Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-10-2001, 06:50 PM #22
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
holey hell, 75!? what were they charging per case and what paint was it? i had no idea it was that much money.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2001, 07:37 PM #23
Space Monkey

it was $90 a case for Zap. It shot fine for me...I don't know about others.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:49 PM #24
jabevis

Speaking of Bad reffs a couple of tourneys ago ( S.A. three man LoneStar) and i was play the right tape anywho i had some killer splatter and might of got hit Well the reff who was on me (about 15-25 feet away) looks at me and i was trying to be honest so i told him i had alot of splatter and might of got hit he looks at me for about 5 seconds and says nothing so i continue playing i take about 30 more shots and he slowly walks over pulls my band and says, and i quote, "oh yea by the way your gone..." i was like WTF!!! it was bogus and gets worse he then deducted eighty points which held us back from semi finals but thats cool i no longer do business with his employer, yea you know how you are, nothing against the field it rocks bad refs are inevativle.
Old 08-10-2001, 09:56 PM #25
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
thats a long sentence
Old 08-10-2001, 10:23 PM #26
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

Three questions; What team do you play for?, Was it the first or second event at Lonestar(the best field in town)?, and Which field was it on?
It couldn't have been me, the most I've ever deducted was 60 points, for not one, but two distinct playing on with an obvious hit. One was lit up all on the gun and mask(lower portion), the other was toward the end of the game, when the player was shot on the front of the hands and continued to shoot at a higher rate of fire. May I also remind everyone, that paintball is a game of honor, the player is responsible for calling themselves out. Refs are only there to prevent cheating. It is also true that refs make bad calls, they are only human like you and me. Instead of criticizing the refs, try reffing a tourney yourself, see how many people b*tch and complain.
Old 08-11-2001, 12:13 AM #27
jabevis

Hi Biggy :-)

Quote:
What team do you play for?,
You will see at T.I.T.S.

Quote:
Was it the first or second event at Lonestar
it was the event right after krossfire's event(i am not shure if it was the first or second).

Quote:
(the best field in town)?,
Yeah they are good.

Quote:
Which field was it on?
Tires

Quote:
It couldn't have been me, the most I've ever deducted was 60 points, for not one, but two distinct playing on with an obvious hit. One was lit up all on the gun and mask(lower portion),
Yeah it was you, it think you are right on the 60 points my bad, and yes it was 2 people. oh and you are wrong it was splatter, none the less you didn't check me or pull my band even when i had told you i had killer splater, you just looked at me (bout 15 feet away and did nothing else, until i took about 30 more shots (around a minute later) then you casually walk over and said, "oh yea by the way your gone." man that was wrong on your part you can't deny that.

Quote:
the other was toward the end of the game, when the player was shot on the front of the hands and continued to shoot at a higher rate of fire.
it wasn't me, and i was walking towards the dead box so i am not going to argue that play/call.

Quote:
May I also remind everyone, that paintball is a game of honor, the player is responsible for calling themselves out. Refs are only there to prevent cheating.
True

Quote:
Instead of criticizing the refs, try reffing a tourney yourself, see how many people b*tch and complain.
Put a little more effort in and do a better job, and i think you will find far less complaints.

see ya at T.I.T.S. (are you going to be playing, also tell me more about the ultimate volumeizer, I've heard good things.)

peace
Old 08-11-2001, 12:36 PM #28
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

It was the first event at Lonestar(the best field in town), you were hit on the gun, I cannot argue that you weren't getting hella spray. You were hit on the gun, all over the gun(i.e. sight rail, all the pnuematics, on the side). I did motion that you were eliminated, it is true that I was not running to pull your arm band. It is also true that I was alot too strict on the rules, and frankly, from my point of view, it looked like you saw the hits and then kept playing. I'm also human, and must say that I was too strict, and made a few bad calls, my bad.
On a lighter note, what team are you playing for in tits? The ultimate volumizer comes with fittings, three hoses your colour choice. see ya