PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-03-2006, 03:22 PM #1
Paintbawler1

How to finance an indoor field?

So I have a great idea for an indoor paintball field, and I'm currently working on the business plan to see if my idea could ever be a sucess as a business, and I've hit my first problem. By my rough calculatoins thus far, it will take somewhere between 400,000 - 500,000 dollars to start this business (this includes the building of a structure to house the fields). The reserach I've done on the internet tells me that even with an SBA loan I would still need 10-20% of equity to get a loan for the remaing capital. Well unfortunely it would be hard for me, and I'm sure anyone else, to get that kind of money. What I'm asking for is advice from field owners on who you came up with enough capital to start your fields. Did you just borrow from friends and family or maybe issue some common stocks? Did you go risky and use the equity on your house? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2006, 03:40 PM #2
rcxpaintball (Banned)

I know of a few places that do a 1 million [minimum] field loan but those are based off of your credit score and a few factors on your credit history.

Thats about the only place I know of other then the usual financial [rip off] places and banks that offer loans.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:29 PM #3
Paintbawler1

Please PM me with any info- Thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 05:26 PM #4
drumnbassej1

has been a member for 10 years
There are a few companies we deal with that will finance. I honestly don't know anything about it other than who does it.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:15 AM #5
soupmaker

400-500k is not to bad.
We did some estimates on an old soccer house in my area. And we had the figures around 1.9 million to run that palce for one year. (just field no retail side)
We were going to use the land its self as part of the colateral.(sp?) The others moneys were to come from multiple smaller loans.(Family,friends,and even a few dedicated players who wanted to make a little investment.)

This project is just a little out of reach for us. This last few months our retail store is not moving products as fast, so the cash flow is at a trickle.

I Like Lego's !!!!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 10:29 AM #6
Minnesota111

has been a member for 10 years
Consider talking to Evan Money. He does paintball financing.