PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-10-2006, 03:34 PM #1
propluscocker04
Yes, thats me.

on/off included?

hey guys i was just wondering if the quest comes with an on/off? also how is the feedneck on it? and if anyone who has this gun could give me their opinion on it vs. say a timmy? thanks

NEW FEEDBACK 29+ 0-!!!

OLD FEEDBACK 14+ 0-!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2006, 03:40 PM #2
cjs9485
Important Info

cjs9485 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by propluscocker04
hey guys i was just wondering if the quest comes with an on/off? also how is the feedneck on it? and if anyone who has this gun could give me their opinion on it vs. say a timmy? thanks
1st question. No you would have to buy your own on/off
2nd question The feedneck works great. Just tighten the allen key according to your loaders feed neck.
3rd question. my Opinion is if you play by the rules the Quest is a better buy. The reason I say this is because the Timmy is faster but that doesn't matter when you can't shoot over 15bps. Weight wise I can notice they're both very light. Maintenance Quest wins. Shots per tank- Quest Wins. Not sure if your looking for something other than that but those are the basics.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
VIVA LA BUNNY
Old 02-10-2006, 03:41 PM #3
dyematrixgunna
• • •

dyematrixgunna is a Supporting Member
It does not come with an on/off. The feedneck is just a regular feedneck, you need an allen wrench to adjust it. Go to the VS. thread to see it against an EGO which is pretty much a timmy. That should give you a good idea.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:46 PM #4
NYGuardians capt.

NYGuardians capt. is a Supporting Member
NYGuardians capt. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
on the feedneck, it is the most reliable feedneck i have used so far, very easy to work with and very adjustable. also i own a timmy and a quest and the only thing the timmy has over the quest is trigger upgradeablity (sp), but techna is coming out with a quest trigger so now the timmy doesn't even have that.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:57 PM #5
shutter_elite
'05 rmps champs

shutter_elite is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
i own both, timmy & quest, so far timmy a little more kick, weight similar, accuracy, gas eff, very close, quest shot 6 hoppers off of 1300 psi last night @ 270 , (reballs), timmy is similar. I like both my guns, timmies just need a few upgrades to get to my liking.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:59 AM #6
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs9485
1st question. No you would have to buy your own on/off
2nd question The feedneck works great. Just tighten the allen key according to your loaders feed neck.
3rd question. my Opinion is if you play by the rules the Quest is a better buy. The reason I say this is because the Timmy is faster but that doesn't matter when you can't shoot over 15bps. Weight wise I can notice they're both very light. Maintenance Quest wins. Shots per tank- Quest Wins. Not sure if your looking for something other than that but those are the basics.
Shots per tank??? I doubt that... At any rate, I have heard a lot of good things about the Quest Makers. I have heard that they essentially feel like a shocker, but don't have the many problems that shockers have been known for. Lower Maintenance, better build quality etc. As far as shots per tank go. Im sure they are very efficient however, I find it hard to believe that any essentially "spool valve" based design would be more efficient than a stack tube gun. It simply wouldn't add up. A stack tube requires far less air to complete the same cycle than a spool valve.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:03 PM #7
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
It will really come down to feel. If you like the feel of a shocker or other spool valve guns, you will probably prefer to shoot a Qwest marker. If you like the feel of stack tubes such as Timmy, Ego, Cyborg, etc., than the timmy is gonna feel better. Stock 2k5 Timmies should have a good deal more kick than the Qwest. 2k6 Timmies however, will have equal or only slightly more kick than Qwest markers due to the new poppit design. Hope that helps