Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-23-2002, 04:57 PM #1
Proballer6

Proballer6 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Attn Brass Eagle Owners

THIS IS NOT A FLAME!!!!

Im not bashing Brass eagle but I do disagree with their quality of merchandise they make. The talons and the blades are not a paintball marker which should be sold just anywhere. Although I do give brass eagle respect for trying to put an affordable beginner marker on the market its also a way of putting a marker in the hands on either a hooligan trying to shoot up the neigborhood or someone who just isnt educated about our sport. Dont get me wrong these markers do get people into the sport but the way they market them is all wrong. Places such as Kmart or Walmart should NOT have these markers in stock. They should be sold by people who know the sport and can completly explain the pros and cons of the marker and the safety of our sport. I work in a paintball store and whenever someone buys a first marker I give them a 20 minute safety talk about the do's and don'ts of paintball. This you dont get at kmart or walmart. I also make sure they have goggles before i even sell them the marker. Ive seen many people also hurt by Brass Eagle paintballs, they have a plastic shell rather than a geletan like the norm. Ive seen people horribly cut due to the shell. I also am a gun tech at my store and i feel bad when people bring in their BE markers and they ruined it not knowing how to use it, clean it, or work on it because they purchaced it at some Walmart or online somewhere. Im not saying that i completly hate brass eagle, im saying they should market it better only at paintball stores and step the quality up a little and possibly use metal for the guns, countless times, kids come into my store with broken pump arms on their blade. But i guess you get what you pay for. Lets here an owners opinion.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:41 AM #2
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

Ok, I appreciate the respectful way you put things. It's nice to have a discussion and not a flame war sometimes. But Brass Eagle paint is made from gelatin JUST like every other paint. It WILL dissolve in water. Just try it. I've gotten cuts from Diablo paint before, my friend had a NASTY perfect circle that was totally cut and bleeding from Worr paint coming out of a marker shooting 240. Things like that happen I can't explain why, they just do. Must be the way the ball hits. Second, what about BB guns? Can you tell me you ever wore goggles when you fired your bb guns? I never EVER did, or when I fired rifles and shotguns in my yard either(I lived in the country and we owned MANY acres where we hunted also) Now if some kid wants to put out a window and can't buy a paintball gun what are they gonna buy? A BB gun, Pellet gun, Airsoft gun. Now you get where Im going? A slingshot, Baseball bat... it doesn't matter. They put appropriate warnings on the box, and you can't hold a company responsible for misuse or injury due to misuse. I've seen people play without goggles with Spyders, Rebels, and one time a shocker. It happens, nothing you can do but set an example and try to coach new players like you say you do(Which I commend you for, more shop employees should do this)

Gerbil
Old 09-24-2002, 07:11 PM #3
Proballer6

Proballer6 is a Supporting Member
this is what i like to see an open forum without people going nuts i dont have time now but ill post again
Old 09-24-2002, 07:43 PM #4
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

Brass Eagle puts little flyers in every gun box about paintball safety, but is it their fault if kids dont read them and just go out and play? In that case I would say it is more of the parents fault for buying the kid the gun and setting them loose(I say that only because you have to be 18 to buy a paintball gun at WalMart).

Also if they have a problem with the gun, they're stupid for taking it to a shop when they can just return it for a new gun. I know thats abusing the walmart system, but its the truth.

As for the paint, BE paint is actually pretty good when its fresh and not sitting on the walmart shelf for months. Its made from the exact same materials on the exact same machine as the other paint guys, so how could it be horrible? Also, I had to get stitches in my lower lip from where a ProBall shell came through my mask and cut it.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 09-24-2002, 11:36 PM #5
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
hmmm. If your buying BE paint, then its not fresh. BE paint hasnt been made in a year or so....

If you get confused just listen to the music play.
Old 09-25-2002, 01:18 AM #6
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

Is that how it works scott? They make GIANT batches for walmart once a year?
Old 09-25-2002, 10:01 AM #7
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
no, they stopped making BE paint years ago. Its all VL and JT paint now.

They stopped making topbrass 2 years ago, same with the white box BE paint.

Walmart just had so much left over they are still selling, and most likley they bought all the left over paint from BE.

If you get confused just listen to the music play.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:19 PM #8
jetstorm66
Hatchet Ryda

Brass Eagle sux

but I love my Rainmaker

am I a hypocrite?
Old 09-25-2002, 03:20 PM #9
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

Wow, Guess I learn something new everyday... I can't believe that wally worlds stock piles are so large they're still selling 2 year old paint.

Gerbil
Old 09-25-2002, 03:45 PM #10
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

If you've ever seen one of the distribution centers that stocks for surrounding stores it would be more believeable. I swear it takes like 5 minutes just to drive by one of those bad boys.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 10-14-2002, 01:32 AM #11
PunkMartyr
I'll hide behind a smile

I own 3 blades and now a marauder. As you ended your initial statement with, you get what you pay for. I will say this though the vulcan performs just as good as the blade but at least the blade has some class just off looks. I have hosted a few paintball games previously with just blades and vulcans and found them to be very fun. To outfit my friends I made a sizeable investment in guns and masks so guns like blade or talon fit the budget, as did masks like the cheap BE Z force. In actuallity I have recuped my costs thanks to having more fun gaming with my friends and therefore not having to go to expensive paintball sites and getting raped on paint, rentals etc. I mean i'm not knocking it if thats your cup of tea great but me I'd rather get 8 of my friends together (who would not pay to play paintball) and have a wonderful time frolicking in the snow not being able to hit jack unless I sneak up on my friend or play my cards just right. Like one thing I recall about playing this way is being able to run from tree to tree and having paintballs flying by me very close, and quite dangerously as far as me possibly getting out, but not being like a no chance in hell of not getting hit situation. Some of the guns on the rental fields are so accurate you really have no choice but to bunker or sit behind a pallet because running just aint happening. I guess its all preference. I consider myself to be a casual paintballer, but i'm sure there are some hardcore brass eagle paintballers.
Old 10-14-2002, 01:39 AM #12
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

OK, Tell me you just didn't use the word frolick..... That is the last thing I'd do on a paintball field Just givin ya grief man.

Gerbil
Old 10-14-2002, 10:51 AM #13
PunkMartyr
I'll hide behind a smile

Smile

Yes dude I frolick I frolick when i'm running from tree to tree, I frolick when I do a running slide through the snow to get behind a bush for cover, and I frolick when i'm shimmying down a snowy (and unfortunately last time thorn bush covered) hill. Oh and I frolick when me and my friend are like 15 feet apart but there are a bunch of bushes between us that keep breaking the balls before they can reach us.

Da dada dadada woo
Old 10-15-2002, 08:20 PM #14
automagsrule
LOIC

Annual Supporting Member
You and i are alike, except when i use my BE gun. The difference is instead of frolicking, I OWN. Stingrays rule the world.

Note: Its nice to enter a thread that doesn't have some sort of attackon on BE in all caps with no reason why BE factories shouuld be burned down, or all BE owners should be shot. I hope this is the direction that this forum is going.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 11-28-2002, 11:32 PM #15
pI 205
That's a Scary Bubble

well, you get what you pay for man...
my cocker has to be constantly timed... does that make wgp brand bad?
(actually, im not a fan of wgp customer service)
Old 11-29-2002, 02:28 AM #16
automagsrule
LOIC

Annual Supporting Member
pi 205, no one I've ever met is. and yes, cockers suck ***.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
Old 11-29-2002, 09:04 AM #17
jetstorm66
Hatchet Ryda

Quote:
Originally posted by Proballer6

. I also am a gun tech at my store and i feel bad when people bring in their BE markers and they ruined it not knowing how to use it, clean it, or work on it because they purchaced it at some Walmart or online .
this is owner error. It is not up to the company to teach buyer on how to use...anything they purchase, paintball stores do it out of courtesy and love of the sport. I'm pretty sure can go into home depot and get a chain saw with out a safety lesson 101. It is up the buyer to read the owners manual before using the item purchased to unsure safety and satisfaction. I haven't bought a new marker lately but I'm pretty sure its written all over the box! "read owners manual before operating"

Quote:
Originally posted by pI 205
well, you get what you pay for man...
my cocker has to be constantly timed... does that make wgp brand bad?
(actually, im not a fan of wgp customer service)
like how often? I find a yearly tweak on the timing rod, tighten all the screws, clean, and a tighten on the valve jam nut does me great and that's all I gotta do. Once a year... and I think every marker should be broken down and cleaned once a year.

so what keeps coming loose on your cocker pl 205?

Quote:
Originally posted by automagsrule
pi 205, no one I've ever met is. and yes, cockers suck ***.

cocker bashing...on a brass eagle board....to much LOL

a gun is a gun is an gun. Yes B.E. as a company blows goat cheese out of its nose but the RM is a nice peace of work. And the support I get from the B.E.'s owners group... screw B.E. I don't need em.

And to end this I really don't understand the big deal w/ Wal-Mart stocking paintball gear. I think that's a good thing actually. And I also think that no matter where a kid gets a marker... if he plains on doing drive buys.. he's gonna do it.

I don't think places like Wal-Mart or Kmart or even Canadian Tire sell to under agers. But if they do it is not the fault of the suppliers that the vendors ignore the sales guidelines, its the idiot vendors.

I guess my question is.(price is not the issue) " if Wal-Mart stocked angles, and kids bought them to do drive buys...is it WDP's fault?

so to conclude this thread... ppl to hate for this issue

1. idiot vendor selling RM to 15 year old punk
2. idiot 15 year old punk pulling drive buys in the smoking section at school
3. me for responding to a two month old post (cant help it board at work!)
Old 11-29-2002, 04:35 PM #18
Kevmaster
Owners Group Div:Director

i give you all a large applause. i went away for thursday, and i come back now, and im thinking..."omg...what have i let loose"...but i get here and everything is so civil like...outstanding!
Old 11-29-2002, 07:29 PM #19
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Talking Well Hal B I guess you just proved that

No one is untouchable from retail.Maybe you should post that in the WDP section.That would start one big hissy fit!I'd love to see how many "air techs"would refuse the warrenty work.Just to prove that everyone has a price including WDP and WGP.YEA MASS RETAIL JOIN THE B.E. WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you think they do lay away?
Later,
Blackrain
Old 12-01-2002, 09:31 PM #20
pI 205
That's a Scary Bubble

kinda off topic, but about the cocker its not really timing thats my problem
but if its not that, its the reg neednig some work, or the inline needing adjustment, or something else...
oh well though
to stay on topic, be is a good starter company... and doesn't be sell talons with a safety video or something? at least they're trying..
Old 12-03-2002, 07:34 PM #21
Aluminum Gerbil
SKrilla 4 Rilla

One more reason BE is great... They sent me a free Ashley Bell Calender and I just got it. w00t!

Im in love! Mmmmmm....

Gerbil