Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-30-2002, 05:16 PM #1
rocky

has been a member for 10 years
Action Markers?

Hey,

I am really liking what I have seen of the Action Marker products. I was wondering if someone out there could tell me a bit about the company though. THey look to be a solid gun, their Sentinel that is. And from what I can tell of the Elctro that looks pretty solid in and of it self.

Thanks,

Rocky
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2002, 07:49 PM #2
Benson

I don't have time to type a lot right now, but I think this will help,

www.actionmarkers.com
Old 10-01-2002, 04:48 PM #3
rocky

Thanks Benson,

I will check out their site. Any additional info you could pass along would be greatly apprecaited as well.

Thanks,

Rocky
Old 10-01-2002, 09:20 PM #4
Benson

Cool Here's my 2 cents...

I've been to the IAO, the Shatner game, and even on a tour of the factory. If there's one thing that sticks out it's the dedication these guys have to making sure they get their products done right with a really high standard of quality. You can rest assured that each Sentinel TS sold has been shot over a chrono with paint and adjusted to 280 fps from the factory.

If you noticed very few people have Illusion pumps. This first run tends to be much more consistent on a pressure around 600psi due to an enlarged valve chamber, and a smaller is needed to help with that issue at higher pressures. They are fixing this on the newer versions, and will be sending out fixes to those with the large chambers. Unlike some companies, they don't want something to go out before it's done right.

This is why you may have noticed the delays on the Illusion and Diadem if you were following along. Once they do go into full production these things are going to blow people away. Just talk to others that have owned/shot both about how a stock TS compares to a stock Spyder or equivalent. They have a super durable and sexy anodizing, tougher longer lasting heat-treated parts, delrin bolt, a great (though large bore) stock barrel for a change, largely improved dual ball bearing and spring detents, a better all weather valve and seal that can take as much liquid as you can give it, much more consistent velocity and adjustment, a better trigger pull that’s smooth the whole way unlike the annoying wall of tension you hit when you pull a Spyder’s trigger, and common threading on the barrel and feed tube for aftermarket compatibility.

Now apply this improvement in quality and design to pumps and electros for an idea of what they are going to do for our sport.

Greg
Old 10-02-2002, 05:52 PM #5
rocky

Thanks Benson,

I look forward to seeing this Diadem and the Illusion blow there way out into the market.

Rocky