PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-06-2006, 07:19 PM #1
younggunna6898
AKA

maintenence

what do i have to do to maintain this beast? I dont own one yet. I am coming from and ego that needs almost no maintenence so i want to know what the maintenence is on this. Tell me the truth because your answer isnt guna afect me buying it.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:22 PM #2
NYGuardians capt.

NYGuardians capt. is a Supporting Member
NYGuardians capt. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i'd imagine the same maintenence as a dm or shocker, lube the regs, grease the bolt and pour a little bit of oil in the asa to keep everything running smoothly
Old 02-07-2006, 01:10 AM #3
Maverick_1369
Si. Fly

has been a member for 10 years
Maverick_1369 plays in the APPA D4 division
you dont use any oil whatsoever on this gun. You dont pour any kind of oil in the ASA. Its not a spyder or AKA gun.

You dont use oil on a DM or shocker or timmy or any other high end gun currently popular either.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:21 AM #4
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

Well this will require Medium Maintainece.. but its not like its hard, by far the easiest around....

Simply Open up the Back of the gun with included allen wrench... Pull put the Guide <the peice u are turning Counter clockwise> Take out the bolt with your finger <if its stuck inside> Wipe both down with a Towel or Rag, Apply a Generous amount of dow to everything, making sure to get the orings. Put the Guide back in the bolt, Reinsert and tighten... the whole process should take you less than a minute... less if your rushing more if u crusing..

and liek the ego, just wipe it down with a rag after your done playing , or it gets hit so it dont get Stained..

and jUst relube the Regs / lpr as needed... <probly evey 5-6 cases for best performance...>
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Old 02-07-2006, 08:32 PM #5
younggunna6898
AKA

how often do i lube the bolt
Old 02-07-2006, 08:36 PM #6
NYGuardians capt.

NYGuardians capt. is a Supporting Member
NYGuardians capt. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_1369
you dont use any oil whatsoever on this gun. You dont pour any kind of oil in the ASA. Its not a spyder or AKA gun.

You dont use oil on a DM or shocker or timmy or any other high end gun currently popular either.
i put oil into the asa of all my guns and they work fine, thats what my manual said to do.... or was it the manual for my dads cocker? i dunno but it works so i'm not gonna stop doing it, its supposed to keep the regs lubricated and air ways running smoothly
Old 02-07-2006, 08:58 PM #7
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

about every Case or so...
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Old 02-07-2006, 09:28 PM #8
Maverick_1369
Si. Fly

has been a member for 10 years
Maverick_1369 plays in the APPA D4 division
yes, some regs use oil, like the Sidewinder, but a lot do not, they need grease, like Dow33 or 55, Slick Honey, etc.

I can almost guarantee the manual does not say to use oil

It may work fine, but it may be doin more harm than good for 1, or not helping at all 2.