Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-27-2006, 09:12 PM #1
YimSta007 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
lpr question?

Hey All
I accidentally took out the lpr cap to fast and the parts fell out so i dont know the order.

Is it Disc, Spring, and then the poppet (or whatever its called).

Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2006, 09:19 PM #2
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by YimSta007
Hey All
I accidentally took out the lpr cap to fast and the parts fell out so i dont know the order.

Is it Disc, Spring, and then the poppet (or whatever its called).

Thanks!
lol
the washer (disk) is pressed by the screw so that would go in first, then comes the spring that the washer presses on, which presses on the whatever-its-called that goes last (ran out to my other room and took apart my lpr for ya because i wasnt sure off the top of my head lol)

[EDIT] I bet you my halo is faster than the halo in your sig...

Last edited by aceofspades05 : 01-27-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:03 PM #3
YimSta007 (Banned)

haha thanks man. You da bomb!

Are you the one thats getting like 1500 off a 45/45? If so what are your settings? Right now my dwell is at 8 (stock) and my lpr is basically flush (around 80 psi). Cause im just dry firing and it seems like its using up a lot of air. My HPR is set at about 3 turns in.

Anyways, I LOVE THE QUEST! EVERYONE SHOULD GET ONE!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:15 PM #4
aceofspades05

dude its a 45/5k, evil scion, ive also got a vert cp... i dont have a guage on mine being as mine was before alot of everyone elses (got mine from cup (they didnt have gauges)). the extra 500psi in the tank makes a difference. Use your vert reg to get your pressure about right and use the LPR to fine tune it down to the velocity you want to be shooting, keep your bolt well lubed (i lube mine every 1k shots) and youll do good. Btw they wher 140 round pods and that x 9 is like 1200 something not 1500 which is also a big difference. Not sure how many turns in my hpr or lpr are anymore, i got my shocker tuned properly about a week after getting it a WHILE ago lol and havnt touched it since, havnt needed to. my velicoty stays 290 +-1 all the time so i have no idea. Ill be taking apart my quest to send the parts out to different places (aplus anodizing among others) for some ano/maybe mill/laser graphics/and some 24k gold plating maybe so ill have to put it all back together and ill get my complete settings list with the specs then. This weekend im taking off the evil tank (its way to small) and ill be using a micro maxflo on a 68/45 bottle with the stock reg (cp is back on my dark shocker) so ill see how much of a difference the switch makes (the cp was nice but what I really liked was the evil tank, it was really consistant, almost as nice as my 05 maxflo on the 68/45 throttle bottle). Ill have vids up in the video thread in this forum monday at the latest. Possibly a short one tomorrow of the delmarva tournament I did a couple weeks ago).

Ill also have a video of my halo, you can tell me who's you think is faster (a few mods here and there... even a different motor )
Old 01-27-2006, 11:26 PM #5
Snate
MU

Snate is a Supporting Member
Don't get laser engraving in it. That is seriously lame, man.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:37 PM #6
YimSta007 (Banned)

hey all.
just got downstairs and shot some. VERY NICE. I LOVE THE TRIGGER
however i had some MAD problems with bounce. Can anyone give me there settings for Debounce and AMB? I was on stock and it went like full auto lol.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:27 AM #7
aceofspades05

Quote:
hey all.
just got downstairs and shot some. VERY NICE. I LOVE THE TRIGGER
however i had some MAD problems with bounce. Can anyone give me there settings for Debounce and AMB? I was on stock and it went like full auto lol.
lol seems like all our quests do that at first lol
Old 01-28-2006, 12:33 AM #8
YimSta007 (Banned)

lol. I noticed a problem with the gun though. The trigger has to much side to side play. So if you have the magnet pretty long out. And you move the trigger all the way to the left or right the screw will not make it into the magnet slot and sortens the length of the trigger giving you a different pull.

Yea my explaination isnt that clear lol.

Yo ace what are your debounce and Amb settings? Any suggestions will help me a lot.

Thanks!
Got practice tomorrow and gonna use the quest. Hopefully i can get rid of bounce before i run out of gas lol.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:33 AM #9
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snate
Don't get laser engraving in it. That is seriously lame, man.
im still unsure as to what im going to do to it but if there is any laser engraving it will be a simple small team logo towards the back somewhere, nothing extensive, now i HAVE seen some decent laser engravings done, but not to many

that is pretty nice, but being as my quest isnt an abomb i wouldnt do that to a quest, still not sure as to what im going to have done but i want it to be unique...
Old 01-28-2006, 12:34 AM #10
aceofspades05

Quote:
lol. I noticed a problem with the gun though. The trigger has to much side to side play. So if you have the magnet pretty long out. And you move the trigger all the way to the left or right the screw will not make it into the magnet slot and sortens the length of the trigger giving you a different pull.

Yea my explaination isnt that clear lol.

Yo ace what are your debounce and Amb settings? Any suggestions will help me a lot.

Thanks!
Got practice tomorrow and gonna use the quest. Hopefully i can get rid of bounce before i run out of gas lol.
dude make you a deal, tell me the color of the settings and ill tell you my number so i dont have to bust out the manual, its 12:33am here so im a weeee bit lazy, but give me the colors and ill go check it for you

bouncing is fun but teammates dont appreciate it when you do it to THEM, lol
Old 01-28-2006, 12:43 AM #11
YimSta007 (Banned)

white (2nd color) and blue (3rd color) please
Old 01-28-2006, 12:43 AM #12
aceofspades05

for me its
White: 4
Blue: 48
I shoot about 16-17bps semi and play in 15bps capped tournaments so those settings work great for me, no bounce and ive never adjusted the trigger

Last edited by aceofspades05 : 01-28-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:46 AM #13
aceofspades05

if anyone else wants my settings post up the led color and ill give you my current numbers
Old 01-28-2006, 12:52 AM #14
aceofspades05

if your quest still bounces try raising the blue up some
Old 01-31-2006, 07:28 PM #15
dyematrixgunna
• • •

dyematrixgunna is a Supporting Member
green, red, teal
Old 01-31-2006, 07:36 PM #16
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyematrixgunna
green, red, teal
ill tune your quest for at the field sunday lil bro
Old 01-31-2006, 08:02 PM #17
fastgun4hire
Taiwanese Prostitute

yo chris its the quest guy (sam) from oa, ill be there with daniel this weekend probably, would you mind tuning my lpr?
Old 01-31-2006, 08:13 PM #18
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgun4hire
yo chris its the quest guy (sam) from oa, ill be there with daniel this weekend probably, would you mind tuning my lpr?
well if you got a new guage since you BLEW yours! i will, just catch me in my down time inbetween running drills
Old 01-31-2006, 09:03 PM #19
younggunna6898
AKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofspades05
dude its a 45/5k, evil scion, ive also got a vert cp... i dont have a guage on mine being as mine was before alot of everyone elses (got mine from cup (they didnt have gauges)). the extra 500psi in the tank makes a difference. Use your vert reg to get your pressure about right and use the LPR to fine tune it down to the velocity you want to be , keep your bolt well lubed (i lube mine every 1k shots) and youll do good. Btw they wher 140 round pods and that x 9 is like 1200 something not 1500 which is also a big difference. Not sure how many turns in my hpr or lpr are anymore, i got my shocker tuned properly about a week after getting it a WHILE ago lol and havnt touched it since, havnt needed to. my velicoty stays 290 +-1 all the time so i have no idea. Ill be taking apart my quest to send the parts out to different places (aplus anodizing among others) for some ano/maybe mill/laser graphics/and some 24k gold plating maybe so ill have to put it all back together and ill get my complete settings list with the specs then. This weekend im taking off the evil tank (its way to small) and ill be using a micro maxflo on a 68/45 bottle with the stock reg (cp is back on my dark shocker) so ill see how much of a difference the switch makes (the cp was nice but what I really liked was the evil tank, it was really consistant, almost as nice as my 05 maxflo on the 68/45 throttle bottle). Ill have vids up in the video thread in this forum monday at the latest. Possibly a short one tomorrow of the delmarva tournament I did a couple weeks ago).

Ill also have a video of my halo, you can tell me who's you think is faster (a few mods here and there... even a different motor )
with my ego I adjust my velocity through my hpr, not my lpr. why do you use your lpr?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 PM #20
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggunna6898
with my ego I adjust my velocity through my hpr, not my lpr. why do you use your lpr?
your ego would be more efficient if you learned how to use a lpr and the hpr in sync with each other and the gun... you can use the lpr to result in lower bolt pressure and in turn lower kick and raise efficiency

[EDIT] Egos/Timmys/Quests and other guns have LPRs for a reason ya know... that MIGHT be a reason to use it...

Last edited by aceofspades05 : 01-31-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:41 PM #21
J Yim (Banned)

Wait doesnt lowering the pressure decrease efficiency.

And dont you use the lpr to adjust the movement of the bolt not the FPS. I read this in the Dye forum.