Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-08-2001, 09:55 PM #1
Velocity
m4+r1x

has been a member for 10 years
Zap Stunk.

Yeah, so, Zap kind of Blew.

After our 17 hour ride to Zap, My team and I were ready to play. First we hit the trade show. Which was amazing. I had a hard time saving enough coin for paint the next day so much to buy, in such a little tent... very cool. I bought about $500 worth of stuff. Was cool to be able to talk to all the people there, like Rocky, Tom kay, ect...

We didn't go for the trade show though, we came to play.

It only takes a few people to royaly **** up a tourny. If they're in
the right position, all it takes it a call. And thats exactly what
happened. The refferees were the worst part of the IAO.

Heres a few of the calls made on my team in the first 3 rounds...

(Keep in mind, this is 3 man, when 1 is gone, the other team just
roles on you)

1 - Center man called for Abandoning equipment when his hopper fell off (the neck had actually broken off), and the team directly before us had had the samething happen without the call. And his hopper was in perfect condition.

2 - My left tape was called for playing on with an obvious hit. Sure i could understand that, if it wasn't a "DOWN THE BARREL SHOT" good god you couldn't tell if it was a barrel break or a gun shot...

3 - Another good one - they called my center man out, then back in, then out, then told him to stand there... meaning hold the flag. He did so, then they called him back in. BUT since his hand was up they called him out.

Funny thing is. After the first few games, after it was impossible for us to advance, they stopped ****ing with us, and we maxed em. They ****ed with our points, not including all of them sometimes (i never knew 3 man was SO HARD to keep the points of). As a player, there isn't much i can do besides ***** and moan. Which i didn't do at the tourny.

ANYWAY. To all the "NPPL" reffs who didn't think an Amature Tourny was important enough to take seriously - We're the next Generation of players. Show some respect.

Velocity63@hotmail.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2001, 10:44 PM #2
DuMb-KiD-dReW
ACPP Forever

DuMb-KiD-dReW is a founding member
Damn man that really suxs sorry to hear that.

DKD
Old 08-08-2001, 11:13 PM #3
Brandos_Matrix

Damn...velocity I hear your pain man. God, I really ****ing hate it when the reffs are too busy picking their balls. Yer good for staying calm. I know at least one ref and my matrix would have never survived a tourny like that Heck it almost bit the bullet in Niagra....Anyway, it really sucks that a potential team was shut down at a huge tournament because of a few peoples stupidity. I really hope some of those "too good to care" refs are reading this because it's about time that they realize that their laziness causes a lot of frustration. And that next time someones going home without their teeth and it won't be me!
Old 08-09-2001, 09:10 AM #4
Velocity
m4+r1x

Smile lol...

Thanks for the advice bro. Its true man, if you don't want to be there, then don't be. They were too busy picking up paintballs and throwing them at each other to make any calls (total truth).

Anyway, whatever, i'm still glad i went. Seeing one of the Stuff Girl's Nipple made it all worth it... hehe.

Velocity63@hotmail.com
Old 08-09-2001, 12:50 PM #5
Shorty

courtesy of IPR...

I present to you the Zap IAO "bad ref" icons:

Old 08-09-2001, 06:03 PM #6
Disgruntled_Postman

Angry refs....

I play on velocitys team, i was the one with the barrel shot... those icons are 2 guys from team bad dream, i dont think they reffed us but im sure they have the ability to suck as much *** as the other refs...the refs definatly did not want to be at this tourunment, everyone loves a ref that is on your *** as soon as your hit , telling you to get the **** off the feild, ripping you out of your bunker,

these refs would walk over to you, give you a tap on the should and say, "hey man... thats a hit....".

OH REALLY I DIDNT ****ING KNOW THAT!!!!!WELL THANKS FOR HELPING ME OUT ON THAT ONE!!! I mean come on at least pretend you want to be there, does it not bother these guys
to have crowds of people and players up to ying yang mad at them?? I know i couldnt stand having that many people upset at me... listen all im asking is for one thing....

The refs should CONTROL the game...not wacth from a distance...
Old 08-09-2001, 06:15 PM #7
mrobnoxious
Awaiting Email Confirmation

If you have a beef with either one of those ref's specifically, then state your beef, or delete the pictures
Excalibur #21
Old 08-09-2001, 06:43 PM #8
loginnut

Well I'm sorry you guys feel you were cheated and on some points I agree especially number 3 their should be none of this in out crap. Either he's out, in, or neutral (Did they call him neutral).

2 well unless the ref saw him flinch and saw that the player ignored it and continued to play sorry but he's out. 1 for 1 tend to be a gray area, did he know he was struck which makes it the responsibility to referee to call it as they see it. Where they shooting different paint then you.

1 Disagree just because someone else didn't get called on it doesn't mean you won't. On this one Blame Brass Eagle cheap pieces of crap. Well it seems after all this got you guys fired up so good for you. I really think they need to administer an IQ test to some refs such as situations, some don't have any idea anything. I really hope for a standard Rule book to be used soon
Old 08-09-2001, 07:22 PM #9
scpaintball

Dont get pissed with refs in general, cuz not all refs are bad refs.
Old 08-09-2001, 07:31 PM #10
Velocity
m4+r1x

I'm not saying all the reffing sucked. Infact on Tenman, the refs were doing a pretty sweet job! However, 3man could have been judged by todlers.

~ Loginnut ~ 3 - Trust me bro, if a hopper is knocked off without the player purposly doing so, your still aloud to play on.

Still... the dye girls made up for it.

Velocity63@hotmail.com
Old 08-09-2001, 07:45 PM #11
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
i gotta say, this kind of thing really pisses me off. i have reffed alot in my time playing, and i honestly enjoy it. while 12 hours a day is a different story, i think these people should be able to pull it together for a few days. i think the reffing in tournaments is going downhill in general, as i read this type of thing online or in magazines after many tournies. i'd personaly like to see either a professional class of refs, requiring certification who do tournies, or maybe a "best sportsmanship" type prize for the best few refs.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:23 PM #12
loginnut

People do want to see professional reffing, however paying for it is another.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:40 PM #13
Velocity
m4+r1x

agreed...

Pro refs would be bomb. Your gonna dish it out for good services. I'm surprised we havn't seen any .orgs about it.

well said loginnut.

Velocity63@hotmail.com
Old 08-09-2001, 10:51 PM #14
biggy
Bonus ball that is...

If a player leaves any personal equipment more than five feet from his/hers present position, that player is eliminated. Excluding extra pods of course, it does not matter if the player is aware of the violation or not.
Old 08-09-2001, 11:48 PM #15
GhettoVampyre

duh ^ don't be an idiot. Getting called out for your hopper neck breaking off is lame, and an example of terrible reffing.

Silver 2.1 2k2 dark angel lcd - pred on the way
68 ci 4500 hyperflow 201
"Ignorance is not an excuse"
"I Hate Stupid F**king People"
My Feedback
Old 08-10-2001, 01:32 AM #16
loginnut

People scream at the refs when they don't follow the rules in this case if Biggy is correct they followed it to the letter. Ghetto how is following the rules to the letter stink. I am understanding of Velocity so much pressure placed on so few games I want everything judged perfectly as well. Actually so the ref apparently did know some of the rules or at least knew one of them.

Ghetto what would you rather have a bunch of judges making independent decisions with disregard to the rules on personal opinion as what is a move is illegal or requiring removal of players. Or judging following the rules that are available to your reading and questioning at the captains meeting.
Old 08-10-2001, 11:54 AM #17
ELiAs
Some Like it Rough

Yeah one of the guys on J2 (manager of Pev's Sterling) was telling me and team that the reffing sucked too. Sorry to hear that.

*Looking for Red Sculpted High-rise and site rail
Old 08-10-2001, 12:04 PM #18
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
at a tournament of this size, 50 bucks more per team entry (5 man) should be enough to pay real refs. i'd pay an extra 10 bucks for real refs, would you?
Old 08-10-2001, 01:25 PM #19
loginnut

People won't pay for it simply they want cheapest play with the best reffing. One of these have to go and which one do you think is going to be the one. I can't see much happening in the future except a couple changes with standard safety guidelines in regard to referees, also First Aid isn't a bad thing to have when reffing. Though I hate when refs get tired as the day goes on its one of the worst jobs considering pay, hours, and headaches from teams. Simply at the end of the day judges are tired and I feel for them because its a job which your always blamed for cheating, wiping off hits, favoritism, and other crap that never took place. So when I see a ref try to laydown for a minute or two after many hours of hell I tend to see it differently then he's being lazy. However I think come morning they better be up and awake I don't care what. If they celebrated the night before a little to much, I don't respect this at all and I'll talk to the ultimate about it. Because that ref whoever he or she is going to being affected all day and may miss things because they had to much fun the night before. So to judges come to work ready or not at all.
Old 08-10-2001, 03:43 PM #20
Bredman

Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusZ
at a tournament of this size, 50 bucks more per team entry (5 man) should be enough to pay real refs. i'd pay an extra 10 bucks for real refs, would you?
At a tourney this size, where they are making $75 PROFIT per case of paint sold, on top of the high entry fee, plus all the money they get from the vendors, they should be able to get real refs WITHOUT raising the entry fee. They were trying to cut corners by giving people a case of paint per day reffed. After all that, Deb(event promoter) still manages to stay on her high horse and claim "its all for the players." IMO she should take a whiff of what she's shoveling.

My feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=538444
Old 08-10-2001, 03:45 PM #21
Space Monkey

reffing sucked on the 2 fields I played on in 10 man too. I heard them all telling stories of how drunk they werre the night before. 1 ref told a player to "STOP ****ING SHOOTIN ME", 1 was lying down on the ground passed out/hungover, the chrono ref let some guy he knew go on and come off the field with a hot gun...the list goes on.

oh, and to hell with the Dye girls, its the Raven girls.