Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2010, 12:15 PM #169
Killjoy9989
STB Field/Store/Mag Owner

Could someone plz tell me how many acres is needed to put a store (not too big) a few outdoor fields, and 1 indoor field on?

And how much land is usually used for 1 outdoor field?

Selling Brass Eagle Pump Paintball Gun
WTB Tippmann Triumph
WTB Gearbags/Backpacks/Podpacks/pods
WTB Field Stuff
Killjoy9989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2010, 04:57 PM #170
Jack K3tch

hey there,
Im 17 and i have to say that my summer sucked simply because i couldnt get out and play some PB. so school comes around and i had a thought. i have a vocational school which teaches extra activities such as drafting and design, automotive, etc. you name it, we pretty much have it. my idea was to go to the school or county board and see if a paintball facility was capable of being invested into. i figured this would be a great idea considering students from the school would only need supplies and then build within the facility different fields. this would involve architectural, electrical, and other classes that could be very involved. then (since im pushing for indoor for year-round income/profit) the facility would work after school and during summer/ holidays, so that a heatwave wont deter customers.

my major question is average field costs. im seeing a lot of zeros in the forums and i was wondering what those zeros mostly consist of? is the money in labor? property costs? insurance? input would be definitely helpful.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:04 AM #171
Central-AR-PB

Nice post lots of information
Central-AR-PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:28 PM #172
wilson222

wilson222 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hello
Old 12-11-2010, 01:13 PM #173
End Phenomenon

wow its one thing to ask for help but lets put this clearly figuring out cost sizes insurance products and all the other info on here if what running a buisness is about all you idiots out there asking what costs are really need to get off their fat ***** and do a little work. I mean cmon if you google pb field sizes it takes longer to post on this forum than it does to google the info you guiys are looking for
End Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 AM #174
safira218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkerratz. View Post
get the extreme rage bunker sets they are like 300 dollars for a set of 5 bunkers so 10 for 600 and they are real airball bunker you can buy them about anyways including paintballgear.com and punisherpb.com
I want to start my own field. If any one remembers the store AMES. They went out of bussiness a wile ago and there are alot of buildings that are no longer in use. AMES was like a target or a wallmart. My parents really like the idea of me and my friends starting a field.
safira218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:57 PM #175
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by safira218 View Post
I want to start my own field. If any one remembers the store AMES. They went out of bussiness a wile ago and there are alot of buildings that are no longer in use. AMES was like a target or a wallmart. My parents really like the idea of me and my friends starting a field.
That's great! and if they have a spare million dollars collecting dust, you might be able to start one in one of those buildings! Good Luck!

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:52 AM #176
paintballisfun
one letter short

has been a member for 10 years
buildings that size are expensive, not just in initial cost, but operating costs as well. its a big building, it takes a big checkbook just to turn the lights on ect...
Old 03-31-2011, 04:51 PM #177
Marauder_Pilot
Thrillin' heroics.

For reference, an empty Canadian Tire store for sale locally (Large, big-box Canadian hardware/auto parts chain) is running 4.5 million. Additionally, utilities are about $5,000 a month.

Granted, that's in the Yukon, where everything, especially real estate, costs a ton more, but you'd be looking at millions to get the building and thousands to heat and light it.

I've only seen one place that's managed to take a building that size and turn it into a profitable indoor field and store-Flagswipe Paintball, in London, Ontario.

Windsor Xtreme Paintball in Windsor, Ontario managed to convert a quarter of an old GM transmission assembly plant, but the plant's been sitting empty so long and the local economy is so bad that I'm willing to bet they get some subsidies from the city to use it.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM #178
Pinoy Monstar (Banned)

Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pinoy Monstar is for the Gunfight
Pinoy Monstar supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
For reference, an empty Canadian Tire store for sale locally (Large, big-box Canadian hardware/auto parts chain) is running 4.5 million. Additionally, utilities are about $5,000 a month.

Granted, that's in the Yukon, where everything, especially real estate, costs a ton more, but you'd be looking at millions to get the building and thousands to heat and light it.

I've only seen one place that's managed to take a building that size and turn it into a profitable indoor field and store-Flagswipe Paintball, in London, Ontario.

Windsor Xtreme Paintball in Windsor, Ontario managed to convert a quarter of an old GM transmission assembly plant, but the plant's been sitting empty so long and the local economy is so bad that I'm willing to bet they get some subsidies from the city to use it.
I play at Windsor Xtreme when not playing at our teams private field. from what i know they pay for it all by theirselves. they had a place called border city paintball that was in an old bingo place but was was to small so they moved to the gm building. They actually had to cut their rent down in size so they now only have one combined fields instead of 2 seperate fields becuase the cost to rent the building was to much.
Pinoy Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:44 AM #179
Marauder_Pilot
Thrillin' heroics.

I remember Border City-I actually liked that place a lot. Definitely tiny, but you got some seriously intense 3-on-3 games going there. Got my first pump bunker there too.

That sucks that they had to cut it down, but, then again, I never saw anybody play speedball anyways.

Plus, with Diehard half an hour out, which is a pretty good field, and Hell's Survivors and Flagswipe both about 2 hours out (Depending on border delays for Hell's), which are both awesome outdoor fields, it's gotta be a hard slog for an indoor field.

Plus, it couldn't hurt him to run an ad or two. I only found the place from a sign tacked to a phone pole near the U. Unless you drive up Walker a lot and notice the sign, it's really easy to miss the place.

Last edited by Marauder_Pilot : 04-01-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 PM #180
Pinoy Monstar (Banned)

Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Pinoy Monstar owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pinoy Monstar is for the Gunfight
Pinoy Monstar supports Sherwood Forest
yeah definitly is easy to miss and yeah no advertisments makes it hard to get people to come to your place instead of all those great fields you listed. Summer time it is hard for them to get people cause of diehard and people wanting to play outside, winter time they had a decent turnout every weekend. Also yeah no one plays speedball, Windsor area is not known for their speedball players, if there are some, they dont play here, they go elsewhere. Its rare to see people playing speedball. But with their cutdown, they have on big speedball field with 6 huts in the field also to get a speedball and tac game combined. This is great for some 10 v 10 games
Pinoy Monstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 AM #181
TBP

just read the first few posts. Where are you guys buying you paintball crap? i started a whole field on 11 grand. Speedball air field and a concept field. and a concept/ woodsball combo field. building to run things out of, 40 tippmann 98 rental guns. netting for everything, an HPA compressor with fill tanks and station. 120 cases of Diablo paint to start with, insurance, putting in electric,water, and phone line. insurance and the whole nine yards on 11 grand. ya it took a lot of work but it got done. now im open and making money.
TBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM #182
Delmarva Paintball
Collecting Nickles

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBP View Post
just read the first few posts. Where are you guys buying you paintball crap? i started a whole field on 11 grand. Speedball air field and a concept field. and a concept/ woodsball combo field. building to run things out of, 40 tippmann 98 rental guns. netting for everything, an HPA compressor with fill tanks and station. 120 cases of Diablo paint to start with, insurance, putting in electric,water, and phone line. insurance and the whole nine yards on 11 grand. ya it took a lot of work but it got done. now im open and making money.
Total BS.
Doesn't matter if you did all the work yourself and you already owned the land. No way you built a 40 gun setup, 3 field layout with utilities and air for 11 thousand. It doesn't take too many strokes of a calculator to figure out you are not even close.

There is something you are not saying. Either you started without all that stuff and built up to it over time. Or you only spent 11 grand in cash and aren't counting everything you put on credit cards.

How do I know this for certain? I have built three different fields in three different locations from the ground up and am working on my fourth. I know intimately what these things cost.

www.TacticalAdventureGames.com
Delmarva Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:17 AM #183
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBP View Post
i started a whole field on 11 grand.
And to add to the BS factor... you come in here, say you own a field, this is your first ever post on the forum, and no links to any field....

11 grand might get you the hpa setup... but that's about it. To all the aspiring field owners... save your money up. Plan on a minumum of $50,000 plus the land for a small starting outdoor, and $300,000 + for an indoor field.

Could it be done for a little less?? Sure, but that means you are probably cutting corners, and in the long run, that could cost you more, or cause your new venture to fail.

Paintball Field Reservation & Digital Waiver System.
3 Months Free! No set up fees! Then just $50 / month.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:47 PM #184
viveselaquicito

Lightbulb need an idea

how big is 26 feet by 255 feet which would equal 6630sqft? is that a good size to start an outdoor paintball area?
viveselaquicito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:57 PM #185
Syrup49

Syrup49 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Syrup49 is an NCPA player
Syrup49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Syrup49 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That's really narrow!^^
Syrup49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 PM #186
viveselaquicito

narrow but doable or too narrow to function? what it doesnt have in width it has in length. im wondering how many back to back fields it can hold. 2 or maybe 3
Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 PM #187
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Probably too narrow to function. To put it in perspective, your average two lane driveway is about 20 feet wide.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field

Last edited by TargetIndy : 12-13-2011 at 07:46 PM.
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:27 PM #188
viveselaquicito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIndy View Post
Probably too narrow to function. To put it in perspective, you average two lane driveway is about 20 feet.
thats exactly what i needed to know thank you!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM #189
PBCulinarian

I have a question. Has anyone been able to apply for and receive SBA loans or grants to start or expand their field?

www.shootinghotmagazine.com
www.thefordreport.com
PBCulinarian is offline   Reply With Quote