PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-05-2006, 10:48 PM #1
Spamurai

New Blazer (and questions)...

I bought a brand new Blazer, male stab, .45 grip and tactical stock.

Pictured with the Q-loader attached (it wasn't really mounted, just held in place for the picture. Also, it's gone back to Palmers to have the trigger frame replaced, I mistook nickel to mean nickel highlights, not an all nickel frame. Doh!

Now, here's my question(s):

The barrel I purchased is 12" black anodized with single spiral porting. The inside of the barrel also appears to be anodized black, but I thought you couldn't anodize brass...?

If I want to add a pressure guage to the stab, what range is best? I've read that the Blazer is a medium pressure gun, but I couldn't find a more exact number.

I'd be interested in comparing notes with any other Q-loader equipped Blazer owners... anyone?

Cheers,
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2006, 01:28 AM #2
Himurax13 (Banned)
Rare and Exotic Gun Wh@re

Himurax13 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
The Blazer runs well between 400-500 psi. Some run as low as 350. When the screw is flush with the bottom of the stabalizer, it is near 500 psi. Your barrel is probably powder coated. You are correct in saying that brass cannot be anodized.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:44 AM #3
BlazinJoe

Nice blazer! The barrel really shines! Mine the finish was pretty dull looking compared to that. I wonder since you bought the single finger 45 frame if the trigger is as crip and light as the dual finger setups with 45 frames. Wonder if there would be any difference. When I first bought my blazer the 45 was available but I opted for the original frame. The pull was pretty heavy but I didnt care much. This last fall I had a leak coming out of the low pressure reg and sent it in for an overhaul, while in I bought a new dual spiral ported 12" and dual trigger 45. That trigger is so fast I can just about keep up with my friend's tippman R/t! Of course they tried to fire it and all that happened was chop chop! Paint soup! LOL

Old 01-07-2006, 02:58 PM #4
Spamurai

Barrel

I'm still getting used to it, having only dry fired it a few times before boxing it back up... it quickly sprung a leak in the low pressure system / trigger area when it was first gassed up.

My previous marker was an A-5 with RT, I'd say this trigger is a lot nicer. Less play, I like the lack of side to side wobble of the Tippmann trigger. Other than that, I'll need some time to get adjusted but so far so good.

I'm curious what the inside of your barrel looks like? I thought all Palmer barrels were bare brass inside..? Mine didn't appear to be, but older pictures I found on the web were. Maybe I'll have to call them, can anyone else comment?

Also I have to figure out how to extend the barrel past the end of the Q-loader pod. I briefly considered the barrel shroud, but it doesn't appear to work with the porting, it would cover it up. I've heard the palmer muzzle break is only about 2-3 inches long, that probably won't do either...
Old 01-08-2006, 08:16 AM #5
GP@PPS
"Qualified" Airsmith

GP@PPS is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
GP@PPS works for a Paintball manufacturer
The invoice might tell you what the barrel coating is.
It may be black zinc.

Do it right or don't bother.

Living life and ridin this mutha till the wheels fall off.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/Paladin's%20Pride.gif