PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-12-2007, 09:20 PM #148
juliank88

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntballfrk73 View Post
my grandfather is about to die and hes a farmer and he told me that he was leveing his grandchildren the farm that would be me will get around 60 acres of woods and 50 acres of not woods is that enough landand to open a paintball feild how mutch does it cost for air feilds neting paintballs enough for like 2 months and other bills like phone and electricity and air-condishiond place to stoor the paint and astro terf or artifishial floors like that. and also how many rental guns should i buy im buying tippman 98s how do i find refs to hire if any one has any sugestions please post them
dont give him any ideas next thing you know hes gonna put poison in his grandpas oatmeal
juliank88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:08 PM #149
lockdown332

www.paintballnetting.com/onlinestore

seems to have some decent deals
lockdown332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM #150
Ionshooter93_v2
ionshooter93_v2

Ok i might be moving to Panama and open a field just wanted to know how much it would cost to open a field not talking about land just like bunkers netting air fill station rentals etc. And what is a good company to use for the stuff ill need. Also ill have this stuff shipped to in the states and bring it over. Unless i can get it shipped to me.

F.O.C
MWC V6
I NEED A NEW RARE STRAP!
MW ARMY " ionshooter93 is my main account!
Ionshooter93_v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:53 AM #151
urstupidface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionmaster93 View Post
im 14 and i want to start my own paintball field i asked my dad to pay for like the stuff and he said to figur out a plan and how much t would cost scence you have to be an adult he will do all the work but i will basicly tell him what to do how much space would i need and aout how much mony would i need. pm if you can pls.
thanks in advance.(=

i really hope ur kidding
ur gonan tell ur dad what to do?
and hes gonna pay for "the stuff"
ya u have o idea wtf ur doing i have a buisness plan and a spread sheet o how much it will cost for me to open
i estimated 100 grand
but i guess sinse ur family is made of money u should have no problem
urstupidface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:08 PM #152
seemore8

About your nitrogen,HPA question I would suggest buying about 35 48/3000 nitro tanks (since you have 35 tippmanns) and rent them for 5 bucks. and to see how many shots you will get with the tank it will all depend on what marker you are useing with the 48/3000 tank...Say you are using a PMR you will get about 500 shots...Say you are using an 04 Piranha EVO you will get about 700-900 shots...It all depends on the marker...

Ifyoupayforallyourownpaintballgearputthisasyoursigniture!!

speedball > woodsball speedball > woodsball
seemore8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 AM #153
MountianJEW

Not to be a "jerk er anything" but most ppl will never make it . Even if you get set up and running you still have to beable to turn a real profit (not like working at mc donalds profit) a real profit . Paintball is booming right now but what if it slows down ? The weakest companies always go first you have to had an edge over everyone else or some sorta sick syco drive to Succeed .

It dosent take much to slap down 10k cash and start a little outdoor thing and make 300.00 a week .

Its cinda funny reading on here some ppls Ideas there right nut bag gonna fail 100% .

An entrepreneur's mind works diffrent than others . IF your drivin by greed your gonna fail 100% you will never last if your drivin 100% because you love the sport dont make it your full time job .

Personally I am 26 Years old entrepreneur . I dont buy and sell things to make money i buy and sell things because im the best at what i do . I do it to put others outta buissness (who are just noobs) and to give the best value to my customers (to make others look bad) while still turning enough of a profit to buy more stuff to resell again . Im a high school drop out (Hence the grammer / spelling) at the age of 15 i made my first million outta 5000.00 started when i was 24 years old . Everything is God Givin Talent wish i had other talents or enjoyments in life but all i do is work and piss my life away making useless money which i will never enjoy .

Last edited by MountianJEW : 09-10-2008 at 01:02 PM.
MountianJEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:38 PM #154
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountianJEW View Post
Not to be a "jerk er anything" but most ppl will never make it . Even if you get set up and running you still have to beable to turn a real profit (not like working at mc donalds profit) a real profit . Paintball is booming right now but what if it slows down ? The weakest companies always go first you have to had an edge over everyone else or some sorta sick syco drive to Succeed .

It dosent take much to slap down 10k cash and start a little outdoor thing and make 300.00 a week .

Its cinda funny reading on here some ppls Ideas there right nut bag gonna fail 100% .

An entrepreneur's mind works diffrent than others . IF your drivin by greed your gonna fail 100% you will never last if your drivin 100% because you love the sport dont make it your full time job .

Personally I am 26 Years old entrepreneur . I dont buy and sell things to make money i buy and sell things because im the best at what i do . I do it to put others outta buissness (who are just noobs) and to give the best value to my customers (to make others look bad) while still turning enough of a profit to buy more stuff to resell again . Im a high school drop out (Hence the grammer / spelling) at the age of 15 i made my first million outta 5000.00 started when i was 24 years old . Everything is God Givin Talent wish i had other talents or enjoyments in life but all i do is work and piss my life away making useless money which i will never enjoy .
Hence the "man" who has openly admitted to being one of those cheap chinese product people......... need I say more?

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:59 AM #155
maer9
Is Perkins a guido?

^
maer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM #156
Yankee Paintball
www.YankeePaintball.com

/\/\/\/\ I'm completely stealing that necroposting card.
YP
Eric
Owner-Manager Yankee Paintball
Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE. Distributor for Valken, KEE and GI Sportz.
203-906-9621 or 9622
Yankee Paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 PM #157
ballastatpbn

too many thread huh
ballastatpbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:48 AM #158
fangji
Drivers

I Support The 'nation
fangji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:57 PM #159
Aggressive SportShop
S. Chicago Paintball BST!

Aggressive SportShop is playing at Living Legends III
Aggressive SportShop owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Aggressive SportShop supports Sherwood Forest
Aggressive SportShop supports Sherwood Forest
Give it a whirl but use the first 10 G's for rent and make sure you have another 10 G's for "field stuff". Sign a paint deal and try to get some free rentals out of it, maybe a field too. Go find some telephone poles (creosote burns) and a semi truck, bobcat and chainsaw. Get some 20 ft. netting, make that alot of 20 ft. netting. Lots of plywood and tools for a town, unless you have bricks or something else. Storage containers, air system & Co2 Tanks, Porta Pottey's, phones, advertising, caring staff big enough to accomodate and rentals to match. Cables and pulleys for the netting, refreshments, registration area, picnic benches/army tents, insurance, parking lot with lots of signage. Big sign by the road. Advertising wil be the biggest cost if you wanna make $. Better get 25 G's . Good luck.

Just let us know how we can help. FACTORY CERTIFIED TECHS Hydrotesting! WE BUY GEAR BAGS -Cash Paid- New/Used Parts!

Store Facebook: www.facebook.com/aggteam Team Facebook: www.facebook.com/Chicagopaintball
Aggressive SportShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:14 PM #160
Seagull

New indoor Field in Cali

Yup, coming to the end of my business plan for an indoor field in california. (yes indoor, I can't get the city council to permit an outdoor one)

I have a few snags that I'd like help with, since I'm not coming from any position of real experience on the business side of paintball. Mainly, I just want to make sure that I'm not going to be overspending on opening/initial equipment.

First off, Rentals. I've decided to go with 75% tipmen, 25% ions. However, it seems like every time I search for a good price on a set of them, I find something cheaper than I did the previous week. Anyone know of a reliable, honest priced supplier?

Second, a few locals have told me that you can often purchase the bunkers used after tournaments... but they can never supply names or organizations that do this. Fact or Fiction???

Third, Netting! Theres alot out there, but I'm thinking I can save some money in this area. Its indoor, and the roof is not a concern. Any recomendations??

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

p.s. any other advice that you might have would be great too!

Last edited by Seagull : 02-11-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:07 PM #161
Luke@SwagPaintball
www.swagpaintball.com

Thanks alot for this guide!
Luke@SwagPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:09 PM #162
HiltonsPaintballPlus (Banned)

Let me just say that reveiling your business plan may not be acceptable, but we as paintball enthusiests need to help each other as much as possible to help the sport grow. I wouldnt give my exact business methods out, but here is what I am doing after talking to others that didnt mind helping....
I am opening a store in a small town with a surprising amount of paintballers. I do not want to get a loan, so its gonna start a little slow. I have a friend with office space on the main street here so my overhead is gonna be next to nothing (yes I realize not everyone will be as fortunate). I will run an add locally and in surrounding counties for player preferences on paintballs that are preffered and will stock a few low end guns like tippmann 98, and some mids like proto\\\'s, and of course pods, carriers, shirts, after market barrels and just take the player pref\\\'s and use that to stock the local shelves. My main reason for the store is a way to get the paintballs cheaper for me and my friends to play. We use a LOT of paint so why not (with the low overhead) try to get the store up and running also. I have things I will be doing here at the store that I will not reviel that is unique to \\\"my plan\\\" but I hope this helps someone. Again this is for me with low overhead and no big rush to get inventory. Together we can make the game bigger. Did I mention the fact that I know the USA team captain and he will be here in July playing with us. I hope to get some contacts from him and I will share more after I get the store up and running. Not my contacts, you still need to do that on your own. Have fun and play hard!!!!

I do have a field we play on at my house. I charge no admission, but do require everyone to buy paint from me! This way every one uses the same paint and cant bring those crappy balls like monsterballs from wally world. I do not rack up the price of the balls either. Its fair and works well. I make every one sign a waiver before playing and anyone under the age of 18 has a parent sign in front of me.

The course is about 250 ft by 90 ft. We used pallets put together in a V shape and tires really made a nice speed ball course. Pallets take some working with to be right, we had to remove the planks from the back and add to the fronts to close in the gapps and left a slot near the top so you could still get shot through if your not carefull. The tires were stacked as to create blind spots while running to other bunkers not really to hide behind, works well. we are still changing things as we play and see room for improvement, but the pallets are free and in my case \"having a store to supply paint\" I make money without charging to use the course.

Last edited by HiltonsPaintballPlus : 05-03-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Adding paintball course info!!!
HiltonsPaintballPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:30 AM #163
Omasood1

Hey guys, first of all great threads, really informative, makes you think of stuff you haven't thought about. I'm in the process of opening a field, basically at an international location. After reading this sticky, first question is what is the best way to contact these distributors since a tax ID for international or foreigners will not be possible?
Omasood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:06 AM #164
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omasood1 View Post
Hey guys, first of all great threads, really informative, makes you think of stuff you haven't thought about. I'm in the process of opening a field, basically at an international location. After reading this sticky, first question is what is the best way to contact these distributors since a tax ID for international or foreigners will not be possible?
All countries wil have some sort of registration and ID for businesses.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:17 PM #165
Micoyote1

We are looking to open a indoor paintball arena with two fields. My question is: The two fields would be approx. 75'x100' each....would these field sizes be sufficiant enough and if so what would be the greatest number of players you could put on one field while in open play or rec ball.

I have been to smaller indoor fields that have a good rate of plays flowing in weekend to weekend, but want to get some opinions for different areas.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion or opinions.
Micoyote1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 AM #166
master2003
THE DOZER

master2003 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I would say 5 per side max.
It would make a great 3 man field.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:19 AM #167
Point Of Impact

My nephew and I are starting a Paintball field at a campground our field is mountain terrain about 15 acres we plan to leave it natural we want to eventually go big but for now we will stay small I have asked all the right questions to all the right people and seems everything is legal to operate under the insurance of the campground for now if anyone els operates at a campground I would like to talk thank you
Point Of Impact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:12 PM #168
Farside_Kyle
Killing Machine

has been a member for 10 years
In all honesty guys (not just because its what I do for a living now) unless you are seasoned business owners (and even if you are) I would DEFINITELY recommend finding a professional commercial real estate agent.
Paintball was my life for years, and I know the business inside and out. However, when it comes to land/retail/industrial space there is TONS more to know that I was not aware of until recently.
I still love paintball, and would love to see the sport grow. I am not here to sell anyone anything or recommend my service, just to let you guys know that there are professional people out there that can help you with large financial and emotional commitments like this that can really save you tons of time and money (you do not pay these people, they are paid from the land/building owners).
A simple google search should pop up local commercial professionals in your area...
Good luck to all the brave and dedicated people to the sport that love it enough to try and make it their lives!