PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-09-2006, 10:12 PM #1
paintonmeboard

Question Custom Omen....should I?????

I am planing on UPing my Omen 2.0 in the near future with some carefully picked out items to make it look cool and work cooler.....First I'm thinking about dyeing the cocking rod and the two beavertail rods red and on the EVIL cover plate on the cams have the letters red but the rest of the cover still black.....Any reason I shouldn't do this??(i.e voided warrenty, will break gun, etc.).....I also have an idea on how to do this but other ideas would help me out too......
Thanks

"Originally posted by sdomen: Then, when none of this works, makes sure you're not a total douche bag and check to see if you have air in your tank...."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2006, 10:26 PM #2
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

well these parts should be annoed, and the cocking rod and the beaver tails will get scratched easily.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:30 PM #3
paintonmeboard

hmm...ok...how much for that kind of anno job.....4 pieces i think.....very minor?......any other ideas and reasons?????

"Originally posted by sdomen: Then, when none of this works, makes sure you're not a total douche bag and check to see if you have air in your tank...."
Old 01-09-2006, 10:34 PM #4
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports Empire
i dont think it would void your warranty if you anno'd it

if you want to make a custom gun, the id suggest an ion(BLASPHAMY) or cocker, there more in your ball park

im just like you, and i wanted to up my gun to, and i wouldnt exactly say the omen is the best gun for that
Old 01-09-2006, 10:40 PM #5
paintonmeboard

ya.....looking into a cocker to tinker with for later on....more like when i get a good job and what not......but ya granted the omen doesnt have many upgrades available i figured i could get at least something half way cool out of it.....and also....do yall think that that minor of an anno job could be done by someone like...lets see......me??

Old 01-09-2006, 10:48 PM #6
Pakistani
VCU Rams

Pakistani is a Paintball photographer
Pakistani is an NCPA player
Pakistani is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Pakistani is Boss
Pakistani supports Empire
unless you have any previous experience
i would recommend it, fbm does it for like 50-75 bucks for like 6 peices or something like that
Old 01-10-2006, 04:09 AM #7
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

I just realized you have me in your sig. Props goes to you... I would look into a cocker-you can get a used vert cocker for hella cheap, and you could keep it mech, so it's a backup, woodsball, when you're poor and still want to play on 7.4353 dollars kind of gun...
Old 01-10-2006, 05:17 PM #8
paintballa4jesus (Banned)

if urs is black, do like i did. i got a red feedneck, red trigger, and red detonator, and red macroline along with other red parts. look sooo sweet
Old 01-10-2006, 06:30 PM #9
THEBETTERONE
Ruthless

THEBETTERONE is a Supporting Member
the beavertail rods are stainless steel, you can't annodize them, be careful not to strip the screws holding the beaver tail plate on, they have either red or green threadlocker on them, they are extremely tight from what I've seen.

Cornerstone Machine Need a quote?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 PM #10
paintonmeboard

sdomen: Ya that was hilarious....the second I read that i was like...thats going in my sig....and thats what I was thinking about getting the cocker for

Paintballa4Jesus: I am planing on doing something like that to my omen..hence the cover plate letters and rods wanting to be red

THEBETTERONE: Oh....I didnt know that...ok....is the cocking rod able to color though??......and it makes me sad to hear no more Omen triggers....I was really planing on buying of of them beauties......but at least your going on to a good cause.......havent done buisness with or really talked to you but you will be missed.....

Old 01-10-2006, 09:20 PM #11
THEBETTERONE
Ruthless

THEBETTERONE is a Supporting Member
Off the top of my head I can't name any stainless steel coloring processes, not sure if there is or isn't any.

thanks for the kind words.

Cornerstone Machine Need a quote?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:52 AM #12
ovrlnd

there is a process to make the stainless black. I cannot recall what it is called. I would have to call my buddy and ask the technical name for it.
he had some special part done for a machine he was building. i do know it was high-dollar.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:13 PM #13
paintballa4jesus (Banned)

i think you can powdercoat stainless steel, but i think its a lil pricey...not really sure
Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 AM #14
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

powder coating isn't really that spendy. Local metal shops and some auto body places can do it for you. That small of a part would be cheap. But you have to make sure they don't coat the threads, and that it won't get to think to go through the rubber in the inner block. Powder coating does add some thickness to the material. When I built my bike a few years back, the powder coating added enough thickness to make some parts not line up perfectly.....
Old 01-17-2006, 06:00 PM #15
reloaded689

poweder coating is to britel it would scrach right off the rod as the block slides it back/it slides though the inner block plus the thick ness could bend/jam the block and pecies of it would get in behind the hammer and that would not good/possibile distroy the marker id just get the tail hard coated at a body shop

and acid dip the cocking rod but i dont know where you could get that done (just turns the metal dark gray/almost black kids in cnc and enginering class at a local trade school told me about it) might be the same thing ovrlnd was talking about