PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-01-2006, 01:33 PM #22
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

you Can Gimme your Settings Ace, .. I personally like bounce when i hit around 12-13 ..
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Old 02-01-2006, 01:44 PM #23
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physcojosh
i dunno but Ace convinced me anyway and mine will be IN today! ... cant.. wait...*Twitch
lol dude your going to love it, and if you dont just send it to me
Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM #24
J Yim (Banned)
Only God Will Judge Me

Hey Ace. Can you just post all your settings here on this thread?

Thanks man!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:00 PM #25
aceofspades05

bah im lazy lol, ill post them up in a hour or so, but my dwell/hpr/lpr settings WILL most likely be different than anyone without the same setup as me (im not using the same tank as you most likely) so they might not be of much help to you but ill post it anyway...
i do NOT take any responsibility for you being a ****ing idiot and screwing up your gun.... simple as that, ive got lawyers lol
Old 02-01-2006, 02:11 PM #26
aceofspades05

click on the tech guide link in my sig, my settings will be up later tonight
Old 02-01-2006, 02:17 PM #27
NYGuardians capt.

NYGuardians capt. is a Supporting Member
NYGuardians capt. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yeah i was wondering about the quest... from what i read its a pretty standard spool-valve except its boards kinda messed up, when will someone come out with a new board for one and i would think it kicks like a shocker, does it? i read your review aceofspades05 but i'm not sure if i believe it or not... no kick? even trixes and timmys with 20psi thourgh the lpr has kick..... and as for bounce, doesn't it come with a magnet? and don't technas fit it? anyway i was wondering about them they look pretty hot, and i'd bet a nice amount of money on stock quest>stock vision shocker.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:22 PM #28
dyematrixgunna
• • •

dyematrixgunna is a Supporting Member
virtue is coming out with one next month next month... chris (aceofspades05) should i do team practice sunday and roll with you guys? would you mind? i hate the stupid walk ons...
Old 02-01-2006, 04:03 PM #29
DoverOwnsU

DoverOwnsU is a Supporting Member
Was board in a month too!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:05 PM #30
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyematrixgunna
virtue is coming out with one next month next month... chris (aceofspades05) should i do team practice sunday and roll with you guys? would you mind? i hate the stupid walk ons...
ill get you in, be prepared to be playing rather hard this sunday though and we are scrim'n preds most likely, maybe UMD have to see about that one when we get there if they are up to the challenge
Old 02-01-2006, 04:06 PM #31
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoverOwnsU
Was board in a month too!!!!!!!!!!!!
virtue is WAY better than was....
Old 02-01-2006, 04:34 PM #32
NYGuardians capt.

ace i was looking in ur sig and saw that the quest board takes a chip, is it the same chip as the dm4/5 boards take? if so i'd much rather have an m5 chip than a whole new board
Old 02-01-2006, 04:40 PM #33
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGuardians capt.
ace i was looking in ur sig and saw that the quest board takes a chip, is it the same chip as the dm4/5 boards take? if so i'd much rather have an m5 chip than a whole new board
it takes the same chips but the dm chip is programmed differently so the timing is off, virtue has a chip made and will release it soon and then was is comming out witha board
Old 02-01-2006, 04:50 PM #34
NYGuardians capt.

aaahhh how so? is the way to fix that if i were to mess with the settings alot? i really don't want to spend the time re-learning how to program a chip when i already know how to use tadao chips (i have m5 in both my guns) also i probably won't use the psp mode but i like capping my gun at 15bps, is psp the only mode that has issues? i really want a quest now, i was planning to get a similar gun custom-made for me but now ones out so i don't have to worry.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:08 PM #35
live2dyeC4
SI

pros-
basically zero kick
insanely fast
insanely light
*ive shot one last sunday at my local field, so awesome*

cons-
cant really think of any.. just a great gun from an amazing group of people

Last edited by live2dyeC4 : 02-01-2006 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 PM #36
NYGuardians capt.

alright but one last question, and this seems to be a big quest problem, is bounce, i hear it is insanely bad and that you might as well call yourself out on the spot. i play in tournies that don't tolerate bounce and i am seriously considering getting a quest but is there a proven method to stop the gun from bouncing, i hear even with maxed debounce it still bounces. O and can i cap the quest in standard semi? i play front alot and its not worth it for me to shoot more than 15bps. otherwise i'll just wait for the new boards to come and watch my fingers in the mean time but i am seriously looking into buying one of these
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 PM #37
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

I Owned a Virtue for my timmy, and it Programs EXACTLY like the Quest board. *from what i can tell* the only messed part about the board is the PsP Ramping... *pretty sure* if you dont use the ramping it wont affect you.

I JUST got mine in today..its Very light, VERY small and Compact.. looks Awesome. The bolt will take you under 45 secs to remove,lube,replace.
Trigger feels Great!.. i just cant wait to Air this up and Rip with it!
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Old 02-02-2006, 01:12 AM #38
haser
FEP Production Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGuardians capt.
alright but one last question, and this seems to be a big quest problem, is bounce, i hear it is insanely bad and that you might as well call yourself out on the spot. i play in tournies that don't tolerate bounce and i am seriously considering getting a quest but is there a proven method to stop the gun from bouncing, i hear even with maxed debounce it still bounces. O and can i cap the quest in standard semi? i play front alot and its not worth it for me to shoot more than 15bps. otherwise i'll just wait for the new boards to come and watch my fingers in the mean time but i am seriously looking into buying one of these
Most if not all of the inherant bounce can be taken care of with triger adjustments alone. Start by backing the return magnet screw out a little. If there is still a bit of bounce after that give the top screw a slight turn in and you should be set.

Rich
FEP Production Monkey

(805)487-5297
Old 02-02-2006, 04:43 PM #39
NYGuardians capt.

thanks, and i'll be ordering my quest shortly, very excited about this gun
Old 02-02-2006, 04:55 PM #40
bronc.v2 (Banned)
FEP Sports

Ya trigger bounce from the microswitch side can be taken care of by just backing the trigger out. The Quest comes with a 25mg switch, which is the lightest one you can get. It's the same kind as Vaperworks and WAS and other aftermarket people sell for Timmys and Shockers, etc. All other guns that I know of come with 85mg or 105mg switches on their guns.

I personally love 25mg switches and I've put on all my markers that use microswitches.

And just from knowing what I do, IMHO, Jim Drew at WAS knows what he is doing. His code is some of the best out there, and I'd rather use one of his boards/chips then anyone elses on the market. If he comes out with a chip, I'll get it - otherwise I'll just stay stock.

And the PSP mode can be "fixed" if you just set the cap and ramping manually can't it?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:30 PM #41
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

i think mine goes 3 pulls ramp then when u let go goes into liek 3rd burst... Weird...its ok, im strictly semi for now anyway..need to work on those trigger fingers ^^
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Old 02-02-2006, 10:39 PM #42
Maverick_1369
Si. Fly

has been a member for 10 years
Maverick_1369 plays in the APPA D4 division
WAS is the only board out there that when set up properly has not gotten penalties at tournies. Keep in mind I said when set up properly. He has some good code and products, one I wouldnt mine using at all.