Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-19-2006, 05:18 PM #85
Carnagge

scuba's are a joke. They will work for a short term solution for small numers of compressed air but you will just end up tapping them dry if you have what most owners would consider a good day. Your prob better off just leasing or renting some big tubes from a local company. I know in our area there 18 bucks a tank and our field had 2 or 3. Now thats a month to rent.

scubas are like 20 bucks tops if you on the coast. But unfortunately they dont hold alot of air. They do if its like 5man vs 5man but anything bigger will kill the tanks or if you guys play for more than 5-6 hours. Having a compressor might help but I think it would be better to look around for some of them larger tanks. But i know the feeling ya gotta cut costs somewhere...
Carnagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2006, 12:10 AM #86
sn0wman77

hey everybody look!!

ok so i alwis wondered if i should open a store when i am older ( i am 15) but i never found out how do you guys make a profit ? is it if you buy a large quantity of a item its cheaper then getting it indivually or do you get discounts? how do you guys make money i alwis dreamed of opening a store can you help me out with this please . of course its gonna be a paintball store.
sn0wman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:14 AM #87
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
It seems like you know nothing about buisness. I sugest you search on here because these questions have already been answered thousands of times.

And try not to type like a 10 year old.

My feedback 65+
wgpskaterpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:16 AM #88
pbfan3068
MW

Search. Read. Get older.

My Feedback (+35/-0)
pbfan3068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:27 AM #89
sn0wman77

k but was i right about the large quantitys thing ?

i suck at spelling and etc
Old 06-23-2006, 01:02 AM #90
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
Tell me 2 things, Do you know what wholesale is ? Do you know what a tax id and buisness license are for?

My feedback 65+
wgpskaterpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 AM #91
sn0wman77

nope besides part of the 2nd question
Old 06-23-2006, 01:30 AM #92
Malystryx
A G D

um, you better start saving for a field/store now, they aren't cheap. to start you'd need like $15,000...
Malystryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:31 AM #93
sn0wman77

i know but i am just thinking about it now
Old 06-25-2006, 05:37 AM #94
dsmluver (Banned)

starting a feild

well me and some friends just bought some land and are in the process of buying a feild.. I had a few questions

How much paint should i buy and from where?

how much does filling a 80cf tank cost?

how long will an 80cf tank cost?
dsmluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:45 AM #95
Paint and Air Sportz (Banned)

try and find a distributor that has a local warehouse so shippings not much, and dont excpect to get more thren 5 good fills off a scuba go to your local welding supply/industrial gas place and rent bulk HP tanks.
Paint and Air Sportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:02 AM #96
dsmluver (Banned)

for a 80 cubic foot tank ill only get 5 fills?

and im in san antonio if anyone knows of any warehouses here
Old 06-25-2006, 10:15 AM #97
bornestar

has been a member for 10 years
How much moeny do you have?
You can get a compressor for around $3k
http://cgi.ebay.com/AireTex-W31-SCUB...pho tohosting
Just get your friends to give u $5-10 everytime u play. In time, it will pay off

Last edited by bornestar : 06-25-2006 at 10:17 AM.
bornestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 AM #98
shafticus
ball to live.live to ball

We are almost finished building a field out here at NAS Whid Is. Wa. and Ill tell you what, buying an hpa compressor is worth it. Thats because you will not have to worry about paying for filling the hpa tanks over and over, nor running out half way through the day. Also, you could buy a less expensive compressor, then get a booster to fill those tanks.

So, all you will have to do is buy a few bottles of co2 and replace those.

Also, make sure you make the field look professional - ie not a junkyard. That way people will want to come over and play... not to mention being more pleasing to the parents' eyes (that whole waiver thing)
shafticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:58 AM #99
dsmluver (Banned)

what size compressor would i need. And the guy selling the tank/fill station backed out.. but i just bought er bunkers... came with stakes, 2 blowers, and repair kits.. so i think i should be good their.. now i just need to find like 2 tanks and a fill station..
Old 06-26-2006, 09:55 AM #100
paintballer38
WHO HA 2x tuesday!!!!!

well your gunna need lots of paint and draxxus is a really good company.
Lucky Fan Club #15 oooo ya
paintballer38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:04 AM #101
pbfan3068
MW

Maybe you should READ THE STICKIES.

My Feedback (+35/-0)
pbfan3068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:23 PM #102
dsmluver (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfan3068
Maybe you should READ THE STICKIES.
good idea as if i haven't already, but it helps to ask everyone else too
Old 06-27-2006, 11:29 PM #103
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

has been a member for 10 years
do you have a website? references? history? anything other than a couple wholesale agreements?
Investorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:28 PM #104
oscarface

Thinking about starting my own backyard field. I have thought a bit on the subject and researched. Why would I want to do this? Closest field is about 45 minutes easy (closer to half hour pushing it a lot) and is quite overpriced for the experience ($15 for entry, $10 all day air, $55 case of Premium). This season out of the several times I've went they had the Sup Air ball field up once and the rest of the time it's hyperball.

I have a 60x150 spot that's decent in my backyard. It would require 60-200 feet of netting (a lot backs up to vacant woods) for the UAPL style field I plan on. For bunkers I was looking at airups.com and came down to $1300 by modifying the UAPL layout. For air I could look into scubas or something, or even drive 10 minutes each way to the local store.

I just am unsure if it's worth it. I mean I'm not looking into insurance so I really couldn't charge for people to play on it. Also I am a junior this year and had planned on downgrading to a pump come college time to still be able to play on a budget. Other than kids I know from the local field, none of my friends from school are dedicated ballers. The ones I have met here on the Nation live 45 minutes to an hour away.

So I guess I need some help deciding whether or not it's a good idea. I would save $40 each time (local field = about 80 every day I go and I could get decent paint online for 40) and the convience seems like a big thing.

1. Good idea or waste of time?
2. Talk to local field owner about spare netting or find used?
3. Scubas or drive for fills?
4. Any expierence with AirUps?
5. Anything I'm forgetting? Tips on having others play?

Thanks in advance for replies. I do appreciate genuine advice instead of bashing just because I'm 16.

Dye C8 Pants
oscarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:29 AM #105
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Funny how no one would think of asking bar owners how to get cheap drinks and to set up a dance floor and sound system, but non-owners seem at ease asking field owners how to best setup a cheap backyard field. Or, would you walk into a bakery, complain about the prices, and then ask about the cheapest and best way to bake bread?
Ironic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarface
Thinking about starting my own backyard field. I have thought a bit on the subject and researched. Why would I want to do this? Closest field is about 45 minutes easy (closer to half hour pushing it a lot) and is quite overpriced for the experience ($15 for entry, $10 all day air, $55 case of Premium).
Sounds pretty cheap really. “Expensive” is in the eye of the beholder. I wish prices were like that for any of the fields around here.
I’d forget about talking to the local field owner about help if I was you for procuring netting or supplies. They’d be stupid to help someone setup cheap competition. I’m not bashing, that’s just the truth.
While long term you may save money. Short term, what’s your budget? How much is it going to cost for you to provide your own air? Air for others? How are you going to pay for the bunkers and netting? (Not only the new bunkers when you buy them, but the replacement bunkers for when those break or wear out.) Where will you get refs, how will you pay them? How much do you value your time and energy as you will have to organise and control the field?
As for how much you’ll really save, consider that a 5,000 dollar loan (that’s not a lot of money really) at 6% would cost you 155$/month for three years. Add to that your time and energy, what are you really saving? For the same money you can play twice a month at the local field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarface
I mean I'm not looking into insurance so I really couldn't charge for people to play on it.
A common misconception on PBN is that if you’re not a business, you don’t need insurance. Well guess again. First, how are you going to pay off the investment in the field and equipment if you’re not going to charge the players anything to play?
Secondly, regardless of whether you charge or not, you have a liability on your hands if you allow people to play paintball (or do any activity) on your property. I doubt that homeowners insurance would cover paintball related injuries on your property, certainly not if they were organised or regularly held games. And if anyone is injured, their medical insurance company IS going to come after you for as much money as they can get based on your liability/responsibility and running the field on your property.
Like it or not, the truth is that every backyard field is risking the homeowner’s savings and property. The same is true even of outlaw games. If the property owner gives even tacit approval they can be held liable. The organisers can also be held liable for the choice of land or the failure to follow safety procedures. If not by the player that is injured, then by the injured player’s insurance company trying to recuperate costs.
You may have the disposable savings and be willing to take the associated risks, but be sure you and your parents know what those risks and costs are.
SlartyBartFast is offline   Reply With Quote