Old 02-09-2006, 02:39 PM #1
paintballego

Tryouts

Is NYX having tryouts?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2006, 02:45 PM #2
p8nt_freak1852 (Banned)

if they are there not gunna pick you, or anyone on the nation.. More then likely there gunna be private and to the thread starter..........................

Old 02-11-2006, 08:45 AM #3
Johnny2wice
Have Lawyer, Will Travel.

Johnny2wice is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yes....

Expect to see a few "OPEN" tryouts this season.

Will anyone make the team......hey you never know.

Also, expect to see a few "CLINICS" this season.

There are alot of new and exciting things happening within the NYX camp.....just everyone has to sit tight and give Rosie a little time to let the dust settle.

Oh, what else is new.....how about a trip to Latvia March 2nd to 6th to play in the EPPL/Centurinio Circut with an DYE Powered NYX, LA Ironmen combine with a little Nexus for an English flava.

So there is a lot going on behind the scenes.....
Old 02-13-2006, 09:02 PM #4
ZACHNYX

ZACHNYX is a Supporting Member
Johnny1wice, Who are you?

Last i was aware of you arnt even on NYX, I appreciate the support but how can you say there are going to be open tryouts.. right now the dust is settling, shortly things will be spic-n-span.

You are right, there are alot of new things going on...
Old 02-13-2006, 09:51 PM #5
ChrisSmith

damn zach you really run **** up in here
Old 02-13-2006, 10:25 PM #6
Johnny2wice

Zach,

Check out your PM

Have a good tournment

Last edited by Johnny2wice : 02-14-2006 at 04:01 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:26 PM #7
Firehouse (Banned)

so whats up with the rumor that nyx is mergeing with the hurra hurras?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:43 PM #8
JASONNYX

JASONNYX is a Professional paintball player
No Comment!
#1 CHRIS WEDGE FAN CLUB!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:48 PM #9
Firehouse (Banned)

so how does that work? who is in charge? will the team be called nyx or the hurricanes or something half and half like new york hurricanes?
Old 02-15-2006, 01:52 PM #10
ctpaintballa42

Clinics ehh? Teaming up with Hurras for these clinics...?
Old 02-15-2006, 02:04 PM #11
tekstyle
naptown

can jason or zack please comment on whether or not there might be tryouts?

PBN Feedback
Old 02-15-2006, 02:31 PM #12
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
i would imagine they've left for Texas.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
Old 02-15-2006, 10:23 PM #13
Johnny2wice

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary describes the word merging as:

Main Entry: merge
Pronunciation: 'm&rj
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): merged; merg·ing
Etymology: Latin mergere; akin to Sanskrit majjati he dives
transitive senses
1 archaic : to plunge or engulf in something : IMMERSE
2 : to cause to combine, unite, or coalesce
3 : to blend gradually by stages that blur distinctions
intransitive senses
1 : to become combined into one
2 : to blend or come together without abrupt change <merging traffic>
synonym see MIX

As it relates to players from other organizations playing on the NYX team, well where as the word merging may be best described as a misnomer a more accurate exemplification would be allied.

As to who runs the daily operations of the NYX organization, well of course Rosie does.

In reference to the clinic info, Jason and/or Zach may be asked to participate in them should their respective geographic location be conducive to a positive outcome.

However, if there doesn't appear to be more interest in them,Open Tryouts, Clinics and Open Practices, posted here on the Nation, one would be hard pressed to justify allocating resources to them.

Additionally, as to "open tryouts" the same argument can be made that they would have to be structured so to at the very least be: cost effective, not interfere with scheduled team practices and lastly not just be a waste of time for all parties involved.

As to Tekstyle's post of asking Jason or Zach, again when Official Information, Dates and Instructions becomes available, look for a posting in a public forum.

As we all know best, Rosie does not officially look at the postings on PB Nation and or any other public forum for that matter. However, that is not to say that he is not kept abreast of what is being posted and what the responses are.

Again in closing, my posts are to gauge interest as to the respective productivity of: Open Tryouts, Clinics and Open Practices at this time.

My suggestion to all is if one would like to see this and or something else, to please post with their constructive comments because without them one can rest assured that there will be no forward traction on the aformentioned items.

Last edited by Johnny2wice : 02-15-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 AM #14
Firehouse (Banned)

what is an open practice
Old 02-16-2006, 10:05 AM #15
tekstyle
naptown

when anyone can come and tryout - and usually you have about 100+ people showing up and nothing gets done
its better to have private tryouts which is by invite only

PBN Feedback
Old 02-16-2006, 01:00 PM #16
Johnny2wice

Firstly, thank you for both of your replies.

Directed to FIREHOUSE:

- An open practice, can best be described as: "A scheduled weekend pratice, possibly both a Saturday and/or Sunday, where other teams can bring their lines and spend the day playing against the NYX team". The purpose of this is twofold: one it would allow other teams the unique opportunity to test their players against the NYX guys. Secondly, it would help to regionally grow the upper tiers of the sport.

Directed to TEKSTYLE:

- Yes, one would agree that a private tryout is always the best for both parties. However, one must come to the realization that a private tryout is a final process and not a staring one. That being said, and because of last years experience where a player was given the opportunity of a private tryout and brought others along with them to tryout also, this process will most likely change for the 2006 season. The days of just anyone coming to "Rosies Field" and shooting his paint for free are over, sad to say it's just a hard new fact.

As to the aforementioned items, one must also realize because of the status of the sport leading into this upcoming season that there is a very strong underlying regional component as it relates to open practices and any type of try outs.

So in closing, again there is a call to all to interject their feedback as to what they would like to see.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:47 AM #17
tekstyle
naptown

i think a open tryout for a pro team is crazy - not all of nyx can watch everyone play -
in a private tryout nyx gets to pic the amount of people they think they can handle to watch

PBN Feedback
Old 02-22-2006, 07:32 PM #18
CHRISNYX

CHRISNYX is a Professional paintball player
There will most likely be tryout in the following weeks, but they will NOT be open tryouts, there are a number of people interested in joing the team, and there are a number of people NYX is interested in picking up, If you dont know if you are to be included than you havent spoken to rosie
Old 02-22-2006, 08:10 PM #19
cojack
hornets nest paintball

i was wondering why their arent any open tryouts i understand that it is hard to keep track of everyone but it definately can be done and is done any many other sports you could simply make it limited entry and spread it out over the course of a few days say you have 100 people signin up make it so the tryouts are over a course of 4 days 25 ppl per day having a pre planned schedule of physical/athleticism drills and skill/balla ability drills that would test each playeres abilities this would save so much time also i would sugges including a registration fee that way it would also be beneficial for NYX's time and effort. the reason i spend time discussing how to run these tryouts is because i think open tryouts are incredibly beneficial to the team and other players how would you no if theres not some unknown super baller out there waiting for his/her chance to get noticed you have to have open tryouts to find players, what good would a private tryout do or an invite only im assuming your inviting them b/c you already know their skills and abilities you know there good cuz youve seen them play and if you already no how they play what is the point in having them tryout your might as well just watch clips of those players and pic who you want youd most likely get the same results as a private tryout

Last edited by cojack : 02-22-2006 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:16 AM #20
MBRL

MBRL is a Professional paintball player
are you retarded? are there open tryouts for the giants? or yankees? umm yea... its alot of grief over nothing, because 98% of the kids that would show up prolly wouldnt compete in D3... that is why it is betetr to have a closed tryout with people who have been seen by the team or personal people who contact the captain and show enthusiasm towards the team...watch clips of the players? are you insane? have you ever played paintball and do you understand when you "tryout" youll be playing against other pros doing what would happen in a game against another pro team, not some rookie team.. and NXL teams do not need 700 people rosters, so if they need to pick up maybe 3 players, why look at 100 when they can look at 5 proven players and pick from there...
Old 02-24-2006, 12:20 PM #21
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE
Playoffs??? PLAYOFFS!!??

AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is a Supporting Member
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE plays in the PSP
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
AdReNaLiN jUnKeE is Boss
chris should i contact rosie again? i had talked to him maybe a month ago about a tryout and he said he would contact me.... i havent heard back from him for the date... should i contact again to see whats goin on?