PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-20-2006, 08:40 PM #1
_1_
...and justice for all

The Right Camera for Me?

I really want to get into taking pics of paintball tournaments. Hopefully, get up to the professional level in a few years. So what camera do you reccommend for an entry level photographer. Not too expensive, but can take good enough pics. Any help would be appreciated, I forgot to search, because it's 9:40 at night and I'm tired as hell. So if it's been posted before, Im sorry. Thanks in advance...

Help Me Make Money By Clickin' On Links Here

"Originally posted by MVPaintballer: When you see as many penises as me, even the most innocent of things seem phallic.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2006, 08:48 PM #2
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
Well um whats your budget ? Do you want a DSLR ? Or a PnS ?

My feedback 65+
Old 01-21-2006, 08:58 AM #3
_1_
...and justice for all

$350-400

"Originally posted by MVPaintballer: When you see as many penises as me, even the most innocent of things seem phallic.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:14 AM #4
Just Ingen
Darth Clayton

You don't have enough money to start approaching the professional level at all if you want any kind of decent camera, it'll HAVE to be film.

The average nice sports lens costs way, way mor ethan 400 dollars. Sorry. I'd go with a nikon n80 if you can find one used, or a used f100 with a decent lens. Maybe an 80-200 f2.8. Yes, I'm telling you to save up a butt ton of money, and not buy some halfass cam that you will regret

Photos for sale
pic thread

"originally posted by Drex17
I dont think he knows who he is arguing with.
Ingen > all
"
Old 01-21-2006, 10:22 AM #5
_1_
...and justice for all

Oh, I know that bro. I don't want to approach any professional level as of yet. Just stuff for a local magazine. Rookie teams and what not.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:31 AM #6
Gienek
Dodgynator

Gienek is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
It is almos nearly imposible to capture good or decent shots with a Point ans shoot. My recomendation would be to save up another 300 bucks and get the rebel XT, and then save up like 600 more for a decent tele lens.
O rly?

Feedback
Old 01-21-2006, 12:39 PM #7
SuPrBuGmAn
The VLM Owner

Just pick up a PnS with the ability to shoot in full manual mode. The ability to write to RAW and manually set white balance would be nice as well. Learn to use the PnS and move up to a camera with better output later, when you're sure you want to spend more money and time on the hobby.
Zuiko Digital 25mm Pancake(f2.8) ED
Zuiko Digital 50mm(f2) ED
Sigma 55-200mm DC AF(f4-5.6)
Old 01-21-2006, 05:06 PM #8
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
If you can come up with $600 or so take a look at the Canon Powershot Pro1. Lots of manual control, and has the benefit of Canon L glass on it.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."