Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-24-2006, 01:49 AM #1
HaterPB

Annual Supporting Member
HaterPB is a Supporting Member
HaterPB works for a Paintball manufacturer
HaterPB donated to help Peyton Trent
Board Question

If this has been posted somewhere else in here, I really do apologize. I searched around the board for awhile and couldn't find an answer.

These take DM chips, correct?

However, the Quests that I've seen have a single button on the grip frame. The DM's have both POWER and EYE input buttons. How does the Quest user shut off the eyes if using a DM chip? Is there maybe another button that I'm missing?

Thanks!
John
Hater Paintball LLC

Check out Hater Paintball on MYSPACE!

FOLLOW HATER ON TWITTER!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2006, 02:06 AM #2
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by haterpb
If this has been posted somewhere else in here, I really do apologize. I searched around the board for awhile and couldn't find an answer.

However, the Quests that I've seen have a single button on the grip frame. The DM's have both POWER and EYE input buttons. How does the Quest user shut off the eyes if using a DM chip? Is there maybe another button that I'm missing?

Thanks!
John
Hater Paintball LLC
Here's your answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofspades05
if you look in my pics, on the left side of the gun under the grips where the angel wings are on the grips is a very bright colorful set of LED's. They are EASILY seen in bright daylight. It has a single on/off button much like a shocker without the stupid chrip. The led colors change to signify if eyes are on/off. On first boot the eyes are on, hold the on/off button of a moment to turn them off (led turns blue if i can remember correctly). Hold button in to turn off. If you look at the picture i have of the board you can see a decent size white square under the chip, that is the LED's. Thanks for the comment on the pics who ever comented above.

[EDIT] Just incase you didnt know if there is a loader issue or if eyes get dirty somehow it turns eyes off and caps the ROF at 12 i believe to prevent chopping. But if you maintain your quest you shouldnt ever have that issue, its just a little added feature, i thought i would hate it but it came in handy when a ball broke in a pod that i didnt realize it untill it was in the hopper... ball was crushed entering the firing chamber and got the eyes dirty, eyes shut off and capped the rof, i hit it with a straight shot, ran great remainder of the game. Also, when eyes are on, there is a force fire option. Hold the trigger for a second and it will force the shot if eyes cant detect a ball to clear the breach. If it can detect it, obviously, it will fire it the instant you pull the trigger, but if it cant sence it and you hold it for a second it will fire once. Release and repeat to get this affect over and over again.

Basic PB
Christ Krew #246 - Sins Erased - Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
Old +12/-0
Old 01-24-2006, 11:27 AM #3
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyphoonX
Here's your answer:
lol good call thanks, i was afraid once i got back from being suspended from pbn that i would have to re-explain that, lol
Old 01-24-2006, 12:27 PM #4
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterpb

Thanks!
John
Hater Paintball LLC
man to see some hater stuff come out just for the quest would be pretty sweet man, lets say a new board+chip? *hint hint*
Old 02-09-2006, 08:14 PM #5
socalmad (Banned)

ups to hater paintball i love the boards
Old 02-09-2006, 08:16 PM #6
NYGuardians capt.

NYGuardians capt. is a Supporting Member
NYGuardians capt. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
yes dm chips will fit but the timings off (according to ace)