Making intellifeed for the matrix a reality + adding an LED and switch. - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-06-2001, 07:23 PM #1
zbose

has been a member for 10 years
Making intellifeed for the matrix a reality + adding an LED and switch.

I decided that I must have intellifeed. I totally dislike the delay that is inherent in my BE Revy. I just made a prototype intellifeed hopper with my old 9volt that has a broken feed next.

Here is where I have a dilemma. I found a way to make the hopper spin of off its own battery when a small pulse of electricty goes through two wires. But the only place on the matrix circuit board that I have found that will supply a suitably small pulse is right behind the trigger. The problem with this is that I DO NOT want to solder anything directly to the board....

So i have decided to cut the battery cable and run the revy off the battery of the matrix. This elimates the need for a small pulse. Instead, I have wired my revy to turn when the eye tells it to (off its own battery) or when the trigger is pulled (off the matrix battery). This has the interesting effect of kicking the revy into high gear when both batteries are being used.

Anyway, before I go cutting up my nice revy, I want to know if anyone has any better ideas? Remember, the key thing for me is doing nothing that is irreversible.

The other thing I am planning on doing is adding an LED to the gun so that I have a better idea of when its on. Presently, the only way I have found to do this is to run it in series with the battery, but this only allows it to turn on when the gun is fired. If anyone knows a place where there is constant current please let me know.

Finally, I am going to replace that switch before it breaks... But once again, I would rather not doing anything irreverisble, so what I am planning on doing is putting the switch in series with the battery along with the LED, then taking out the plug on the unused expansion chamber and drilling a whole to mount the toggle switch in the backplage in such a way that the body of the toggle will sit in the chamber. This involves making one irreversible mod, to the backplate, but I don't mind because it should be cheap to replace.

So if any of you have any ideas that might be better than what I have come up with, please post them, I want to make sure I am not overlooking a nice and simple solution.

-zbose
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2001, 07:34 PM #2
Brandos_Matrix

OK well I was thinking about doing this too but I'm not crazy on external wires. What I was thinking was to mod the revvy to make it spin non stop (A friend of mine can do this easily without destroying anything. I think cutting out the eye and attaching the two wires should have the same effect). What you would do next is attach a contact pad to the trigger and another one to the matrix body/frame (haven't quite really looked at the possibilities as this is all in my head. So now the loader will work every time the two wires are touched. So every time you pull the trigger it will send the loader spinning. You might want to mount this on a spring so you can time it so the loader spins before you actually trip the gun to shoot and so it releases later. You could probably also rigg it so the gun runs off the bateries of the loader.
Old 08-06-2001, 07:41 PM #3
zbose

Well, I am going to set it up so that there is a phono plug, thus only one external wire.

I thought about what you are saying, but that seems wrong on an electro... I mean we have electronic guns so we should be able to itnegrate this directly right? Besides that will involve running wires all the way to the trigger instead of just to the backplate...

Do you know any webpages that talk about rigging intellifeed on the hopper side? I want more info about how the revolution works.

Oh, and you can get the revy to spin non-stop by plugging the eye in backwards

-zbose
Old 08-07-2001, 03:42 AM #4
klcangel

I don't know if this will help, but on www.g3pb.com under projects/tech Terry has instructions on how to built an intellifeed for an angel LED. This might or might no help you, but I thought I would try

Halo B
Old 08-07-2001, 12:52 PM #5
zbose

thanks, I did see that already, but angels have a port for it on the circuit board so it is a bit different. We have no port to work with on our matrices unfortunately

-zbose
Old 08-07-2001, 05:04 PM #6
DuMb-KiD-dReW
ACPP Forever

DuMb-KiD-dReW is a founding member
ok this is going to sound dumb, can you not drill a hole from the computer to the one air chamber that dosnet hold air and run the wire throuth it then out of a other drilled hole to the hopper.

DKD
Old 08-07-2001, 06:17 PM #7
Cobra
Alrighty then!

This is a good idea Drew, you aren't THAT dumb, lol j/k
Old 08-07-2001, 07:23 PM #8
Fatty
Super Pimp

Fatty is a Supporting Member
Fatty is a founding member
Its still going to be hideous. There isn't much of a routing system to hide the wiring well at all. You're still going to have a decent length comin outta the backplate to the hopper. Then you have to drill the hole in the backplate really big to allow the plug to easily slip through it, or it'll be impossible to access your internals for lubing.

Run it tight along the side of the body, thats my humble suggestion. Get some funky coloured electrical tape to make it look professional.

Dave

My Feedback
Fatty's Facebook
Fatty's Flickr