PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-16-2006, 10:41 PM #1
TJoerg

How solid is the Pimp?

I'm thinking about selling my autococker and buying a high end electro. The pimp really catches my eye. I was reading some of the problems people had on PBreview.com, and some of the stuff that has gone wrong in the FAQ thread. I was wondering, how solid is the pimp for someone buying their first high end electro marker? I kno im preeching to a bias crowd, but try to be as honest as possible. I really do baby my equipment, so is this the gun for me?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2006, 10:50 PM #2
spaceman2141

has been a member for 10 years
i went from an a-5 to a pimp. after only one year of playing too. the pimp is extremely easy to work on, to figure out problems, to maintain. it is fast, reliable, consistant, great customer service. i love my pimp. i wouldnt trade it for anything. you can get them really cheap. just be prepared, people or goin to give you **** cuz you own a pimp. a lot of people think pimps are pos. but those are the people that have never shot them and would rather spend a couple hundred or more on another marker that performs about the same.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:01 PM #3
baller779

the pimp is a great gun. It is similar to a timmy, but I dont get some of the things that they did to it (such as the impulse ram) .

*If you're a Jewish baller put this in your sig.*
PBrack.com

my feedbackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1308683
05 speed f/s/t
M5'D ECX F/S/T
Old 01-16-2006, 11:33 PM #4
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

in all honesty i've become quiet a gun whore. i've had omens, pimps, cockers, timmys, trixs, tippys, impulses, spyders. and out of all of them, i miss my pimp the most, well that and my trix, but my trix is down atm, due to me not having any spare o-rings

i loved my pimp, shot amazing all the time...when i wasn't accidently ****ing up the WAS settings lol. they are amazingly accurite, i dunno why, but i can rip **** with them. they got my vote
Old 01-17-2006, 01:00 AM #5
pur3evil
moo

pur3evil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My Pimp has been awesome. Aside from the Detonator regulator, I have had no problems with it. It just flat out rips every time I pull it out of the case. So far, it's proven to be much more reliable than even my friend's 2k5 Timmy. He's currently thinking about selling it for a Pimp.

-Howard
Old 01-17-2006, 04:41 AM #6
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

If you have the money. Get it. The only upgrades YOU might NEED are cosmetic. There are some other upgrades(lpr, ram, shocktech detents) but they aren't NECESSARY.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:56 AM #7
TJoerg

what problem did you have with ur detonator reg?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:16 AM #8
ovrlnd

it would be quite hard to find a marker in the price range that competes with the pimp. they are fast, accurate, easy to maintain and very reliable.
people in the dead zone will not respect you, but after you send them walking their attitude will change. if you have the money I say get it. plus I think boss is still offering the pimp and a tank deal for like $600! you cannot go wrong. maintenance is really simple and you cannot be evil's customer service. if you are worried about it being breakable don't.

SE Olive Evil Pimp, W.A.S., Full Pipe, CP Shorty Reg, QLock, Critical Trigger & Pin, 25g Switch, Alley Brawl Drop, Halo B/rip w/Custom Giraffe Cover, 68&91/4500 w/Custom Giraffe Cover.

Official Evil Owners Club Member #14
Official Evil Forum Nick-Name: tutty Fruity
Old 01-17-2006, 02:22 PM #9
Zeoalex
POLAR BEAR...ENGAGE!!!

Zeoalex plays in the APPA D4 division
Zeoalex has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zeoalex has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zeoalex has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
the pimp is a really solid gun, it was my first highend electro and i am very pleased. I have had a few questions (i got mine used) for evil, and they helped me immeadetly, nice people and good cs.
it can keep up with any other gun at a higher price.
-Alex

Zodiac Paintball Coming Soon
حي على الفلاح

Timmy Clan! President!
Old 01-17-2006, 03:27 PM #10
pur3evil
moo

pur3evil owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJoerg
what problem did you have with ur detonator reg?
You can read about them here (this was my second thread, a link to the first can be found on it). http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1186431

Mainly, the one that came with my Pimp lasted about 3,000 shots. Then the seat seal self-distructed, and I had no pressure going into my marker. I called up Evil, and they said they'd ship out the replacement parts right away... However, it took a while, so I went ahead and ordered another Det. The second one is when I started the thread posted above. It had a different piston inside, which would not allow me to lower the pressure to 150psi (which is what my Pimp runs on the HPR). I finally rebuilt the first one, and put the second on my Wrath (which worked great @250psi). About a month later, the one I rebuilt for my Pimp started to creep wildly, from about 150psi to 300psi!! I pulled it apart, and cannot find anything wrong with it. So I gave up on them.

They seem to work great when they DO work, but they just haven't been reliable for me. Other people have had no problems with their Dets...

-Howard
Old 01-17-2006, 04:33 PM #11
©® CB
Team ©alculated ®isk

I hated my Detonator. Got wild velocity fluctuations. I did everything in my power trying to remedy the situation myself to no avail. I SWEAR the seat seal looked to be in pristine condition. I finally broke down and sent my marker in. Exactly one week later I got my Pimp back shooting ±3 using mid-grade paint and now my only complaint about the "Hand Grenade" is that she's a fatty. I'd stick with it, but gettin a new anno job to match my future color scheme is going to cost as much as another reg - I'd rather have two regs than one so I'll probably purchase an ST or CP to replace it and keep the 'nade in my kit as a back-up.
New frame w/Blue single blade & Dye Checker panels
Full pipe with blue 14" Stiffi
Z code Halo B w/rip
Shocktech mini-drop
Centerflag Hyperflow 68/4500

Last edited by ©® CB : 01-17-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:31 PM #12
TJoerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ©® CB
I hated my Detonator. Got wild velocity fluctuations. I did everything in my power trying to remedy the situation myself to no avail. I SWEAR the seat seal looked to be in pristine condition. I finally broke down and sent my marker in. Exactly one week later I got my Pimp back shooting ±3 using mid-grade paint and now my only complaint about the "Hand Grenade" is that she's a fatty. I'd stick with it, but gettin a new anno job to match my future color scheme is going to cost as much as another reg - I'd rather have two regs than one so I'll probably purchase an ST or CP to replace it and keep the 'nade in my kit as a back-up.
Ok gunna sound like a noob here, what do u mean by hand grenade?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:32 PM #13
TJoerg

CP reg for pimp

what CP reg would u buy for a pimp, sorry for all of the noob questions guys.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:02 PM #14
spaceman2141

hand grenade=detonator, looks kinda like a hand grenade i guess. you can get any cp reg i believe, i dont think there is certain one you should get.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:54 PM #15
©® CB
Team ©alculated ®isk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman2141
hand grenade=detonator, looks kinda like a hand grenade i guess. you can get any cp reg i believe, i dont think there is certain one you should get.
I didn't come up with the hand grenade moniker. Can't remember where I read it first, but beer came out my nose when I did. It may have been at Ballers Inc.

The CP's come in different lengths and with or without gauge ports and several different colors. They're widely available and I personally know ±1 ton of people who own them and I haven't heard a single one of those people complain about them. Maybe a shy bit short of the Det's performance, but at probably half the weight. Ross at BPP tells me that the ST is the same reg with different milling. Dunno if it has the same size and configuration options as the CP but apparently is internally identical.

I'm planning on gettint Hybrid's LPR, too, also for weight savings. With those two changes and milling by Dave, I'll shut the negativity I hear down (nobody talks sh*t about the performance any more, but they all still call my marker a fatty though I've been hard pressed to find very many markers that were significantly lighter).
New frame w/Blue single blade & Dye Checker panels
Full pipe with blue 14" Stiffi
Z code Halo B w/rip
Shocktech mini-drop
Centerflag Hyperflow 68/4500
Old 01-17-2006, 07:15 PM #16
Red Eye
Custom Knife Maker

CB......you said it as good as I ever could and I have the same opinion about the whole weight thing.
A PIMP with a little trim......what will the critics have left to argue?
Old 01-17-2006, 07:18 PM #17
ovrlnd

get the cp shorty. very small and compact I love mine

SE Olive Evil Pimp, W.A.S., Full Pipe, CP Shorty Reg, QLock, Critical Trigger & Pin, 25g Switch, Alley Brawl Drop, Halo B/rip w/Custom Giraffe Cover, 68&91/4500 w/Custom Giraffe Cover.

Official Evil Owners Club Member #14
Official Evil Forum Nick-Name: tutty Fruity