Will you be keeping your old style timi? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Keep your old stlye timi?
Yes 9 52.94%
No 2 11.76%
Probably not, need to see new ones first 1 5.88%
Probably yes, need to see new ones first 5 29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-09-2001, 08:00 AM #1
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

has been a member for 10 years
Will you be keeping your old style timi?

I am just wondering, with all the new timi's coming out, even though it may be a long time, do you plan on keeping yours? IMHO I think mine is just as good as the news ones. Hey its a timi right?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2001, 11:14 AM #2
Paintball Ghost
I am Addicted

Well, if they switch over to a 45 frame then deffinitely no. I just got my timmi in yesterday and I love the grip frame.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:54 PM #3
madcow
Lactose Intolerant

Darnit! I voted no. I meant to vote yes.
The intimidator is a great gun but I will probably get the SOB and 45 frame though. No need to get the new gun.
My Intimidator
Feedback
GZ w/ LCD Clamshell, Dual Regs, VaporWorks Entropy board, 14" Powerlyte Scepter barrel, 45/4500 MacDev Conquest, Powerlyte rail, Halo B
Trauma supporter #101
Old 08-10-2001, 08:25 AM #4
segaboy75

if they do come out with a 45 grip, then i will buy the grip frame by itself and keep my current timi, just replace the frame.
Old 08-12-2001, 10:41 PM #5
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

i agree with segaboy. prolly gonna add new frame and LP housing and SOB board. hopefully they'll come out with matching low rises(crosses fingers)

later

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 08-13-2001, 08:32 PM #6
Cardboad Terrorist

What does the SOB board do? also what EXACTLY is the LP mod, no one so far has given me a clue to what that will do to make my gun so much better.
Old 08-14-2001, 05:07 AM #7
PaintMagnet

The SOB (Semi-Only Board) was made to comply with the NPPL ruling for an OEM semi-only board in 2002 tournaments. But Bob wouldn't take away all of those modes of fire without giving us something back . The SOB is no longer limited to 14bps. It is capable of around 35bps (realistically the gun cycles around 18bps but now it is no longer heald back by the board). The board also has less debounce timming, creating a more responsive trigger. These both add up to a higher rof.
If you want to see what the LP mod is or how to do it, go here http://www.pettypb.com/timilp.html . What it does is lower the input pressure from around 280 (after your hp reg) to under 200 (removed hp reg). Less pressure means that its easier on paint, quieter, and has less kick. The drawback is that less pressure, means more gas consumption. Personally I noticed very little increase in consumption, but I've got a 114/4500 . Hope that helps.
"My girlfriend called me a pedophile today...I said that is an awfully big word for a 12 year old."
Old 08-15-2001, 04:48 PM #8
elTwitcho

I love the way my timmy is now, no problems and I find it balances beatifully. The only thing on the new timmy I'm really even interested in is that the bolt is enclosed, which is a drag because I dont think there will ever be an enclosed bolt body for the intimidator. I just think they look much better, and keep dirt out. Other than that, I'm happy as hell with my marker, and wont be changing it for anything, not even a newer timmy