PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-04-2002, 06:45 PM #1
mxkx00

has been a member for 10 years
micro emag

Does anyone have one of these micro emags. They have nickel ones for 1000 on modified and now that i saw it it looks cool and has the low vertical feed and is small. Is it much lighter then a normal emag? I am stuck between this and a GZ now cuz i can get a level 10 for the micro emag right? Give me some thoughts on the micro emag please if anyone has one
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2002, 07:45 PM #2
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
yes you can drop in a level 10 kit in ANY Automag.

between the two, personally i would go with the GZ. They are so freaking light and you can walk those mos SOOOOO easily. Emags have their advantages and disadvantages so i would try both before deciding. Remember, this is the gun YOUR getting, not what the ownerof the store is getting or your friends or a local team so you have you to choose for yourself.
Old 10-04-2002, 11:28 PM #3
alee@usma

alee@usma is a Supporting Member
give me a week

I'll be able to tell you in about a week. I'm upgrading from a warp feed body emag (LX) to a micromag (LX). I'll be able to judge the weight and everything for you.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:40 PM #4
TheMagMan

My micro emag isn't that heavy at all, I've got the custom emagnum board in it from modified paintball as well as the lvl 10 kit. Let me tell ya, if you can hook up with a micro E plus a lvl 10 and emagnum .... heads are gonna hit the ground
Old 10-13-2002, 06:40 PM #5
TheMagMan

My micro emag isn't that heavy at all, I've got the custom emagnum board in it from modified paintball as well as the lvl 10 kit. Let me tell ya, if you can hook up with a micro E plus a lvl 10 and emagnum .... heads are gonna hit the ground
Old 10-16-2002, 10:11 AM #6
alee@usma

ok, here it is:

weights are sadly about the same. I'm not noticing any difference at all.

biggest benefit: cocker threaded barrel.

problem: the vertical feed needs a special adapter for use with a warp feed. A regular PTP 90* adapter won't work. Right now, I'm trying to figure out what the heck will work with it. I ordered a 90* adapter off AGD's website, but it's useless.
Old 10-16-2002, 05:48 PM #7
ButterfingersAO

If aluminum is 4 times lighter than steel but the steel is 4 times thinner than the aluminum which one weighs more?

Thus the concept behind steel road bikes that cost $5000 and weigh less than aluminum variants.

The stainless automag body is lots thinner than the meaty PTP body.
Old 10-17-2002, 11:17 AM #8
dorksquad55
skateboarder for life

i have one and it rocks, its not that much lighter than a normal emag, but in my opinion is better looking, and witht the level 10 kit in there, iu haven't chopped a ball ever, not that i really chopped that many before.

ken

for all your Automag needs go to www.automags.org

dropkick1 over on AO
Old 10-17-2002, 03:18 PM #9
ReTro Boy
Team Super Smurfs

My micro E is noticably lighter than my AGD Emag. Now your tank and full hopper is gonna make it heavy, but gun to gun, the micro is much lighter...

btw, I love mine...so does my wife, so let me rephrase that thought, I love my wife's gun!

Check my Feedback.
Old 10-17-2002, 03:51 PM #10
alee@usma

seriously, come on

weight of the agd emag: 3.8 lbs, without tank, hopper or sight rail (off the website)

weight of the ptp micromag: 3.8 lbs as well. It's not significantly lighter at all.

The micromag is made of lighter material, but it is also much, much thicker than the regular emag. so, the effects of the lighter frame are knocked out. It's too bad, really, but that's the truth.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:43 PM #11
ReTro Boy
Team Super Smurfs

Sorry alee if you disagree, but you are wrong. Whether or not the ounces are the same or not, there is a difference when I hold them side by side. Maybe the numbers do lie!! That's just my personal experience...today. Just to make sure I wasn't retarded, I made 4 other people playing today to hold them side by side and the micro IS lighter...sorry, but it is true. Don't believe everything you read on the internet...

Check my Feedback.

Last edited by ReTro Boy : 10-20-2002 at 07:50 PM.