PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-20-2006, 12:16 AM #1
Spamurai

Question Blazer and the Q-loader

Need some advice again, to all you PPS experts out there. I just bought my first Blazer, left feed, and have a Q-loader attached. Taking it out to play the first time, I ran into a problem where it loads 2 balls at once.

So I'm test firing on the chrono and every couple of shots the velocity drops from a very consistent 275-280 to about 135 when it fires 2 rounds. No discernable pattern, and no other issues. Is this me just fat fingering the trigger? Is the Q-loader feeding with too much pressure somehow?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2006, 08:17 PM #2
Pvt. Jackson
Mission Masters

It could be liek you said too much pressure or short stroking. It could also be a wedgit issue or even small bore paint going past the wedgits. Try it with a different brand of paint. If it still does it, try a regular force-feed hopper. If it still does it, and you're sure you aren't short stroking, then you mught need to send it in to Palmers for some barrel work. Call them first though.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:04 PM #3
hellion360

I would say you have a detent problem. Most likely the paint is small combined with a detent too weak for the pressure on your ball stack.

old pbn feedback
Old 01-21-2006, 12:48 PM #4
Bthang

Try less prewinds.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:57 PM #5
409novaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthang
Try less prewinds.
Agree..
Tune your prewind, you have too much pressure..
Old 01-21-2006, 04:26 PM #6
hs2000
Pumper for Life.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellion360
I would say you have a detent problem. Most likely the paint is small combined with a detent too weak for the pressure on your ball stack.
That is what I was going to say.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:42 AM #7
Spamurai

Prewinds...?

Hmm, the manual says 12 to 16 pre-winds, I went with 14 I think. It does continue to double feed throughout a 100 round Q-pod, not just during the beginning where the spring pressure is greatest, but I'll probably give it a try.

First off I'll get myself a hopper and try without the Q-loader to elimiate it as a problem. Just waiting for the Bay Area weather to improve now so I can get some practice time going. :-)
Old 01-23-2006, 06:26 PM #8
Bthang

Well...the hopper idea seems good...but again that depends on the type of hopper. A force fed hopper might give you the same problem (which is what a Qloader essentially is, a force feeder).

Thinking back, it may be a timing/pressure issue. The bolt staying open too long and allowing the double feed...(can anyone understand this?)...
Old 01-24-2006, 04:36 AM #9
sgt-spam

sgt-spam is a Supporting Member
Unless there'ves been some adjustments made, shouldn't the marker have come 'functional' from PPS?

At any rate...

Spamurai, gas up the marker like you're supposed to, but rather than letting go of the trigger, push on the block that attaches to your bolt. Is it super hard to move? If so, you might need to reduce the pressure on your Rock regulator a little.

That high pressure could also make the bolt stay open / trigger stay back when firing - but I didn't see you mention that.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:48 PM #10
hs2000
Pumper for Life.

Quote:
Thinking back, it may be a timing/pressure issue. The bolt staying open too long and allowing the double feed...(can anyone understand this?)...
Good idea, but that is why the blazer has two detents, one to limit foward movement and another to limit rear movement.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:41 PM #11
Bthang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hs2000
Good idea, but that is why the blazer has two detents, one to limit foward movement and another to limit rear movement.
Yes, but that doesn't stop the bolt from staying open longer than it has to.

I would try the above suggestion to lower the Rock pressure a little or again, less pre-winds on the Qloader.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 AM #12
hs2000
Pumper for Life.

Quote:
Yes, but that doesn't stop the bolt from staying open longer than it has to.

I would try the above suggestion to lower the Rock pressure a little or again, less pre-winds on the Qloader.
Plamers designed the blazers bolt to move farther back then it has to. This was to help get rid of short stroking because even if you didn't pull the trigger all the way the bolt could still clear. This is why the dual detents are needed, keep in mind they are not accross from each other but one in front of the other. I can tell you don't own a blazer and did not understand what I was saying in my last post. I hope this clears things up.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:16 AM #13
BlazinJoe

I can get my blazer to double feed if the sear doesnt catch the bolt and I pull the trigger a second time it will feed another round without firing. This can happen if there's not enough pressure coming through the rock but it's enough to move the bolt back some just not far enough. So if your pulling the trigger and you hear it move twice without firing, this might be all it is (if so just turn up the rock a bit).

Btw, that's a nice looking blazer setup you have there! Very stealthy
Old 01-31-2006, 11:29 PM #14
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
You can try tightening down the front ball detent and maybe even the rear a bit, dont do it too much or you will have the bolt scraping on the metal of the ball detent which of course, its not desirable.

Im sure you can fix it and i doubt its a timing problem, its not like its an autococker <tehehehehe>