PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-20-2006, 05:54 PM #1
wakeboarding_biker3 (Banned)

wakeboarding_biker3 is a Supporting Member
I want it!!! Questions though.

Hey guys well right now I am very interested in the Quest. I do however have a few questions. For those of you who own one have there been any common/large problems with them. How long has the Quest been around. I know that it is fairly new but how new is it. Also how is the speed and efficiency on this gun. Also I am confused on what the grips look like. Is it a skull on one side or on both sides? Thanks in advance.

-Elliott
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2006, 06:06 PM #2
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboarding_biker3
Hey guys well right now I am very interested in the Quest. I do however have a few questions. For those of you who own one have there been any common/large problems with them. How long has the Quest been around. I know that it is fairly new but how new is it. Also how is the speed and efficiency on this gun. Also I am confused on what the grips look like. Is it a skull on one side or on both sides? Thanks in advance.

-Elliott
well the ONLY issue ive had is that if you put the battery in incorrectly it pushes up against the on/off switch and can cause damage but if your not stupid and use common sence and put it in the right way (and its actually rather obvious) youll be fine, i got my quest just after it came out and have loved it ever since. Yes, the skull is on BOTH sides of the grips as can be seen in the pictures thread, they are really nice. Many people argue with me telling me its not possible but if you tune it correctly you will get 8-9 pods out of a 45/5k tank and its extremely quiet, pm me and ill get you a video of me shooting it so you can hear the difference between my gun shooting and the guns in the background shooting (and mines shooting at 300fsp too). Its only months old and growing quick, definately should get one man.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:04 PM #3
meatloaf
COCKERMAN

meatloaf is a Supporting Member
meatloaf is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Wakeboardbiker,
The Quest came out at NPPL miami last Nov.
- There was a bolt problem with the last bolt design, but that has been cured. as of now? not that we know of.
-Gun is capped @ 23, the board also has PSP, NXL, and tourney lock, around 1500 rounds of a 68/45.
-The skull/sword is on both sides.
-02 Freeflow Lotus
-GX-3 sniper
-99 RF 'Cocker
Old 01-20-2006, 10:20 PM #4
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatloaf
Wakeboardbiker,
The Quest came out at NPPL miami last Nov.
- There was a bolt problem with the last bolt design, but that has been cured. as of now? not that we know of.
-Gun is capped @ 23, the board also has PSP, NXL, and tourney lock, around 1500 rounds of a 68/45.
-The skull/sword is on both sides.
yeah first bolt started giving me some issues but after i got ahold of the newer one from cole its been absolutely perfect ever since
Old 01-21-2006, 12:02 AM #5
wakeboarding_biker3 (Banned)

wakeboarding_biker3 is a Supporting Member
Thank you so much guys for the awsome responses. Are there any upgrades for them as of now? Also is the 23 bps cap on the board or on the solenoid. Thanks again guys. Hope to be part of the family soon.

aceofspades05: I see that you got banned so when you make a new account come back in this thread so I can pm you for that video.

-Elliott
Old 01-21-2006, 03:19 AM #6
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
I have to agree 100% with AoS. I am going to be ordering myself another one shortly. I'm not familiar with the bolt issue but I'm having the gun upgraded anyway so I'm sure that'll be solved.
The gun is an absolute dream to shoot and use. It does go through lube rather quickly, but that is a non-issue. The performance is at the top of its class and has yet to be rivalled by anything that I have seen or used thats on the market to date.
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
Old 01-21-2006, 12:21 PM #7
paintballmonkey069

the cap is on the noid...... it is the same as a dm4,5,c noid..... they picked this noid because of reliabilty reasons..... and who needs to shoot over 23 ? and it uses dm chips
Old 01-21-2006, 05:08 PM #8
RedAlert11

a few memebers on m squad have quests but they were early designs so there were some reliability problems.....my buddy got all of the little kinks out and there hasn't been any problems since......the quest is fast, no kick, accurate and amazingly light...as long as the final products are reliable the quest will definitely be one of the top markers on the market
Old 01-21-2006, 07:56 PM #9
Dogystyle

i have a question. and yes i have read every single thread about this gun. ok, my question is will there be a FEP booth at HB? if there is i'll be buying one when i get down there. cause as of right now the only thing holding me back from buying one is, i have no idea what color i want. but if i could see them in person i know that would help make my decision alot easier. thanks.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:40 PM #10
meatloaf
COCKERMAN

Yes FEP will be at HB, i think FEP will have 4 teams registered in the NPPL bracket this season. Still not sure if and what i'll be playing. . .
but we'll be there!!! LOOK FOR OUR TRAILER!!!!!
Patrick.
-02 Freeflow Lotus
-GX-3 sniper
-99 RF 'Cocker
Old 01-21-2006, 08:57 PM #11
jeff,teamepic

i know of 3...
Old 01-21-2006, 09:00 PM #12
meatloaf
COCKERMAN

ah you are right i don't think we'll have a rookie team this season.
-02 Freeflow Lotus
-GX-3 sniper
-99 RF 'Cocker
Old 01-21-2006, 09:14 PM #13
jeff,teamepic

you do.

we'll be shooting them in semi-pro, d1 and d3.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:01 PM #14
dyematrixgunna
• • •

dyematrixgunna is a Supporting Member
i am so getting one once i get cash.......... the only problem is the only place that has certified FEP techs near me is an hour and a half away. I think as more Quest sales go up FEP will get more money and become a bigger company so there will be more techs IMHO.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:31 PM #15
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I want one.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:52 PM #16
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation

ill probably get one once its bigger. i dont like buying stuff when it first comes out. i learned that when i bought the omen...
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
Old 01-23-2006, 07:17 PM #17
paintballmonkey069

good theory but i believe these guys wouldnt put a faulty product out early... i personally like to be diffrent then everyone else so i will try and get this as soon as i get the money
Old 01-24-2006, 08:54 AM #18
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
i have to sell everything that belongs to me basically to buy one of these. But finally proshop i goto in NY is getting 1 of each color it for starts (which im sure will go fast) so im going to stop in and check out what color i like the most, and get to hold it to see if i like the feel.

Then once i can get everything sold im buying one

May have to wait till i get money from my parents for my Virginia Beach senior trip, and just save all that money then along with whatever i can sell i should be able to afford one. But then i wont have a loader,tank,on/off or any ups. but i dont care as long as i have the gun and can look at it and hold it
Old 01-24-2006, 03:50 PM #19
aceofspades05

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15
i have to sell everything that belongs to me basically to buy one of these. But finally proshop i goto in NY is getting 1 of each color it for starts (which im sure will go fast) so im going to stop in and check out what color i like the most, and get to hold it to see if i like the feel.

Then once i can get everything sold im buying one

May have to wait till i get money from my parents for my Virginia Beach senior trip, and just save all that money then along with whatever i can sell i should be able to afford one. But then i wont have a loader,tank,on/off or any ups. but i dont care as long as i have the gun and can look at it and hold it
lol ill give you $2 and some cold pizza for everything! lol jk man good luck its definately worth it