Old 01-24-2006, 06:17 AM #1
Element Paintball
is now FACTOR PAINTBALL

Annual Supporting Member
Element Paintball is a Supporting Member
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Element Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Any upgrades needed?

Wow.. I've read almost every word here that has been written about the quest, and from all accounts, it sounds like an excelent design.

I have (understandably) gotten a little tired of making ion parts, if only because, though the ion shoots wonderfully when its working, its a fickle beast. Sadly, 99% of the problems I've run into with the ion is due to inconsistant design from various aftermarket companies, leading to incompatible products, or makeshift solutions.

Looking at the Quest, nothing jumps out at me that NEEDS improvement, but I thought I'd ask those who have had a chance to shoot one.

If you could have anything, what would you improve/change on the Quest?

Would you be interested in an 85* frame?

Would you be interested in a dm6 style frame that takes dm6 boards? (assuming I can get the quest to work with a dm6 board, but I don't see why not)

I'd love to work on a custom milled team version, but the investement to redesign that many parts at once (even just cosmetically) would be very large, and I'd want to have the support of the original designers.

Glad you are all loving your quests. Now, If I can only finish this ion project, the next 2 or 3 shocker projects, and this DM project, maybe I can pick myself up a quest to tinker with!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2006, 08:42 AM #2
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
If i ever sell my pimp and other stuff and get money for one (875 at proshop) then ill be getting one. Although it doesn't need ups, and i wouldnt have money to up it. A vert re-positional frame would be pretty kool.
Some triggers
And! maybe a bolt guide? i think a bolt guide would be sweet.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:49 AM #3
isnt_it_ION-ic

i think new milling designs would be sweet! maybe a tube/milling designs? maybe a 15 degree asa or carbon fiber accsesories like triggers and or eye covers? i dunno, just throwning stuff out there.if you make a new body for this beast ill buy it!

**Trade**UL'D PM6**BUY**
Old 01-24-2006, 11:00 AM #4
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element Paintball
Wow.. I've read almost every word here that has been written about the quest, and from all accounts, it sounds like an excelent design.

I have (understandably) gotten a little tired of making ion parts, if only because, though the ion shoots wonderfully when its working, its a fickle beast. Sadly, 99% of the problems I've run into with the ion is due to inconsistant design from various aftermarket companies, leading to incompatible products, or makeshift solutions.

Looking at the Quest, nothing jumps out at me that NEEDS improvement, but I thought I'd ask those who have had a chance to shoot one.

If you could have anything, what would you improve/change on the Quest?

Would you be interested in an 85* frame?

Would you be interested in a dm6 style frame that takes dm6 boards? (assuming I can get the quest to work with a dm6 board, but I don't see why not)

I'd love to work on a custom milled team version, but the investement to redesign that many parts at once (even just cosmetically) would be very large, and I'd want to have the support of the original designers.

Glad you are all loving your quests. Now, If I can only finish this ion project, the next 2 or 3 shocker projects, and this DM project, maybe I can pick myself up a quest to tinker with!

as far as custom works i dont see anything needed but alot could be wanted, i personally would love to see a 15degree vert asa with guage AND lpr, ive always wanted one but no one ever made one, the dm idea for the quest sounds awesome and do me a favor and keep my name on records with you because as soon as you get doing custom work on the quests ill be one of the first customers because some custom milling (even though not much can be milled out of current bodys, doing what pl companys did to shockers and make the bodys slightly thicker to allow for different millings would be awesome while only slightly increasing weight at such a small amount it wouldnt really matter to those who are obessessed with having the lightest guns in the world, im definately interested in seeing what you can do, keep me informed
Old 01-24-2006, 12:34 PM #5
aceofspades05

i would love a quest that had a 15degree asa with guage and lpr, a gripframe with a membrane that i could put a techna trigger in, and had a built in rail, and a body that took necks that wernt quest threaded (like angel necks or dm necks), a new bolt guide would be pretty sick too as mentioned above, maybe something along the lines of the hybrid idea where you dont need the allen key to get it off, some custom milling on the quest would be sexy also, while i love the current design some variety would be pretty nice, and to have a membrane instead of the button along with a variety of grips instead of just the FEP grips that the new gripframes on the quests require would be nice, id love to be able to keep the hybrid grips that are currently on my quest on the quest ya know? custom detent covers to match the new milling on custom bodys would be nice also... basically a all out Element PL Quest would be amazing and i'd definately buy it (especially if you guys made a olive as nice as proto did with there protos). really looking forward to this and if i can help with it at all just let me know, if this goes through i may be having my team convert over to team quests for the season which would be awesome
Old 01-24-2006, 12:48 PM #6
Maverick_1369
Si. Fly

Maverick_1369 plays in the APPA D4 division
If you made a new body, I would like to see it with new 2k5 timmy feedneck threads, to where you screw the feedneck ONTO the body, not INTO.

Maybe a PL body, be nice, and like ace of spades said, maybe a bolt guide kinda like hybrid where you dont need an allen wrench to take out the bolt
Old 01-24-2006, 01:27 PM #7
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
I'm definately up for a Hybrid bolt guide !
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
Old 01-24-2006, 01:46 PM #8
Physcojosh
FEP Hawaii TECH

Some Eye covers ^^ and a frame to accept timmy triggers, and the Timmy Feedneck Idea. basicly all id want, i Personally like te looks as of now
Zr1 Renegade OLED boards
Gear Sale and Pressure Testers
Old 01-24-2006, 03:36 PM #9
aceofspades05

Ok, so the quest im dreaming up in my head is:
-Custom milled body
-Custom Ano
-15 degree kickforward vert asa with guage and lpr
-Cp Reg
-Dye Gripframe
-Hybrid Grips
-Techna Trigger
-DM Board
-Virtue Chip
-Hybrid-Like bolt guide
-Timmy threaded neck on the body
-FBM Hooker No Rise feedneck
-Dye asa with on/off
-Custom milled LPR
-Custom Milled Detent Covers
Price = Arm + Leg + Some cold pizza
but its worth it to me, lol if anyone out there feels like making that hit me up with a quote i want one like that to go along with my current quest

Last edited by aceofspades05 : 01-25-2006 at 03:08 PM.