PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-18-2006, 04:41 PM #1
paintnecks
Ooooh Yeah

OT: College

Hey guys since the ST people are just a bunch of pricks i was wondering if anyone knew of some good universities or colleges around Illinois that have good Biology programs and are pretty cheap. Any help would be great. And it would be prefered if they have a paintball team. So far my choices are NIU and UW Platteville
Black Halo with Rip Drive
GZ-1000 Paint Pistol Serial #P11352
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2006, 04:45 PM #2
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
fulnix is an NCPA player
Check out UW-Whitewater, I started the paintball program there in 99 and it's still going strong. Here is a link to the Biology Dept. http://www.uww.edu/factsheets/biology.html

Good Luck

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
Old 01-18-2006, 05:28 PM #3
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

Not sure about paintball programs, but as far as goods schools go: U of MN Twin Cities, UW Milwauke/madison, ISU, St. Johns, UI Springfield, or Depaul.

If Biology is your focus, I highly recomend a State school because larger schools get better grants, and thus have better programs. The only private schools that have good science programs are very very expensive.

Also, I would not look for a school with paintball as a criteria, as most schools give you the option of starting a program, which at a larger school, would not be that hard to find participants.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:36 PM #4
spaceman2141

niu has a paintball team, i think they are alright. but they just play five man. isu is pretty good though. im not really sure of any other schools that play. i think they just play 5-man instead of xball.

you should probably ask this in the college tournament section. you will probably get much more replies

Last edited by spaceman2141 : 01-18-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 09:10 PM #5
paintnecks
Ooooh Yeah

thanks i will prolly hit up the college section next.
Black Halo with Rip Drive
GZ-1000 Paint Pistol Serial #P11352
Old 01-18-2006, 11:03 PM #6
spaceman2141

you know one thing i dont get. people are always sellin there stuff because they are goin to college. why? ive played more at college this year than i did in two years back at home. i love it. i was just wondering about that.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:43 PM #7
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

Well, some people pay for college up front instead of taking out loans, and I could see that causing money shortages. I have over 40k in loans, and expect to cross 100k before I'm done...
Old 01-19-2006, 01:08 AM #8
spaceman2141

honestly, sellin your gear would only get you like maybe a year worth of books. if that. i dont think it is worth it really. it doesnt really get you that much. i would rather use money that i make over the summer to pay for that.

Last edited by spaceman2141 : 01-19-2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:49 AM #9
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

But maybe with some people that is what makes or breaks going to college. Also, depending on the major, some people don't have time to play-especially if you work part time too. My first semester of college when I was a bio major, I didn't have time for anything. I had to spend 20hrs plus a week studying. My Chem class was next to impossible. WE have one of the leading chemists in the country, who has grants from 3M for his research. I have a friend who works in his lab, who makes 20+ dollars an hour as a research assistant who is still in school... His class is impossible.

Also, some people change their lives completely when you get to college. I did. I started pb in college. Don't make assumptions about where they are in life, or what they are doing.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:19 AM #10
waylander382 (Banned)

my parents would rather have me study than paintball and the money earned to pay for w/e is a help to them. Them main thing is it takes away from studyin time in my folks eyes.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:10 AM #11
ovrlnd

I know I took a hiatus for a few years from playing while I was finishing college. Worked two straight jobs and served papers to scum for a lawyer
and various other odd jobs to pay for school with my parents help. I didn't want to take loans. My wife had student loans and we are still paying them
and it is going on 8 years with about 4 years left at that! if you can do it without the loans or minimal loans, imo that is the way to go.

SE Olive Evil Pimp, W.A.S., Full Pipe, CP Shorty Reg, QLock, Critical Trigger & Pin, 25g Switch, Alley Brawl Drop, Halo B/rip w/Custom Giraffe Cover, 68&91/4500 w/Custom Giraffe Cover.

Official Evil Owners Club Member #14
Official Evil Forum Nick-Name: tutty Fruity
Old 01-19-2006, 10:58 AM #12
the.evil.tech

the.evil.tech is a Supporting Member
the.evil.tech works for a Paintball manufacturer
I suggest you go to both of the schools and check out the atmosphere. See which one you fit into better. I have visited NIU many of times and have many friends that have attended there. You do not want to be stuck in Grant towers "Ghetto Grant towers". The elevators in that building are always breaking and going up 9 flights of stairs is a pain. NIU is mostly high rise dorm room towers, but if you get a house or an appartment they are decently priced and most of them are only a 1 to 2 minuite walk from campus. No onto UW I only have visited the white water school but a very cool atmosphere. Very layed back and relaxed. Didn't see any high rise dorms, was just alot more comfortable of an enviroment. Yeah so deffinetly go and check out both of the schools. Look at the kinda conditions you will be living in and don't worry so much about if they have a paintball team or there ranking on the party school lists.
Speak with Certified Techs at:
800-724-6822 ext 539
800-724-6822 ext 541
techsupport@pminetwork.com
Old 01-19-2006, 11:12 AM #13
manhunt21

does michigan have a paintball team cuz im thinkin about goin there.
Rocking the Silver Pimp Evil owners official club member #35
Smoke Veiwloader Vlocity (just got it and will be posting a video soon)
Evil Scion Preset 68 ci 5000 psi Christian Ballers Club Member # 17
proud customer of www.bosspaintballproducts.com BeenPimpSlapped? Official Fan Club Member # 22
Evil Ultra pipe Kit Michigan Ballers Club Member # 2
Detroit stange official fan club member #347 Sacramento XSV official fan club member #630
Old 01-19-2006, 12:14 PM #14
spaceman2141

yes