Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-21-2005, 11:48 PM #1
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

has been a member for 10 years
neildepainter donated to help Peyton Trent
FEP Quest - Questions answered

First off, this will be the only company thread that I will post in.
Ok, Guys...I guess I need to clear a few things up. Some of you know me some don't (been a while since I've posted). Let me introduce myself to the ones that don't. My name is Neil Penney. I used to work for Bob Long as one of his head techs along side Terry Fong. I know quite a few people in the industry AND am one of the owners of First Endeavor Paintball. So I can answer some of your questions a little better than most.

First the Co. There are currently 5 people in this endeavor in varying positions. All five have been in painball for many years and have a lot of experience in the industry. One of those is Chris Cole. He's been playing forever, and has designed many items already on the market that most people don't even realize. Dave Palmer, he has been in the industry for about 15 years and is well known on the west coast under Urban Quest Paintball. Then there is me. On the leading edge of the electro-pnumatic revolution with Bob Long that overtook paintball in the early 2000's.

Let me give you a little facts about the marker from a better stand point, and a more realistic view.

Warning...I will be an *** in this thread (mainly cause I hate this crap). But I will stay true to facts.

Ok, rate of fire. Is it gonna shoot fast? YES. Is it gonna outshoot the other 5 high end markers on the market? NO. Most every high end marker on the market cycle at a max of around 40ms, and is limited by the solenoid. Our solenoid is capped at around 23bps. So in turn this marker with this setup will not shoot above 23bps.

Size & Weight. Is it small and light? YES. Is it as small as a cap gun, and light as a feather? NO. It's made of metal. Just as all the other high end markers on the market. It will not be a pound lighter than another marker on the market. It *might* end up 2 or 3 oz's lighter than most of the other high end markers but not some crazy light weight. Again it will "compete" with the lightest markers on the market.

The main selling features of the marker are what we (with many years in the industry) feel the consumer wants.
Things like...Maintenance. Kick. Speed. Size. Weight. Aesthetics. Simplicity. Comfort. Repairability. Efficiency. Quality. Cost. Consistecy. Ease of use.
Every high end gun on the market has a couple of things going for it, but lacs in other areas. What we've tried to do is make a marker that is on top or equal to the best on the market in every catagory.
This marker hits a lot more marks than most, and really hits the important ones.
It will be one of the lightest and most comfortable markers. It is so easy to work on and repair, only a couple of orings require maintenance. It has absolutely no kick at all, and produces a very flat and consistent trajectory. It will be one of the most efficient markers out. And it is so simple to use most every newbie can shoot it right out of the box.

It's simple we have a quality product that we think people will like. Some people will like it and some will not. That's the way it is. We will try our best to please as many customers that we can.

Sincerely,
Neil Penney
FEP

And First Endeavor Paintball / Urban Quest fans. We LOVE you to death, but calm down with the it's the best thing since sliced bread stuff.

EDIT. A couple of features to mention to answer a few possible questions.

Cocker barrel threads
Stock 2-piece barrel
Bearing trigger stock
Multi-functioning board, PSP, NXL, Ramp, Semi-auto modes
1400-1500 rds out of 65/4500
User selectable frame positioning

MSRP $925
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM #2
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

Does the company have a web page?

Basic PB
Christ Krew #246 - Sins Erased - Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
Old +12/-0
TyphoonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:52 PM #3
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

The above post was my initial post with me only posting a couple of other times. FEP in no way hyped or talked trash about any other marker out there. In no way did we say that our marker was the best. Tho we do feel that it is, as usual it is up to the customer to decide. SO. Please keep the discussion about OUR marker ie...QUESTIONS ANSWERED. And not about a pissing match as to who's is better or who's gonna sue who, as if anyone really cares other than the owners of the other RESPECTED companies.

And this is why I hate posting on this site! Was away for 3 weeks and all that acumulated was 15 pages of crap.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:55 PM #4
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyphoonX
Does the company have a web page?
We will have the website up before thanksgiving. I had it up for a few days, but took it back down to add flash and a shopping cart for internet purchases.
I think you guy's will like our site. It will be www.firstendeavorpaintball.com

Thanks for the question.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:27 AM #5
FSU Paintball
quotedfortruth.com

FSU Paintball is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by neildepainter
And this is why I hate posting on this site! Was away for 3 weeks and all that acumulated was 15 pages of crap.
Perhaps you missed the insightful posts about users' experiences with this marker and their initial impressions, positive and negative. I'm not saying you deleted the original topic because it had negative opinions about the gun, but it certainly doesn't look very brave of you to do so.

There's crap in every PBN thread because the PBN community is largely composed of prepubescent asstards. But when you deleted your previous thread, you deleted a lot of quality posts, many of which were negative about your marker, many posted by respected members of the paintball R&D community, and deleting that just looks very self-serving. This is news, not advertising, and you need to take the good with the bad when you post on a public message board.

Good luck with your new marker.
www.parts4paintball.com
Support Luke Mansberger & Strange
FSU Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:32 AM #6
Patleeman2
Breakout PBP

MSRP? What are the other specs? Weight w/ barrel?

Is the maintaince simple and fast?

Efficiency?

I'm always interested in new stuff, do you guys have pictures up yet?
Patleeman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 AM #7
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Paintball
Perhaps you missed the insightful posts about users' experiences with this marker and their initial impressions, positive and negative. I'm not saying you deleted the original topic because it had negative opinions about the gun, but it certainly doesn't look very brave of you to do so.

There's crap in every PBN thread because the PBN community is largely composed of prepubescent asstards. But when you deleted your previous thread, you deleted a lot of quality posts, many of which were negative about your marker, many posted by respected members of the paintball R&D community, and deleting that just looks very self-serving. This is news, not advertising, and you need to take the good with the bad when you post on a public message board.

Good luck with your new marker.
My appologies for deleting the good, but as I sifted through the pages I found it hard to find relevance to 95% of what was being said about the *marker* itself, instead it was mostly about who is gonna sue who. And how FEP has hyped the marker. I am the only person who posts on here from FEP and the *followers* stopped hyping long ago after my addendum to the original post over 3 weeks ago...but it was still the major topic of concern on the last 5 pages...so since there was absolutely no relevance at all, I wanted to get the topic back on track as to why this post is even here...information on the Marker itself and the ability for people to ask questions.

I am a firm believer of freedom of speech, if anyone would like to get off the topic of our marker feel free to make a new thread, but in this thread I would like to just answer relevant questions to our company and our marker. It really makes it hard for someone to get informaiton when there is 15 pages and 2 pages of information. 90% of the kids out there will not sift through 15 pages to get 4 or 5 good posts.
I Sincerely appologize to those 4 or 5 posters.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:55 AM #8
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patleeman2
MSRP? What are the other specs? Weight w/ barrel?

Is the maintaince simple and fast?

Efficiency?

I'm always interested in new stuff, do you guys have pictures up yet?
Check original post for msrp and efficiency.

Maintenance is pretty simple. All that is required is lube on the bolt and reg pistons, and once in a while oring replacement and that's about it.

Pics will be up in a sec.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:06 AM #9
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

Not the final grips

These are not our final grips. We have chosen Angel grips because our grips are still being manufacturered. It has taken a little longer to get the grip made than we would have liked, but when they are ready we believe you will really like them. Currently the marker will ship with angel grips, and our grips should be available before christmas. We will supply every owner our grips when we get them at our expense to get them to you.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:28 AM #10
eGån
InMemoryOf MattLuber, Jr.

How is the bolt operated...Is it a spool valve? I'm liking the looks already.

thanks.
eGån is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:26 AM #11
TyphoonX
Sins Erased

Well if it performs anything like it looks I may have to make my DM4 my backup gun .

Now all I have to do it find out where to get one and convince my wife into letting me get one

From the looks I must say all of you a FEP have outdone yourselves.

Basic PB
Christ Krew #246 - Sins Erased - Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
Old +12/-0
TyphoonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:03 AM #12
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyphoonX
Well if it performs anything like it looks I may have to make my DM4 my backup gun .

Now all I have to do it find out where to get one and convince my wife into letting me get one

From the looks I must say all of you a FEP have outdone yourselves.
Thank you.

We will be selling them direct from our website in a couple of days, or you can have your local store call FEP direct and they can set up an account with us to sell, as well. We plan to form some sort of distribution agreement in the near future.

805-896-3389
Old 11-22-2005, 05:04 AM #13
neildepainter
I built YOUR gun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGån

thanks.
Somewhat like a spool valve. I will have pics put up of the breakdown in the near future.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 AM #14
donstaramos

wow the red one looks hot.i like these grips better IMO

Big sale - Events, halo, crossfire tank, profiler, More!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1873695
donstaramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:10 AM #15
ChuckLove
Paintball?

I Smell A Lawsuit...
Looks and Shoots like a shocker...

whos there

not your apex seals....."
ChuckLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:32 AM #16
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGån

thanks.
Like a shocker. Peegee remade both bolts in Solidworks..
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:38 AM #17
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
Vegard is Boss
Quote:
Ok, rate of fire. Is it gonna shoot fast? YES. Is it gonna outshoot the other 5 high end markers on the market? NO. Most every high end marker on the market cycle at a max of around 40ms, and is limited by the solenoid. Our solenoid is capped at around 23bps. So in turn this marker with this setup will not shoot above 23bps.
You will loose alot of the lesser endowed people (brain department) because of that.

Quote:
It will be one of the most efficient markers out. 1400-1500 rds out of 65/4500
That does not compute, at all... tons of the higher end markers get better effiency than that. (shocker isn`t highend and is made by the lawsuiting SP so don`t mention it)

Quote:
Multi-functioning board, PSP, NXL, Ramp, Semi-auto modes
Err, does this thing have millennium\nppl in it? Just saying "ramp" doesn`t help much..
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:40 AM #18
dyefreak315
SystemSteel Paintball

dyefreak315 is a Supporting Member
A buddy of mine has a quest, and we played a 5man last sunday. I have to say that after his Dark Shocker broke down and he started using the quest I noticed a difference in the amount of kills he was getting. From what I observed the quest has great efficiency, amazing weight, and the no-kick accuracy is a great feature. I didnt however like the LPR on the front, I'm used to using a shocker so that might be why, but he didnt seem to mind. I would however have changed the board so it would accept chips from DM4/5/Cs since they are already out.

Mario
dyefreak315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 AM #19
TheHotSauce

looks nice, i might just have to pick one up.

Now to my question, will you be shipping to canada?

and what colors will be available, just those shows or are you planning on something more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLove
I Smell A Lawsuit...
Looks and Shoots like a shocker...
dude just shut up
Old 11-22-2005, 08:52 AM #20
gggplaya
Electronic's Engineer

gggplaya is a Supporting Member
I guess the LPR is the advantange over the shocker. The shocker uses's it's full 180 or so psi to move the bolt back in forth. Quest only use's what's needed less then 100psi. So i'm guessing kick is decreased due to that. Nice. But too rich for me. Maybe if it were $700.

PBN Feedback 16+
EBAY Feedback 73+
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:34 AM #21
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
What other colors will be offered? Red, Blue, Black and ???

Will there be any PBN dealers like other markers had/have? (e.g. Ego)
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
KMA is offline   Reply With Quote