PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-05-2002, 11:09 PM #1
Elwood

has been a member for 10 years
Opinions on the Z body?

Give me your opinions on the galactic Z body. is the increase of range that great?

wanna hear my poem? its called 5 million. 1..2...3...456....7...8.....9,10.....11...12...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2002, 10:35 AM #2
Smitty2k1
Mag-In-The-House

IMO, just stick with the AGD bodies or a micromag... the z body might help, but I have head of lots of people having problems with them.

Also if you get the z body you pretty much have to get the z barrel by lapco (but wait, lapco is *****ING good, nvm)
Old 10-08-2002, 11:51 AM #3
Miscue

Z-Body = crap.

Automags Online
Old 10-08-2002, 05:24 PM #4
TequilaMockingbird
Dealin' Welts Since '90

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty2k1
lapco is *****ING good

Can we make that statement a sticky?
Old 10-09-2002, 12:03 PM #5
ReTro Boy
Team Super Smurfs

Hey Elwood, you like Trigger Happy TV???

Check my Feedback.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:24 PM #6
Damage
Streetluge & Gravity God

Quote:
Originally posted by Miscue
Z-Body = crap.
JJ just got done rebuilding mine with a ReTro and it works perfectly. Only problem was not being able to get level 10 to fit properly but it is just a minor fit issue that will be solved with a light honing of the chamber.
They work fine and offer an alternative in looks. I usualy agree with Miscue but not in this case. But hey we all have our own personal preferances.
Chrome Z bodied-ReTro-Lvl.10 Automag,'99 'Cocker,L.P.Electro Shutter,L.P.Millenium,Compact,Aggressor,Black Dragun, 91'Poison,88'Nightmare Long,Pro-Lite, Sidekick, Winchester, + a Few more. Some are good, Some are Great, Some are POS, but all are fun. They all have Mods and/or Accessories of one kind or another.
Old 10-13-2002, 04:45 PM #7
Miscue

Sorry I just said zbody = crap w/o any explanation... (I've done it SO many times I just don't bother anymore.) But here goes: Tolerances and machining-wise... Z-Body's are not quality... made cheaply... but hey, if yours fits fine... good for you.
But my main issue is the idea of a backspin system... which is what the Z-Body is for.

One of my blurbs on backspin systems:

Quote:
Growl! Hiss! Snarl!

Spin is the 'exception'.

However... it's difficult to keep spin consistent, considering we're talking about gelatin balls here.

Inconsistent spin equates to inconsistent range.
And... inconsistent spin also has the negative side effect of inconsistent velocity. Reason being... conservation of energy. A finite amount of energy is used in firing the ball (since you chrono your gun and it shoots roughly same amount of air each time). That finite amount of energy goes towards the ball's horizontal velocity, and/or its spin.

Total Energy to shoot ball = Energy of velocity + Energy of spin (which varies).

Basically... more spin = less velocity... and vice versa.

The negative side effects of a backspin system result in lessened accuracy. Positives: Some range advantage, flatter trajectory.

The whole purpose for greater range is to be able to hit people easier. A less accurate gun makes it harder to hit people, defeats the purpose don't it? A backspin system basically gives you a chance to miss people you couldn't hit in the first place... and miss people from closer ranges you would have hit without the backspin system.

Automags Online

Last edited by Miscue : 10-13-2002 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:22 PM #8
Damage
Streetluge & Gravity God

Thats why I run it with the spin off for the most part (Its fun for long distance climbing ball party tricks mostly). When its off (It takes a new rubber, old ones swell) its just a 'cocker threaded body with no prtrusion into the main body. I have seen some tolerance issues with the bodies (Ive had 3 go through my hands), and it was a definate letdown when I found that LX would not fit. But hell it was fun to make something work that was not supposed to. Its not something I would recommend for the first time builder. As I have put alot of trial and error into this one to get a decent package.
Chrome Z bodied-ReTro-Lvl.10 Automag,'99 'Cocker,L.P.Electro Shutter,L.P.Millenium,Compact,Aggressor,Black Dragun, 91'Poison,88'Nightmare Long,Pro-Lite, Sidekick, Winchester, + a Few more. Some are good, Some are Great, Some are POS, but all are fun. They all have Mods and/or Accessories of one kind or another.

Last edited by Damage : 10-13-2002 at 08:10 PM.