PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-10-2001, 02:59 PM #22
Paulo

has been a member for 10 years
Re: Inaccuracy sucks worse than a matrix...

Quote:
Originally posted by krazi_ivan

I've performed extensive testing on barrels..... I'm testing a new barrel this weekend if it gets here today..... I'll let you know how it shoots against the Dye if you like. I've done a lot of research in this area ....

I would like it very much if you posted your findings here. I don't want people to think this is a matrix bashing thread. This thread was started to help people understand how to best setup a matrix for 'their' game. A front player is easily accomidated since he only carries around 4 pods and a 68/45 tank into any format. The lardy back guys need to have the economy family size tanks for any format. This is a hard marker to practice with if you're paying for 3k fills. I'm picking up a scuba rig for myself.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2001, 03:16 PM #23
Venom
We Are Venom

Personaly

I like taking 3 140 pods in with me. I find that a 3 pod pack makes it much easyer to move and i dont really shot a huge amount of paint thats 620 paintballs i take in at a i never shoot that many though.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:25 PM #24
Paulo

How much air do you carry? What barrel you shoot? Have you shot your tank dry and about how much paint did you shoot before you couldn't break paint on a player? This is the type of info I'd like to see posted. It wouldn't be such a big deal if there was a consistant answer between the masses. My original result was instantly misproven when people reply that they have 25%+ more efficiency!
Old 08-10-2001, 03:37 PM #25
ES13Raven
Miso Horny

ES13Raven is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusZ
i'm just restating what everyone else says, depending on the pressure and gun design, different lengths of controll bore are needed. in a 14 inch cp, there is 14 inches of controll bore. in a 14 inch boomer, there is like 7 inches of controll bore. i dono, maybe your 1 piece barrel is inefficient because its not well matched to the paint, making it as inefficient as a step bore. then again, maybe i'm wrong.
Well......it just isn't true. You would see a difference at the chrono.....a higher velocity would mean greater efficiency, all else being equal.

The paint was matched very well to both barrels using the blow test. The barrels were both equal in every way except one is a 2-piece & the other is a 1-piece. I was using a radar chrono & HPA. There was no difference in velocity, so that theory doesn't hold water. There just isn't a difference you can notice. With the Matrix being so finickey about efficiency, you would notice something like that in our gun before another type of gun. There is a great article about barrels, range & accuracy here: http://www.paintcheck.com/articles/protips/range.html
"Wipers deserve to be overshot"
Old 08-10-2001, 04:07 PM #26
Venom
We Are Venom

Lightbulb well. . . .

Once the PSI in your tank is under 500 psi, Your gonna start noticing major drop off very soon.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:12 PM #27
GIBB
Life is Good!!!

Sorry Bro...I am just screwing around...not angry!!

GIBB
Old 08-11-2001, 03:42 PM #28
jsharon1

Strange i don't see any dorp off untill my tank is under 200 or so psi... On my old max flow 68/3000 i was getting a hopper and 3 pods. I could shoot off a few balls in the 4th but it was basicly tapped out after a hopper and 3 pods on my 12" freak barrel. thats around 625-650 shots off a 68/3000 the only mods i was running was the trinity and well that was it.
Out Jay
Matrix LE #288
Freak deluxe 12" cocker, conquest 68/4500, Warp Feed , Red Bolt Kit, Angel grips, Turbo revvie, doser low rise, trinity mod, super slick o-ring kit, synergy asa, Switch trigger, gladiator reg, Shocktech Drop.
Old 08-11-2001, 05:40 PM #29
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

I've noticed that if I just shoot balls out, then my efficiency goes down the toilet, but if I shoot in a more realistic fashon I get about 850-900 good shots. These findings are with a Dye 10"SS, small bore, 68/4500,w/sleeve, I've never tested to see how many shots I could get with a full 4500 fill. In practice, with a 2600 fill, I was able to shoot my hopper and two pods before I noticed that the balls weren't breaking.
Old 08-12-2001, 12:48 PM #30
krazi_ivan
C'mon, chase the Ivan...

krazi_ivan is a Supporting Member
barrel test

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulo

I would like it very much if you posted your findings here. I don't want people to think this is a matrix bashing thread.
I'll be happy to post my results. The barrel got shipped late so I won't have it until probably tuesday. After I get it and run some paint through it I'll let you know.
The madness continues...

http://www.gotballz.net
Team FireBallz
Old 08-13-2001, 12:25 AM #31
Paulo

Sorry guys we played some hard ball this weekend, I didn't get a result from the same marker/setup. I'll get that asap, sorry.