Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-20-2006, 08:33 PM #1
S_Carter
Nuclear Cowboy.

S_Carter plays in the PSP
S_Carter plays in the APPA D4 division
Allen screw in PGP bolt? Safety spring?

While I was working on my PGP(finally got it fixed), I noticed that there's an allen screw thing on the side of the bolt, what does it do?

I also lost the safety spring, is there another type of spring that I could use to replace it?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2006, 09:29 PM #2
bag3lbit3s
Is my name

There's a lug that comes out the other end which has a spring inside the bolt that the screw pushes down on so that the lug is pushed down even if the lug rubs against the hammer and pushes it upward. The lug cocks back the hammer, when you pull the trigger the hammer hits the valve.

The safety is known to come apart, your best bet is just leave it out. Plus you really don't need a safety on a pump anyways, I could see a semi maybe.

When I traded for my pgp the safety was broken, well not broken, just need a ball bearing and spring. I didn't want to have to deal with it, and since there was no spring or ball bearing holding it in place, it would slide around and engage the safety when I didn't expect it. So what I did is I took a small nail and shoved it in the hole on the top where the spring and bearing go and then cut the remaining nail off.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:47 PM #3
S_Carter
Nuclear Cowboy.

S_Carter plays in the PSP
S_Carter plays in the APPA D4 division
Is there any point in adjusting that screw? To stop the safety from flopping around I could shove a nail in there so it stays in the 'fire' position?
Old 01-20-2006, 10:59 PM #4
bag3lbit3s
Is my name

The screw doesn't need adjusting because of the spring, it adjusts the lug if it rubs against the hammer. The reason for the screw is to remove the entire bolt. To remove the bolt you have to remove the lug.

You could just completely remove the entire safety if you wanted and not have to worry about fixing or keeping it from moving around. But I wanted to leave the safety in there so if for some reason I decide to fix it and just to keep dirt from getting in it.