worry about it happens to everyone at one point or another. this will just teach you to think before you speak, and word it very carefully. It wil also encourage you to get a college education.
Sorry man all I got is a Web development degree, A+ Cert, Net+ Cert, MCSE, and my Real Estate Brokerage... Maybe I should've went to clown college like you, then I could be a smart-@ss know it all.

I did not just make this up.... Granted it was here-say, but it seemed to be from a credible source.

Let's get back on topic.

Better yet just close this, it's really become pointless.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:57 PM #30
hoserpants

Quote:
ok ill give you that, I was sort of dumbing it down, I knew when i typed it it was 100% accurate, only I didnt worry about it becuase its wasnt really realavent to the context of the argument, but you are the one who asked me to get into the chem of it. Frankly Im impressed that you followed it. youre a smart man.
When I did that, I was being somewhat facetious. I used sarcasm in response to what I perceived as an arrogant remark. Thank you for the compliment, though.
Quote:
maybe, id need to speak more with you as i dont pour all of my effort into being gramatically correct on a message board. AS i rea read this i realize you were providing an example. My response is, I belive my english would have to be at least a little bit simpler. It would be like uconn playing the pistons, they are a good team, but they arnt as good as the pistons. I only took 2 years of english.
You're right in that it was an example, to illustrate part of my point. My point is that human intelligence is a very nebulous thing, and while one person might be terrible at math, they may be a world class artist or whatever. Einstein was thought to be retarded because he didn't begin speaking until he was over 3 years old.

I haven't had any university years of English. I dropped out of highschool about 5 years ago and got a GED. In the meantime I've been fooling around with crap jobs and letting my brain get soft. I'm probably going to get a doctorate in metallurgy, whenever I get around to it. According to standardised testing, I am above average in intelligence. Unfortunately, I'm also very lazy.
Quote:
good for you. I have no idea what your age but im glad that someone still cares about grammar and such. I really think the internet is the the biggest contributing factor of the downfall of correct english. But i still agree about the announcement, I only gave my degree pursuit becuase somone posted about it.
I'm 23 as of yesterday. I hate the apathy people have toward their languages, but I'm not sure the web is to blame. While the articulacy of the average person may be pretty bad, compared to writers of the past, fewer people could read at all back then. Literacy is at an all time high, I believe.
Quote:
I continue to agree. However the only thing I can see in my post about alearning disability is that he LOOKED like a moron, not is one. we all have those moments. I have them them at least once a week.
That's true.
Quote:
I know one could, I have a roomate who does that, I dont understand anything past the first chapter ( but then again its not part of my degree)
That's an example of my original point. A person well versed in chemistry may not know the first thing about anatomy. It doesn't make them stupid, just specialized in their studies.
Quote:
I never meant to be a twat about anything I just looked at things logically, and responded to each post in turn that concerned me. Nor did I mean to come off as a poster boy for higher education. belive me Im not the one for that job.

All my original post was meant for was to debunk a rumor. I do understand where your coming from though. and I can be cynical, and at times i make house (the Dr from the tv show) look like a little lamb according to my rroomates. I will make an attempt to not let tat show too often here on PBN
I misinterpreted your meaning. I'm very cynical, myself. In fact, I get a lot of laughs from House, since he has the balls to say the kind of thing that is generally my first reaction. I just try to exercise restraint until someone really deserves to be dumped on.
Quote:
I also wanted to thank you for being respectful in your corrections. all too often you see a simple misunderstanding, or misinformation turn into a huge flame fest, im glad we avoided this. In turn I respect you...
I have to admit that I wasn't trying to be respectful. I was actually trying to be abrasive. I generally regret emotional flare-ups, though, so I prefer you don't take it badly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4LYF
I agree. I've helped derail the thread enough, so I won't post again unless I have something useful to the original topic of discussion. I think Manike answered everything pretty well, anyway.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:21 PM #31
crf100andion
Somebody Got Sliced

alrighty then iit makes me happy that i followed your big word conversations with ease and it also makes me happy to know that their are smart people on the internet thanks guys and im dead serious to
EVENTS FAN CLUB MEMBER #22
Dont act stupid.
Remember kids, the first step to quitting paintball is visiting Small Talk.
Christian? Yes.
Proud owner of a Karnivor Autococker and an ETek Ego
Old 02-14-2006, 07:10 PM #32
AKMetal
wat?

AKMetal is reppin' sidebar 4 life
arguing on the internet is cool
Old 02-14-2006, 07:22 PM #33
MisfitMisfit

Geeze hoser... he was just telling us why he thought there were things wrong with the first guys argument
Events fan club #6
Old 02-14-2006, 10:07 PM #34
hoserpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMetal
arguing on the internet is cool
Nah, it makes all the participants look like morons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitMisfit
Geeze hoser... he was just telling us why he thought there were things wrong with the first guys argument
And I told him why I thought he was being a big interweb meanie. Don't fret - I think he's a cool guy and we're gonna get e-married now. <3

So I lied about not posting anymore.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 AM #35
Super Ace

Super Ace owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Super Ace owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i called up Action Village and they said that the second week of March they will recive it i hope its true cuase i soldmy profilers to get the e-vents but im playing on the 26th
Old 02-17-2006, 03:25 PM #36
Schnapp (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD4LYF
Sorry man all I got is a Web development degree, A+ Cert, Net+ Cert, MCSE, and my Real Estate Brokerage... Maybe I should've went to clown college like you, then I could be a smart-@ss know it all.

I did not just make this up.... Granted it was here-say, but it seemed to be from a credible source.

Let's get back on topic.

you know you can delete your threads right.......
Old 02-17-2006, 06:48 PM #37
John684500
:tup:

John684500 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by P8ntball4Less
i was picking up my little sister at kindergarden today and saw a kid eating glue. He told me he was a taste tester for glue companies and the glue used on vents goggles didnt taste as good as there compeditors glue so they were going to hold up production on vents goggles till they can get the right taste
I lol'd. Good job
Old 02-19-2006, 12:11 AM #38
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
aparently they fixed the glue on the masks and are shipping them out this week. my local store reserved the first shipment when the owner went to the NPS convention for the release of the vents. he said latsest the end of this week... im kinda sad, cause now i have to chose between my blue e-vents and my blue Proflex's... ah, the decisions.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 02-19-2006, 12:49 AM #39
worr lord (the 1st) (Banned)
DEUX

I love arguments when it's not ME getting warned by mods

All I'm going to say on this is, EVERYTHING is hear-say until we have the masks - no sense in arguing over something that isn't certain yet. That, and don't insult other people's intelligence until you're 100% sure of your own.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:25 AM #40
Prea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Acacia
aparently they fixed the glue on the masks and are shipping them out this week. my local store reserved the first shipment when the owner went to the NPS convention for the release of the vents. he said latsest the end of this week... im kinda sad, cause now i have to chose between my blue e-vents and my blue Proflex's... ah, the decisions.
i highly doubt it......since the chinese new year just ended last week or so.....which means there has only really been a week to change the foam and glue, and ship them all back to the u.s......which takes more than a week
Old 02-19-2006, 11:06 AM #41
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prea
i highly doubt it......since the chinese new year just ended last week or so.....which means there has only really been a week to change the foam and glue, and ship them all back to the u.s......which takes more than a week
we'll see... if i get em by the end of this week, i'll let everyone know that they were shipped out.
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 02-19-2006, 12:49 PM #42
hardcore paintballer

hey manike, watchout... you said that you were the one that was holding up the elease and i think there might be a few people on this site that would like to strangle you
"Originally posted by swany51: I modified my DM6 to run off of nuclear power. I never run out, but, my gun glows in the dark, and my hair is falling out"