PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2014, 06:18 PM #1
I Have No Legs
What are birds?

Leaking at feedneck

I've had a lot of problems with this gun. I'm in the process of basically rebuilding it trying to do some trial and error to find the problem.

The gun used to only shoot at about ~260 fps. Once you turned it up, the bolt would stick forward. Naturally, I checked here and was told to replace the o-rings. I did. I've done this numerous times, checked with the manual to get the exact sizes and measuring them out myself to verify that I put the right ones in.

It was determined that I should try replacing my HP reg, so I did that twice and still had problems. I have given it to 3 different people and they always claim to have fixed the problem and never have. So I basically gave up after that, which is about when I stopped playing anyways.

Now, here I am 2-3 years later still having problems. Now it leaks terribly from the feedneck. Still sounds like an o-ring problem, right? (second o-ring from the back on the bolt pin, I'm aware). But it is not. So I decided that maybe it was the LP reg/valve core. So I recently replaced that without any avail. So I finally broke down and bought a solenoid, which came in yesterday. Hooked her in, same problem. The LP reg meter doesn't move and air just blasts through the bolt to the feedneck area.

I've hooked up the stock reg/new reg and my stock LP reg and new LP reg, and the problem persists. I believe that at this point it could basically be the body or a cracked bolt/bolt pin. I'm also fairly unaware of what the bolt/pin washer is supposed to be, I was given a rubber type piece (and have replaced it with something for a sink from home depot). I think the only purpose of the piece is to act as a damper to reduce the impact of the bolt onto the bolt pin when the gun fires, but it may be offsetting the positioning of the bolt. But that's about the only thing that I am not quite sure about.

So before I go and waste another ~$50, any suggestions on what I should do? Which piece is most likely the problem?
University of Missouri

...That I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I Have No Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2014, 06:52 PM #2
tacxplosion

Leak out the breech is either front bolt o'ring or front pin o'ring, the bolt shooting forward when higher pressure is applied leads me to believe the 3rd o'ring from the back might also be bad. I'd suggest rebuilding the bolt and pin completely and lubing with dow55, it might be a tolerance issue.
tacxplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 06:58 PM #3
quickpickWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacxplosion View Post
Leak out the breech is either front bolt o'ring or front pin o'ring, the bolt shooting forward when higher pressure is applied leads me to believe the 3rd o'ring from the back might also be bad. I'd suggest rebuilding the bolt and pin completely and lubing with dow55, it might be a tolerance issue.
Had this problem earlier. Relubed the bolt and the leak around the eyes/ feedneck disappeared

quickpickWM is offline   Reply With Quote