PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-16-2006, 03:45 PM #1
hypertrophyy

Indoor Reball Field $$$$

how much is the average for charge to play in an indoor reballfield? includeing field fee compressed air, not rentals?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2006, 04:36 PM #2
big_pimpin

300 bucks every 4 hours

HK SUPPORT
ion
EGG 2
TRAMA ROCKS
Old 01-16-2006, 04:37 PM #3
big_pimpin

oooooops 30 not 300 wow that whould suck

HK SUPPORT
ion
EGG 2
TRAMA ROCKS
Old 01-16-2006, 04:37 PM #4
Shocker.

At The Bunker in Flint, MI, I payed $35 for entry, all day air, and unlimited reballs.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:35 PM #5
Muppet
Get Down With The Muppet!

Muppet is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I think it is $40 here, for a 2hour session.

I SUPPORT THE 'NATION

{Buy With Confidence}
I AM B/S/T Trusted
My FeedBack
Owner Of www.pbdamage.com
Old 01-16-2006, 07:50 PM #6
hypertrophyy

do people like it? what r the pro/cons
Old 01-16-2006, 07:59 PM #7
Shocker.

Pros-

No Mess
Unlimited Paint
Unlimited Air

Cons-

Cheating- Easily Taken Care of by bonus ball
Refs are skeptical sometimes
Can take some time to get the reballs back to you.
Only use their pods (not a big deal there decent)
Old 01-16-2006, 11:03 PM #8
hypertrophyy

so if you pay $35 for all day would you guys who have played reball rather do that or pay $20 for air and field + $50 for good paint.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:02 PM #9
big_pimpin

where i live it is very cold so i would play reball any chance for 30 bucks man i hate the cost of paint shure i play with real paint all the time it is just reball is the way to go here

HK SUPPORT
ion
EGG 2
TRAMA ROCKS
Old 01-17-2006, 04:04 PM #10
BIGRED20

I work at a reball feild and its $20 for 2 hours and that includes air. Also I do agree above about the cons of reball it does take awhile to get reballs back to players since games just go non stop sometimes and cheating is a pain. At our feild you use your own pods but we try and limit you to using a hopper and 1 pod.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:48 PM #11
hypertrophyy

so i take it that reball is more of an honor system. can you guys use paint indoor and be able to clean it up ok? what cleaning techniques do the use?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:57 PM #12
rcxpaintball (Banned)
Banned

Heres how my pricing system breaks down

My normal charges:
Entry to facility and complex [IE the grounds] - 10$
All day Air - $7
Reball Fields Entry Fee - $3
Reball Rental - $50

Prices with team cards:
Entry - 5$
All Day Air - 5$
Reball Fields Entry Fee - 0$
Reball Rental - 25$

Prices with gift card/VIP card:
Entry - 0$
All day Air - 5$
Reball Entry - 0$
Reball Rental - 25$

Each player is allowed four hours on reball fields, after that time they are allowed to play on other fields, but not return to the reball fields unless they repay for acess and rental.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:55 PM #13
hypertrophyy

how many fields do you have and how many players on an average do you have if you dont mind me asking?? thanx for the info rcx!!

anyway the scoop is is i live here in Houston and my favorite paintball field is selling their property so they r closing down. So I started dreaming of my own pb field for fun. Texas has a lot of pb fields but tournies arent as big as the rest of the US. i believe that is because the sport isn't promoted as well down here. I would like to be able to make a good centralized area for Houston’s speedball players and do it with nice facilities. in about a year ill have about 150 to 200k (and more if we do joint-ownership) to work with and am trying to figure what it’ll end up costing for the upkeep (taxes, insurance, lease, licence, equipment, etc.) I know that a project like this might take a much more $ but I figure that amount would make a great down payment. I have friends in real-estate and they r going to help me find an abandoned grocery store or something big with ac and put in cooling stations. im planning for a fully stocked proshop with variety of pro to beginner products, concessions, repair shop and hire a qualified and experienced gun tech. im thinking if i pull +600 players (100 per weekend and at least 50 for weekdays) and get a minimum of $40 per player ill be doing ok, but maybe not. also we would run Thursday through Sunday (the proshop open 7 days a week and private team practices on Monday through Wednesday). That’s a guesstimated $24,000 a month to work with and im sure after all expenses it possible that $ wont be enough. so im fully open to any criticism on this idea. im going to advertise with tv, radio, fliers, and local forums. id like to host events. I believe the more affordable you make the sport the bigger it will get. Give the people nice affordable facilities and good advertising with lots of pr too = good turnout. People with experience what do yall think.

ps. also have a friemdi could pay to make and run a website. also run an online store under diff name...

Last edited by hypertrophyy : 01-17-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:11 PM #14
rcxpaintball (Banned)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy
how many fields do you have and how many players on an average do you have if you dont mind me asking?? thanx for the info rcx!!

anyway the scoop is is i live here in Houston and my favorite paintball field is selling their property so they r closing down. So I started dreaming of my own pb field for fun. Texas has a lot of pb fields but tournies arent as big as the rest of the US. i believe that is because the sport isn't promoted as well down here. I would like to be able to make a good centralized area for Houston’s speedball players and do it with nice facilities. in about a year ill have about 150 to 200k (and more if we do joint-ownership) to work with and am trying to figure what it’ll end up costing for the upkeep (taxes, insurance, lease, licence, equipment, etc.) I know that a project like this might take a much more $ but I figure that amount would make a great down payment. I have friends in real-estate and they r going to help me find an abandoned grocery store or something big with ac and put in cooling stations. im planning for a fully stocked proshop with variety of pro to beginner products, concessions, repair shop and hire a qualified and experienced gun tech. im thinking if i pull +600 players (100 per weekend and at least 50 for weekdays) and get a minimum of $40 per player ill be doing ok, but maybe not. also we would run Thursday through Sunday (the proshop open 7 days a week and private team practices on Monday through Wednesday). That’s a guesstimated $24,000 a month to work with and im sure after all expenses it possible that $ wont be enough. so im fully open to any criticism on this idea. im going to advertise with tv, radio, fliers, and local forums. id like to host events. I believe the more affordable you make the sport the bigger it will get. Give the people nice affordable facilities and good advertising with lots of pr too = good turnout. People with experience what do yall think.

ps. also have a friemdi could pay to make and run a website. also run an online store under diff name...
Whoa easy hey now!

Spell check and using grammar (and spacing things out so its easier to read is goooooood)

Anyhow.

We have (now with our expansion) six indoor fields [the wonders of owning a large area of land that you can build on]. Only three of these are Re-Ball, the other two are paint only and the other area I tend to use for storage of crap.

Outdoor is a whole nother beast. We have no re-ball out door fields, and all of the rest are paint only.

Average per day is tough, weekends are usually peak and weekdays are slow. It varies week to week and month to month, if I had to choose a number I would say in the region of 50-150 people per day [depending on how busy or slow it is] but at times it drops down to 10-25 people. Its really hard to guage a figure because it is so speratic.

Last edited by rcxpaintball : 01-18-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:56 PM #15
Muppet

I dunno I like the idea of you using Re-Ball indoor, because I know when I lived in Az and when I vist my Grandmother in Harlegen, and cousins in Sanger, that it can get hot and that would be plus to have air-conditioning. Really it all go's with how cheap you can afford to go those first months. I know it seems stupid, but most customers either stay or go in the first 3 months. The top reason they go is that they think that the price is going to stay jacked up, when in reality the owner is just trying to break-even. I just read this on Entrepreneur.com and they said that it is somtimes best for you to allow yourself to take a large hit the first month of business, and then slowly raise your prices to wear you need to be at. This is a major risk that you could lose it all. It is just another way of maybe drawing in your players. Just an idea thats all!

I know there are alot of people in Texas, and many of them would probably think its pretty cool, that they can go with friends in their regualar close and not get nailed with paint. It is all really location in Texas. If your in downtown Houston your not going to do so well. But set it in a suburb, and you get all of the rich people looking for a good time with the family. You will maximize profit in the suburbs, due to the larger cash-flow, and half the people like to do somthing exciting on the weekends to forget about their 9-5 and their 6 digit salary. Just my 2 cents!

Good Luck
Muppet

I SUPPORT THE 'NATION

{Buy With Confidence}
I AM B/S/T Trusted
My FeedBack
Old 01-18-2006, 04:01 PM #16
hypertrophyy

i expect the first month or 2 to be a loss and then start getting more to par in the following months. if everything works out i was even thinking of makeing the first 2 weekends free unless i do paint too. they would have to pay for paint of course. i believe with 6 months of preopen advertising starting with flyers. then doing a few simple commercials on mtv or espn right after school or after dinner several weeks prior to opening would be great. but after doing these along with other methods you will get a decent turnout. i agree you will find out if your going to sink or float in the first few months by who stays and who leaves. and i wouldnt plan to make a true profit for a year or 2, thats why they call it an investment. i would like to keep prices as low as possible and in the gun shop a rule would be free maintenance on all store baught guns. paint would be cheap too.

i also believe that if noobs came to battle with the next gen of rentals (ions) with nitro and halo's the sport would be more accepting to them. if you think about it those kids with the spyders and tipps hate playing against guys with dm's. with an ion you can at least feel like you can hang. and you dont have to shell out $300 for the gun, $140 for the loader, $100 for the nitro tank to be competitive you first day of playing. not every kid is spoiled and not every person that would love to play can afford to be competitive. A rental package like that would domanate over other local fields. i believe field and store owners should make the first step in a new direction to attract new players and it will even out the yin/yang of the price war over manufactor/store/field. this ties into many other threads so im not going futher on this.

a good analogy might be to think of when you were younger and went to a roller skating rink. not every kid has a dady and not every moma can afford a pair of rollerskates but she could shell out 5 bucks for the rental. and if you got the upgrade you kickes ***! the same goes for bowling. they provide. im not saying that fields dont try to provide that with basic tipps but they cant hang with speedball and everybody knows that or they quickly find out. so like reball.tv, i believe they have a good and new concept going. but after thinking and reading i think its best to have both reball and paint fields.

to me this is the future of paintballing and without new growth, there wont be more money or mainstream spotlight. without those 2 things the prices wont drop. pricedrop = growth im not trying to get rich or anything of the sort, im in love with the sport and want to see speedball go a far as it can. i know that id be lucky to break even. but hey its good thinking right?

sorry for my e-slang

Last edited by hypertrophyy : 01-18-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:14 PM #17
Muppet

I am liking where you are going with this, I think your idea for Ion's as rentals is great, because they are very simple and can be worked on with ease. I think that maybe you should stay away from TV till you have a good cash flow because last time I check Tv advertisements are very expensive. But a good spot to put it is right when sportscenter comes on in the morning.

I like How you Think.

Do you have actual money to do this or are you going thru Bank/ Investors?
Do you have a business plan yet? Visit the MEGA thread, my keys to a Business plan is in there.

I SUPPORT THE 'NATION

{Buy With Confidence}
I AM B/S/T Trusted
My FeedBack
Old 01-18-2006, 05:04 PM #18
hypertrophyy

my money/investors/banks

this is an idea. if nobody flames it i will take it to the drawing board. i dont mind shareing my idea's because it will happen sooner or later and its good for the sport it can help everybody think for the future. hey if somebody feels like they r more qualified to take a crack at this, go for it. i wouldnt mind helping run it either hehe.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:12 PM #19
Tayo (Banned)
I own a Pump Blade.

In colombia I pay 35.000.oo pesos, thats like 13 dolares
It includes air and reballs unlimited, and I can play all day.

See you at the snake
Old 01-18-2006, 06:49 PM #20
geniusdeano
Virginia Tech Alumni

geniusdeano supports Cereal Killerz 2
geniusdeano is an NCPA player
geniusdeano supports Pev's Paintball
geniusdeano plays in the APPA D4 division
hypertrophyy,
it sounds like ur ideas are great, esp. about the upgraded rentals. I get so tired of seeing noobs leave the sport after their first speedball run where they get lite up by DM4's, etc. Some of us tournament players like to look down on noobs, but we were all noobs once and they fuel the sport's future.
Sounds like ur business plan is sound, and good luck with ur plans.
DYE NT OLED BOARD FST For STOCK BOARD
Old 01-21-2006, 09:12 PM #21
pezhed13

Well i payed $25 for entry and air, plus unlimited reballs.