PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-06-2006, 05:09 PM #1
btb

pgp/pump class question.

NOw im one of those players that grew up with a tippy and then went on to a faster gun. but im kinda dissapointted that i didn't start with a pump because my skills would certainly be better. so im now thinking of getting a new pgp2, but im kinda worried that i might get this gun, and then end up sucking at stock class ball. now i understand i must learn, but paintball is damn hard enough when your playing guys with fast guns. Hvae you ever known any people like this that just cant get the knack for stock class, or do u think anyone could learn it? the reason i want to go with a pgp is because its cheap as oppoesed to cci.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2006, 01:19 PM #2
pfizerreg (Banned)
the future sucks

Not a bad choice. Check out www.pgpog.org for help with teching it when you get it. They have diagrams and FAQs that will be useful.

It's not that hard to get used to stock class. You just have to get out of the mindset that you can lay down suppressive fire, and instead make the first shots count. You may very well suck at first - but you ARE doing this to improve your skills, and it'll probably take you a little while to get used to. Once you're playing comfortably with a stock class gun, you'll know you've already mproved.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:06 PM #3
meotai
OneShotKiller

If your field separates players by skill levels, you can go play with newbies. Hopefully they can't walk decent yet, or have $1k+ markers.
Old 01-09-2006, 02:15 PM #4
btb

the thing i dont understand about pumps is that your supposed to make the first shot count, and to do that you need paint to barrel match, nice barrel, ect. well the pgp has a normal brass barrel and you cant paint match at my local field cause u have to buy there one only paint. so im guessing a highly offensive stragedy like bunkering and surrendering would be the best one right?
Old 01-10-2006, 12:23 AM #5
pfizerreg (Banned)
the future sucks

I don't have problems with the bore. Paint doesn't roll out of my brass barreled guns at all, don't know why. I understand that if you flex hone it too much or have palmers hone the barrel you can get rollouts...but I've had no problems so far.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:44 PM #6
meotai
OneShotKiller

Paint to barrel does matter, but you can still have pretty decent accuracy without matching paint to barrel. On the PGPOG.org forum, recommend if balls are rolling out, to get a wedget, or use nail polsh to paint thin layer to make a mock wedget.