PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-07-2006, 12:12 PM #1
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

trigger sticking

Yesterday when I was playing paintball, my trigger got stuck in the forward position. It reminded me of what it feels like when an actuation point set screw binds against the edge of the microswitch on other guns. I know that the alien actuation point is a fixed spot on the trigger, so that couldn't be the cause (brilliant idea, by the way. I've seen a few broken microswitches in my day that suffered from that problem). It started happening right after I pointed my gun upwards against the deadbox before the game started. After shaking my gun around and pointing it in every which way, it unstuck itself and I was able to shoot again.

I think I've figured out what happened. I removed the trigger frame, and took off the trigger stop plate (I had never removed it before). I noticed a screw resting above the microswitch box. I couldn't see any purpose for it. It was just chillin there. Shootin the breeze. So then I was like "wtf mate?" until I realized that it was one of the phillips head screws that holds down the stop plate. Until then I always thought that there was only one screw used to do that, and I had to check the manual to confirm that the vagabond screw was in fact meant to be holding down the stop plate. I think that what happened was that that screw has been there the entire time I've owned my gun, and happened to fall infront of the micro switch and cause the binding. I removed and inspected the switch, and it doesn't seem to have caused any damage fortunately.

I suggest that everyone check their Aliens to make sure that both of the screws are intact where they belong. AlienPb seems to have spectacular quality control in most respects, but its better safe than sorry. Maybe it could have vibrated loose? I doubt it, but I'd check it periodically to make sure.
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2006, 03:57 PM #2
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Interesting:
Once very cool thing about the Interceptor and the Remains is that you can adjust the trigger "real time" you don't have to take anything apart. Just pull out the bolt and you can adjust the set screw from the top. On the '05 you have to reach through the hammer with a Allen wrench to adjust the back set screw. If you rotate the hammer just a bit you can just see the back plate screw. The front plate screw is fully visiable when the hammer is back.

Again to get to things, I recommend your remove the 4 screws that go to the ram and the one under the trigger guard and hing the back of the trigger down. That way you don't pull the wires up out of the triger frame which leaves exta wire in the channel to get pinched.

When you do more, then be sure to pull those wires down into the trigger frame after you put the front of the trigger frame against the back of the front block. Soooo you put the trigger rame against the back of the front block, you pull the wires dowe into the area by the battery and you hing the triger up making sure the metal hits metal. Click it togeather and hear the sound, otherwise you are hitting wires, ouch.