PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-28-2006, 11:26 AM #1
magman007
STi

has been a member for 10 years
Is any one else worrysome about the ogd?

First off, let me state that i know kevin worked his hardest, did his best, and tried to suit all of our needs by schedualing the ogd in october, but im starting to worry about its turn out.

I know im having a hard time getting my team together, much earlier than usual. Alot of my teammates are in school/college and arent sure if they can miss the day or 2 that will be required to put on a top notch performance, I also have teachers and car manufacturers, who in october are both quite busy.

Im also reading a lot of insecurities among other teams. For example, its looking like there wont be a team AFTICA this year, one of the founding teams allong with RMOG, POG, and Mo.com. others are claiming that they dont want to waste their vacation time in october, and they would rather use it when it is warm out.

i dunno, im just getting worried that while it will be a good event, it wont be as good as the last one(which lets face it, the venue sucked, but the ogd was great) and it may turn some players away, the next year, when we can get everything worked out easier.

i dunno, i love you kevin, and i love the work put into the ogd, im just worried that this year might suck.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2006, 01:50 AM #2
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

but bill...how can anything suck if i'm there? I mean, i POUND those red-white-and-blue margaritas **rolls eyes**

in all seriousness...

I am aware this is not the best thing that could have happened for the OGD. A great OGD, held at a STRONG IAO, in July is the best option for us. However, that is not possible, as we all know. The IAO is no longer the event it was three years ago. July did not work logistically to host the OGD.

What we're left with is this:
1) the CFOA season finale
2) the largest CFOA event of the year
3) Wilmington, NC in early October. 8 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and around 70* in weather
4) The same group of guys that made this event what it is

I know this is not the idea place to host it nor the ideal time. But all things withstanding, this is the same event it has been the past two years. Nothing substantial has changed. The cost will be VERY close to what it was in years past (all factors included: hotel, entry, travel, paint). The only real change is the time and location.

I don't understand why someone could budget for this event if it was in July and they won't be able to when it's in October. Everyone has PLENTY of time to request time off from work to make it down there. We're going to be rocking out starting Friday night and not stopping until Sunday afternoon when people begin to leave. It's not as long as the IAO but its also easier to miss one day as opposed to three or four in most cases. Yeah, its during school. I know. I feel your paint too, hell I go to school (sometimes).

I mean, look. The people who want to be there will be there. I'm sure of that. It's a matter of how important it is to you. if some other things are more important, and I repsect that, then by all means, do those other things. But, dammit, if this is important and you've made it in years past, theres no good reason why you can't make it this year.

I'm not worried this won't be as good as OGDs in years past. On the contrary, I'm expecting this to be the best OGD to date. I can assure you, we're going to do everything we can to make this the best OGD you've ever seen. You won't want to miss it.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:46 AM #3
magman007
STi

Now im not saying that im not attending the OGD!! never would i say that, once the venue is completely and fully announced, my tickets will be ordered, and heck, i gotta make dye happy!

And hell, i stuck around the iao for like, 2 years longer than i should have, just for the ogd. IM just wondering if we will loose a big fan base due to whats going on.

Also, the time factor isnt so bad, as its just hard for teachers, and parents to take off during that time, especially for paintball when school is in session, and auto manufactueres, because they are busy with full production of new models. School, not that big of an issue, il miss 2 days, it matters, but not nearly as much as the OGD.

you know i love you kev, and im not tryin to have it read that way.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:55 AM #4
Prairie's Brother

Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
I'll be there. You *****es better show up.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:50 PM #5
magman007
STi

wanna pick me up in the airport? i promise il only be an hour late, not like those *****es hawk and tigress
Old 01-29-2006, 11:30 PM #6
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Tigress is a Supporting Member
Tigress supports Cereal Killerz 2
Tigress donated to help Peyton Trent
Tigress supports Bob Gurnsey
Tigress supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by magman007
wanna pick me up in the airport? i promise il only be an hour late, not like those *****es hawk and tigress
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm ****ing cursed. ****ing O'Hare.

Anyway, I'll be there. I plan on missing a couple days of school and work. The OGD is worth it.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:19 PM #7
rudzy (Banned)
automags.org

i will be there, on the AO team, mmm rockin either my tunamax emag or a devilmag..
Old 01-30-2006, 05:46 PM #8
niteHawk
Hot Patootie

Annual Supporting Member
niteHawk is a Supporting Member
niteHawk is a founding member
niteHawk donated to help Peyton Trent
I look at it this way... where else would you have it?
The IAO is dead.. completely and utterly, it's dead. And I, for one, wouldn't want it at 3 rivers even if Dera cut a heck of a deal for Kev... no one want to be associated with "downsizing" - leave on a high note as it were.

So - what's left?
Any of the NPPL or PSP events (combined or not) would cost more - probably more than most of the OGD players would be willing/able to handle. Plus the odds of us getting our own little side tourney would be harder.

So then who do you hook up with (because really there needs to be a base event for the OGD at least at this stage)....

CFOA is probably the only series I could think of that has a good rep, and is large enough to have "fun" venues... I'm in Jersey, and have heard good things about them.
Personally, I'd rather Myrtle beach, but Im looking at it from a family thing - littleHawk would love the beach :-)
Looking at it from a paintball thing - well, I think the odds of one of us bailing another out of jail is higher in Myrtle Beach then at Riverjam.

Heck - I know I'm the exception with having an average age of like 50 acros my teams, but we were even thinking of doing Myrtle beach in addition to Riverjam... just for grins

We will be there, and this time we've got EBlazers ;-)

WGP/AGD Certified Tech
Playing since before you were born...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:54 PM #9
rudzy (Banned)
automags.org

you have e blazers, but the AO guys got new software in our e/ x mags, and im hoping a couple of devils will come out and play, and did some one say mag drop in predator board???...yeah..so they say no ramping...woulda been fun..he has a mag he cant ramp....lol..ooh yeah??...lol but its gonna be great and alot of fun..cant wait..is the venue locked in now??? any hotel booked yet? prices?
Old 01-30-2006, 08:12 PM #10
cris8762
I Win

Kev, you know I will be there. Either as a player or spectator/drunken heckler . I trust that the OGD will go off without a hitch this year, and hopefully we will pull new people into the amazing drinking competition . . err . . . paintball event that is the OGD!

Note to all team captains: I am teamless since it looks like RMOG might not make a repeat appearance . Any teams looking to pick up a player, let me know with a pm.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:18 PM #11
rudzy (Banned)
automags.org

paintball is my sport, drinking is my profesion..I HEREBY CHALLANGE HERE AND NOW..ANY MAN, WOMAN OR BEING TO A DRINKING CONTEST..THE FIRST TO FINISH A BOTTLE OF JACK DANIELS , 1.75 LITERS..WIL HOLD ALL RIGHTS TO BEING THE DRUNKEST, AND HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR A WHOLE YEAR..CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO ANY OGD PLAYERS!!! MAY THE BEST DRUNK WIN!!! and yes i have consumed a bottle of this size before, and plan to do it again...
Old 01-30-2006, 10:30 PM #12
Sheazer
Bi-Winning

I'll be there for sure, school or no school. Also, it's looking like I got plenty of Pumpers ready to roll in the area, so honestly, I think I'll have a team or two going. Also, my 10 round tubes make nice shot glasses!

Old 01-31-2006, 12:30 AM #13
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudzy
paintball is my sport, drinking is my profesion..I HEREBY CHALLANGE HERE AND NOW..ANY MAN, WOMAN OR BEING TO A DRINKING CONTEST..THE FIRST TO FINISH A BOTTLE OF JACK DANIELS , 1.75 LITERS..WIL HOLD ALL RIGHTS TO BEING THE DRUNKEST, AND HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR A WHOLE YEAR..CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO ANY OGD PLAYERS!!! MAY THE BEST DRUNK WIN!!! and yes i have consumed a bottle of this size before, and plan to do it again...
I'm not going to have to work, am I?

I don't think the old men can afford my counseling services. :]
Old 01-31-2006, 06:15 AM #14
Prairie's Brother

Prairie's Brother is a Supporting Member
Quote:

You're not really coming, are you?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:58 PM #15
cris8762
I Win

Quote:
oh lord, you're trying to kill someone aren't you? Judging from your myspace pictures, you are about 300lb of muscle, so I doubt anyone will be able to beat you. So, you can rest-assured that you will be the only one that needs over a liter of liquor to be drunk . . . . .
Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 PM #16
rudzy (Banned)
automags.org

yeah

im seriously coming, and im drinking..if i pass out on the field..so be it...but no bonus balling when im passed out...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 PM #17
Muzikman

The only think I am worried about is getting from the bar to the hotel.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:37 PM #18
Tigress
Rawr.

Annual Supporting Member
Tigress is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman
The only think I am worried about is getting from the bar to the hotel.
<3
Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 PM #19
magman007
STi

team aftica mows faces... at the bar. Rudzy you are lucky aftica probabally isnt comming, because you would be under the table, 5 fold.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:43 PM #20
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
RMOG will be there. I can also pick people up at the airport as well since I will have my car there.

Riverjam is sweet.

Once in awhile you get shown the light, the strangest of places if you look at it right.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:56 AM #21
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
jdev is a Paintball photographer
Quote:

AFTICA. A drinking team with a paintball problem. Lucky for you, it doesn't appear that aftica will have a showing at the OGD this year. Well, they may not show up to play, they may show up to drink. Heh, fancy that. A travelling drinking team.