Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-17-2006, 03:02 PM #1
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
fAllout_oMen plays in the APPA D4 division
omen detents??

How would I put detents in my omen, if possible? What type of detents and equipment would be needed?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2006, 03:04 PM #2
mechanix901234
iammechanix901

dont need them...im not sure if you can and it would to much of a hassle...the cams are fine
Old 01-17-2006, 03:08 PM #3
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
I'd use an insert, like a freak insert and put a detent in it. I'd just take an insert and drill it like you would for a detent in a body and put the detent in. Although the hole would be much more shallow and the back of the detent might need to be shaved off. or you could put a piece of tape in the back of your barrel

mechanix, wtf are you talking about...you might want to refresh your memory...cam arms have nothing to do with detents....you need a barrel kit BECAUSE the omen doesn't have detents, so in a sense you kinda do need them IF you can't get a barrel kit
Old 01-18-2006, 03:26 AM #4
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

While sitting in the shop the other day my gaze towards the drill press grew stronger and stronger. If I don't sell or trade my omen, i'm prob going to drop 200 or 300 bucks in doing just retarded things to it... detents, 15* asa, finishing the trigger i started, front facing gage on 2.0 style lpc (not sure it will look good, but my boss insures me that it is possible, we just might have to start from scratch) possibly changing the metal of the bolt/hammer guide rods, maybe make a new trigger frame... The great thing is that the shop time is free, as long as it's not when i'm actually working. Only cost will be actuall materials, anno if necessary, etc. I'm also looking at replacing the beaver tail disk with either a custom one, or one of the many made for cockers. We have ideas on how to make it work... So, look forward to many possibilites over then next few months if I still have my gun.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:19 PM #5
twichyfingerII (Banned)
elite alien poster #9

why are you selling it?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:37 PM #6
Drox
Bang Bang

Drox is playing at Living Legends III
Yea I'm proly gonna drop a couple big bills into mine, but I'm making it worth while. . . . EP!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:42 PM #7
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
fAllout_oMen plays in the APPA D4 division
I want my omen to be the best it can be, regardless of the $$$ involved. Im prolly gonna get that ton ton style grip frame made by airsin2000, detents or a python barrel compression thing. I saw it in apg, it uses inserts and is about an inch long. It make it so your paint wont roll down the barrel. But I'd rather have detents if possible.
Old 01-18-2006, 03:47 PM #8
BeenPimpSlapped?
Obi-Wan-PIMP-Nobi

BeenPimpSlapped? is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
County paintball sells LAPCO breach sizer for $11 each. Make a good barrel kit for $33!! I've been using them for over ayear with the stock barrel and it works fine. No need for detents.

What does the AirSin2000 frame look like, got a link?
BeenPimpSlapped? Official Fan Club Member #1
Kinda scary that "The.Evil.Tech", the "smart" guy at EVIL can't figure out the double post thing..gotta stop using that ramping mouse..
Offical Jenna Jameson Fan Club Member #1
I'm the forgotten EVIL BETA tester..and PIMP-FU MASTER
Old 01-18-2006, 05:31 PM #9
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by twichyfingerII
why are you selling it?

I think it's time for something new. I'm looking at pimps, soso's ion, a viking, an 05 ego, and a cyborg. I like the looks of the pimp and soso's ion the most. My price range varries quite a lot... so...
Old 01-18-2006, 06:06 PM #10
Innox

A detent in the Omen wouldn't work. Detents are to prevent double feeding but the Omen is closed bolt. So the ball is automatically pushed past the point were the detent would be, like on 'Cockers. What you're thinking of is something like Palmers Wedgits.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 PM #11
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

IF all you use is one barrel, the detents could be modded into the barrel just fine. I can't find it now, but i photoshopped a few in and they looked good.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:33 PM #12
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

They would just have to be pretty soft, I think.