Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-20-2015, 03:37 PM #1
Frank_W

Frank_W has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Why does BL recommend lower input for MVP?

I have an MVP on the way and I was wondering if anyone knows why BL recommends 450-550psi input pressure. Is there reg not as consistent with higher pressures?

Has anyone noticed a difference between using standard vs low pressure tank output?

I've read posts where people say that you'll blow o-rings in the on/off or it causes excessive wear to the reg, but that just doesn't make much sense to me.
Frank_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2015, 04:22 PM #2
David A.
Old Man 62

Hi Frank,

I shot mine both ways, at 550 and 850psi (Ninja tank with shims in and shims out) I do not find any difference. In both cases, I get +/- 3fps. It is really consistent.

Now I have not shot mine much, so I can not speak to the excessive wear, I have never blown an O-ring.

If you are using a Ninja tank regulator, you can adjust the pressure by removing the shims and run you T2 and AC at 550psi. You will get a few extra shots out of a tank and it will not reduce the performance.

If you decide to run your 17ci tank at 550psi and want to run your other markers at the lower pressure, don't forget to re-adjust your regulator pressure on your other markers. If you reduce the input pressure by 300psi, your in-line regulator output pressure will drop 35-40 psi.

Good luck and you can PM me if you want more information. See you soon.

My Markers:
CCM Series 6, CCM T2(x2), CCM Series 5 RF, CCM Series 5(x3), CCM SS-25 (x3), WGP Karnivor Mid-block Sniper, WGP Black Magic, WGP '03 Sniper, FreeFlow Lotus, CCI Phantom VSC Under-Cocking, Empire AXE, Series 5 Autococker
David A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:01 PM #3
Frank_W

Frank_W has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks David. That's good info.

The other gun I use the tank for is an unregulated Superstocker when I don't feel like running 12g's on it. I'll probably just try it at standard pressure first. Seems like a pain to have to mess with reg pressures if I want to change tanks.
Frank_W is offline   Reply With Quote