PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-05-2006, 07:56 PM #1
dyehardpaintballshop

Palmer stabalizer stuck on my gun.

I've got a male stabalizer that will not come off my gun no matter what I tried.
I snapped my 90* macro fitting in half using it as leverage to remove it.

Any ideas?

Also how do you take it apart? I can't find a single straight blade screw driver that will fit in the bottom half.
Super bolt black - Slik edge3 bolt, dual Palmer's stabalizers Male/Female, Belsales ram and 3-way, ANS QEVs, AKA SCM3, Redz Camlock feedneck, stiffi Switch kit, 68/4.5k crossfire and 2x 20oz anti syphoned tanks, and Viewloader Vlocity.
Black profiler, Black 06 Redz NV Jersey,gloves and elbow padz, Black 05 JT tournament pants, and Black NXe 3+2+2 TP pack.
Backups - Green to blue fade ANS GenX-3 cocker, and Silver BKO w/ eyes.

FRONTMAN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!
My feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2006, 09:23 PM #2
Skyjump

Have you tried using a strap wrench to remove it from your marker?

As for taking it apart...a nickel fits in the slot perfectly. Then use a pair of pliers to twist.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:10 PM #3
dyehardpaintballshop

Thanks, I would have never thought of a nickle.

Is it possible to access all the internals that would need cleaning and lubing from taking the bottom half off? If so I could just leave the top on forever.
Super bolt black - Slik edge3 bolt, dual Palmer's stabalizers Male/Female, Belsales ram and 3-way, ANS QEVs, AKA SCM3, Redz Camlock feedneck, stiffi Switch kit, 68/4.5k crossfire and 2x 20oz anti syphoned tanks, and Viewloader Vlocity.
Black profiler, Black 06 Redz NV Jersey,gloves and elbow padz, Black 05 JT tournament pants, and Black NXe 3+2+2 TP pack.
Backups - Green to blue fade ANS GenX-3 cocker, and Silver BKO w/ eyes.

FRONTMAN FOR LIFE!!!!!!!
My feedback
Old 01-06-2006, 09:38 PM #4
Bthang

has been a member for 10 years
For oiling the Stabilizer, you could just put a couple drops of oil (or more) through the ASA and dry fire a couple of times. The cycling will get the oil to all the parts that need it. It does not require to be opened up and lubed.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:59 AM #5
mojj13z

You should be able to disassemble the reg internals without taking the reg off the gun.

The adjustment spring and main piston will drop out the bottom by tapping the open reg end against a wood block or soft surface.

A 3/8 inch nut retains the rest of the internals at the top of the reg.

There is an informative video on how to disassemble a Stabilizer on this forum.