p8ntballsteve
Master Airsmith

p8ntballsteve is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends III
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends V
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VI
p8ntballsteve is playing at Living Legends VII
so you want to get stuff at wholesale...

Hopefully this can be stickied as it may stop the hundreds of kids trying to get wholesale info to get cheap gear for themselves.

This is what you need to get products at wholesale:

1) A PAINTBALL BUSINESS
2) A business license from the state you live in, along with a tax ID from the area you live. Companies are smarter than to accept a dealer application with a business license regestered to toms tree service, or bells truck outfitter, or jims automotive, or whatever your parents might own. Please note, they will check up on you before letting you order, that may be by checking your references, or by calling the number you gave to see if they answer as a business or just hello. They can also check the address you want items shipped to to determine if it's a residential address, or commercial. They will also usually require a minimum order for your first order (this weeds out the most people, as a kid who is using mommy and daddys business license can't afford a minimum purchase of anywhere from 1000-5000 right away)
3) Usually a business checking account. companies like national, and other distributors usually will not like seeing a company that uses a personal checking account as it's checking account, and will reject the dealer app.
4) A dealer application from whoever you plan on buying from. for this, you must contact the company you want to do business with (NPS,PMI, GUERRILLA AIR, SMART PARTS, ETC.)

just so you know, places that sell wholesale must make sure you are an actuall business that will be selling the items. if they get autided, they will be fined for selling without tax to you, so they often check a lot of things to make sure you're on the up and up. If you are a real business opening, than you will already know about all of this, and then shouldn't need it, but for those kids (which I assume are the only one's trying to get this info on the forums) this should end all the questions of how to get wholesale... You can't if you don't own a store.

Edit: I am adding the following word of advice. If you plan to have a company buy the items for you, and they manage to get past all of the distributors nets to stop that kind of activity, please be aware of the following: The state of IL has recently (as in the past 6 days alone) revoked over 100 business licenses, and tax ID's for companies doing similar practices in many industries. when an item is purchased from a wholeseller by a retail location, the goverment wants the taxes when that item is sold. When a business decides to start doing what many people are trying to do here (have a company order it and give it to them at cost or just above) they are almost never paying the goverment the sales tax on that item. if the business gets audited (or the distributor that sold the item to a retail location) they goverment will ask what happened to the tax on it, and when buying lots of paint(most common) it is very hard for a business to explain why no taxes were paid. So another thing to think of before trying this, is if your parents/nieghbor/friend/your own business is going to be shut down because of the actions.

Last edited by p8ntballsteve : 01-07-2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2006, 05:10 PM #2
ThursdayLsr
Snipe People In The Woodz

Sticky please.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM #3
InFaMoUs347 (Banned)

InFaMoUs347 is a Supporting Member
This will not end all threads about wholesale. Kids will find a way to ask the questions without actually asking it.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:15 PM #4
p8ntballsteve
Master Airsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFaMoUs347
This will not end all threads about wholesale. Kids will find a way to ask the questions without actually asking it.

sadly, you are true, the next post I'd have to make would say.. "so you want to open a business just for the tax ID and business license so you can get gear at wholesale" But you never know. It may help
Old 01-06-2006, 11:07 PM #5
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

Good job man.

consider this thread sig'd. If you want to put an end to this nonesense, do likewise.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:09 PM #6
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
I added a link to this thread in the megahread. Any future threads will get merged into this one. Unfortunately I can't merge old threads into this, as it sorts the post according to date.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
Old 01-07-2006, 12:11 AM #7
Orpheus (Banned)

I asked, but im not one of the noobs like most the others.. cuz my neighbor is actually a wholeseller, license and all, wanting to do business, so yeah, it'd be nice to have this stickied though, i was gonna ask someone that too lol
Old 01-07-2006, 12:31 AM #8
kavon

I'd like to point out that not all the "kids" that ask for info and junk just want cheap prices. I'm 16 and have got all that stuff, with my parents help of course.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:56 AM #9
p8ntballsteve
Master Airsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavon
I'd like to point out that not all the "kids" that ask for info and junk just want cheap prices. I'm 16 and have got all that stuff, with my parents help of course.
Good point, please don't mistake my wording for saying that all kids/people are trying to run this scam. it is just that mostly kids are the ones trying to get things like paint, but there are many kids who work hard, and aren't trying to screw over the next guy. This is mostly directed towards people that ask on here how to get their paint/guns/gear for wholesale prices, and usually on the forums, it's kids who do the asking.

and thank you TargetIndy

Last edited by p8ntballsteve : 01-07-2006 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 AM #10
Kodiak62
Senior Drill Instructor

Kodiak62 is a Supporting Member
Kodiak62 is a Professional paintball player
Kodiak62 plays in the USPL
Kodiak62 donated to help Peyton Trent
I want to be a shop monkey of the moment
Old 01-07-2006, 10:30 AM #11
reppd

all that stuff isn't really all that hard to get and in san diego only runs you about 100 bucks
edit: wouln't all the trouble be avoided if the person with the tax ID charges tax on whatever he sells even if its at cost?

Last edited by reppd : 01-07-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:44 AM #12
p8ntballsteve
Master Airsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak62
I want to be a shop monkey of the moment

I'm sorry, but you'd have to do better than kenmon, who told someone to sand down his bottle, and refinish it with clear coat.

reppd: yes, it would keep the company from losing it's license, but on a side note, when the distributor finds out about what they are selling gear for, they will loose the dealer status, as it will probably be under MAP pricing.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 AM #13
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
Everyone makes such a big deal about this and it's really not worth worrying about. 'The system' works better than most people give it credit for.

I'm speculating here, but don't think I'm very far off. There are lots of people (young and old) who want to get 'dealer pricing' to save a few bucks for themselves and their friends. Most (nearly all) of them will never even take the first step of getting a business licence and registering a business.

Of the few who do, many will be weeded out trying to get accounts. The few that actually will ever open an account have probably spent more than they will ever save and spent quite a bit of time doing that! This very small group will npow find that 'dealer pricing' is very different for small quantities & manufacturers/distributors usually require minimum initial orders that would eliminate most of that small group who actually got that far to begin with. The effort/expense of getting dealer accounts established will be a losing proposition for anyone making a single order.

It's fine to warn people, but most people think 'that won't happen to me'. I say let them learn their lesson. The same advice coming from someone who tried and failed, will have more impact than the same advice comming from a real business owner who is perceived as having a 'hidden adjenda'.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:12 AM #14
strikefirst

LOL...I love this.

My personal favorite is all of the "friends" you make once your doors are open...and they all want discounts.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:22 AM #15
madrox

madrox is a Supporting Member
some vendors accually want store front pictures.
JON RICHARDSON FAN CLUB #5
Dave "The Beast" Baines Fan Club #7

06 EGO

feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post17253485
Old 01-13-2006, 07:58 PM #16
Pballer1606

I have a question, If I wished to open up an Ebay based store and sell the paintball guns, accesories, etc. online then would I be given a deal with any of the companies such as sp, or NPS?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:42 PM #17
Minnesota111

If you get the neccessary paperwork and get approved by the manufacturers to become a wholesaler, then you would be able to buy at wholesale.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:32 PM #18
Fiszaj
Euroballer

Fiszaj is a Supporting Member
Provided you have the cash to make the first order...
Old 05-02-2006, 04:00 PM #19
aggpb

If you are doing an online store from your house and they check up on you is there anything you do. My inventory and everything will be located at the same address as my house. Will they care about this or will this not be a problem
Old 05-02-2006, 04:58 PM #20
DevilMayCare
Ultra-Violent

DevilMayCare is a Supporting Member
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DevilMayCare has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
No one reads the existing stickys. It's a good thought, but I doubt it will help.

"I will rule with an Iron fist and weed out the people not worthy" -kai83

DevilMayCare's Feedback
Old 07-06-2006, 09:16 AM #21
nabbiker3
stupidly stupid

personally with my dealings so far im 16 and have a business permit furnished by my parents so my online store has yet to open because i havent got any good wholesale accounts yet i cannot do business with nps do to i need a store front because when i called to discuss that i had everything but would only deal with online business i was turned down. so im looking into doing wholesale direct or with some other smaller wholesale companies that do not have minimums
Freestyle 8 and Promaster for Sale!

"Originally posted by ride4life: woooo 1000 e-points to nabbiker3!!!!!!!!!!!"