Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-01-2002, 03:57 PM #1
thedeem0n
Need Team (Backplayer)

has been a member for 10 years
Upgrades...?

What's the dilly with these things? they look super-sexy...like an impulse had sex with well, they really just look like the team strange impulse...but i know they take Angel Vertical feeds, and cocker barrels, but what about grip-frames...are they spyder frames? cocker frames? unique Action Marker frames? if they're spyder frames, i think im definately gonna buy one, if for nothing else, just so i can throw the LCD frame off my M3 Patriot onto it...one of these with an lcd frame would be worth the money just to see people at a field with shockers and angels scratch their heads for a while till they gather up the seeds to ask about it...
Old 10-01-2002, 07:25 PM #2
Benson

Right now they take only AM frames, and those come in single and double trigger. I think if you really wanted you could get a single from them. It looks like it'd take some work to get a different frame on there, and I don't know anyone who has done it yet. You can do a few things to the stock trigger to take out the small bit of extra forward travel and some things to tweak it and smooth it out some more, but I won't recommend it because it'll more than likely void their warranty.

Last I knew (Shatner game) Action Markers was working on modifying a high quality e-frame to fit (the brand name escapes me, but I want to say centerflag)

These should be for sale in the future, for those that don't care to go fully e-pneumatic with a diadem.

I know an e-frame alone would greatly help this gun since it's already consistent and accurate with a good paint fit. I've played 3 tournaments this summer so far with a stock, save the barrel, sentinel on nitro and my only complaint is that you can only rip off paint so fast on a mechanical trigger (though it's a lot nicer than the spyders/clones I have shot).
Old 10-02-2002, 04:51 PM #3
AM-Steve

Benson is right, our marker have a unique grip frame right now. A bit of an explanation on that: any time we make a product we look first and foremost at eliminating any possible flaws or mistakes in the design and secondly at future upgrades. Our priority is in making high quality markers that are worth what you pay for them right out of the box, rather than needing upgrades to make it usable. We have numerous stories about players such as Benson that will take a stock mechanical Sentinel and run the tournament circuit with it.

That being said we are currently working on a number of upgrades for the marker, new valving and e-triggers to name two. With all of our products we are much more worried about getting a really good piece of equipment made then getting it made quickly. Any product that we make, you can be assured that it has been tested and re-tested before going into production.

For now you should be able to modify an M3 marker trigger frame to fit onto the Sentinel. For that matter a good pro-shop will generally be able to midify almost any e-frame to fit the Sentinel. We have done it ourselves on a number of different occasions though we haven't quite got the frame down that we are going to use for production runs.

http://www.actionmarkers.com