Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-05-2006, 06:17 PM #127
Ninjaneer (Banned)

Online Store

i really need a job now, and i was thinking about starting a website and sell paintball stuff, but i dont know where to start. also, i did a little research and to host credit card #'s it costs alot of money, but i was thinking of only accepting paypal.

also, where can i get bulk guns/gear?
Ninjaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:02 PM #128
swatstylez
A Dom.Rep Canuck

hi

hi yes. I would like to know how successful are paintball fields? does it all depend? or is there a fixed salray maybe? if some one can please explin i'd apprciate it thankyou.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post78185668
swatstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:19 PM #129
legend killer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaneer View Post
i really need a job now, and i was thinking about starting a website and sell paintball stuff, but i dont know where to start. also, i did a little research and to host credit card #'s it costs alot of money, but i was thinking of only accepting paypal.

also, where can i get bulk guns/gear?
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...bulk-buys-shop

legend killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:18 PM #130
steve32

Ok I want to start a online store and sell the regular stuff, but I also had an idea of taking a stock gun and upgrading the crap out of it and custom paintjobs, what would it take for me to do this ( would the guns be private lable or what)?

Buckeye Ballaz Club Member #72

37% of all paintball teams have a fat kid playing for them if you ARE the fat kid, put this in your profile
steve32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:07 PM #131
uknowme
Glorior Nex

working on starting my own field at the moment and this is very informative thanks indy for colaberating this all and thanks guys for some good info that i have seen
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down
Tell 'em that God's gonna cut 'em down

You do not just put ***** on a pedestal, you build a shrine and worship that ****, viewing it as a deity. Never to be approached, touched, or made tangible but requiring daily sacrifices and repentance. - God of the Lost speaking to Potz
uknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 PM #132
the_wolf2
Limecat is back

i would just like to know if starting an online paintball power buying sort of thing is even worth the time of effort
the_wolf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:14 PM #133
nutn2do2

if anybody has like road signs or 55gallon drums , ineed them for my field
i got some stuff but its not much only like 3 things
nutn2do2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:48 PM #134
somainevent
MIND

I looked more than once, and didnt see anything.. would you mind sending me a link if you can find one. thanks
somainevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:44 PM #135
EPS
mo-paintball.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarface View Post
Thinking about starting my own backyard field. I have thought a bit on the subject and researched. Why would I want to do this? Closest field is about 45 minutes easy (closer to half hour pushing it a lot) and is quite overpriced for the experience ($15 for entry, $10 all day air, $55 case of Premium). This season out of the several times I've went they had the Sup Air ball field up once and the rest of the time it's hyperball.

I have a 60x150 spot that's decent in my backyard. It would require 60-200 feet of netting (a lot backs up to vacant woods) for the UAPL style field I plan on. For bunkers I was looking at airups.com and came down to $1300 by modifying the UAPL layout. For air I could look into scubas or something, or even drive 10 minutes each way to the local store.

I just am unsure if it's worth it. I mean I'm not looking into insurance so I really couldn't charge for people to play on it. Also I am a junior this year and had planned on downgrading to a pump come college time to still be able to play on a budget. Other than kids I know from the local field, none of my friends from school are dedicated ballers. The ones I have met here on the Nation live 45 minutes to an hour away.

So I guess I need some help deciding whether or not it's a good idea. I would save $40 each time (local field = about 80 every day I go and I could get decent paint online for 40) and the convience seems like a big thing.

1. Good idea or waste of time?
2. Talk to local field owner about spare netting or find used?
3. Scubas or drive for fills?
4. Any expierence with AirUps?
5. Anything I'm forgetting? Tips on having others play?

Thanks in advance for replies. I do appreciate genuine advice instead of bashing just because I'm 16.

Talk to zoning first. I'm sure they will have a lot to say about it.

http://www.mo-paintball.com
203 - 500 - 7889

email: membersonlypaintball@gmail.com
EPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:58 PM #136
Scootscr15
Pay attention boy

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve32 View Post
Ok I want to start a online store and sell the regular stuff, but I also had an idea of taking a stock gun and upgrading the crap out of it and custom paintjobs, what would it take for me to do this ( would the guns be private lable or what)?
Answer: Money
Old 03-24-2007, 11:23 PM #137
blackout3781

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarface View Post
Thinking about starting my own backyard field. I have thought a bit on the subject and researched. Why would I want to do this? Closest field is about 45 minutes easy (closer to half hour pushing it a lot) and is quite overpriced for the experience ($15 for entry, $10 all day air, $55 case of Premium). This season out of the several times I've went they had the Sup Air ball field up once and the rest of the time it's hyperball.

I have a 60x150 spot that's decent in my backyard. It would require 60-200 feet of netting (a lot backs up to vacant woods) for the UAPL style field I plan on. For bunkers I was looking at airups.com and came down to $1300 by modifying the UAPL layout. For air I could look into scubas or something, or even drive 10 minutes each way to the local store.

I just am unsure if it's worth it. I mean I'm not looking into insurance so I really couldn't charge for people to play on it. Also I am a junior this year and had planned on downgrading to a pump come college time to still be able to play on a budget. Other than kids I know from the local field, none of my friends from school are dedicated ballers. The ones I have met here on the Nation live 45 minutes to an hour away.

So I guess I need some help deciding whether or not it's a good idea. I would save $40 each time (local field = about 80 every day I go and I could get decent paint online for 40) and the convience seems like a big thing.

1. Good idea or waste of time?
2. Talk to local field owner about spare netting or find used?
3. Scubas or drive for fills?
4. Any expierence with AirUps?
5. Anything I'm forgetting? Tips on having others play?

Thanks in advance for replies. I do appreciate genuine advice instead of bashing just because I'm 16.
airups are amazing, they are the most durable/cheap bunkers ive ever seen
Old 03-27-2007, 06:51 PM #139
PntballFiend

I have a buisness plan, layout, and money, but would like opinions ONLY from current field owners. How did you go about starting and such. I'm in the process of finding land too fit three X-ball fields and 2 NPPL fields and i'd like to have a pro shop. thanks in advance for the help,
Greg
PntballFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:13 PM #140
Moose78

cool
Moose78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 PM #141
BlutVonSchwachen

Hi. I didnt find anything under the above selection that related to what type or cost of insurance someone would have to look into if inquiring about starting a field. Can anyone elaborate on this part please?
BlutVonSchwachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:16 PM #142
mesapaintballsupply
STORE OWNER

Annual Supporting Member
3geeg
mesapaintballsupply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:42 PM #143
NeUnKnOwN11

what if i just wanted to start a small online store
nothing to big

STIFFI & EMPIRE KIT F/S/T
Proudly sponsored by
Planet Eclipse
Paintball Showcase
Cron paintball
NeUnKnOwN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM #144
TaktikalShock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlutVonSchwachen View Post
Hi. I didnt find anything under the above selection that related to what type or cost of insurance someone would have to look into if inquiring about starting a field. Can anyone elaborate on this part please?
Bump on this, I would like some info here as well. Is it really necessary if you have waivers made by a legal firm? Is it worth the cost? How much should I be expecting to pay if I do get insurance for the field? I heard that insurance premiums are directly related to the number of people using the field. If this is the case I am expecting 10-20 Saturdays and Sundays through the summer (summer '08) and maybe a booking every week or two for the same number. Obviously looking to start pretty small. With this kind of traffic can anyone guesstimate a cost for me, just looking for a ball park figure. Any opinions, suggestions, comments would be appreciated. Thanks.