PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-08-2006, 05:28 PM #64
d0cwh0
Mmm...Dorritos

d0cwh0 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Costs to set up a field

About how much does it cost to set up a field (netting, bunkers, carpet, insurance, and payment of refs)?
d0cwh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2006, 05:58 PM #65
machosos
Born again n00b.

machosos is a Supporting Member
i was wondering if anyone could direct me to a site were i could find laws and regulations to open a field in miami and massachuesetts...thanks
machosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:05 PM #66
pntballfrk73

Exclamation need help with upcoming feild

my grandfather is about to die and hes a farmer and he told me that he was leveing his grandchildren the farm that would be me will get around 60 acres of woods and 50 acres of not woods is that enough landand to open a paintball feild how mutch does it cost for air feilds neting paintballs enough for like 2 months and other bills like phone and electricity and air-condishiond place to stoor the paint and astro terf or artifishial floors like that. and also how many rental guns should i buy im buying tippman 98s how do i find refs to hire if any one has any sugestions please post them
pntballfrk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:29 PM #67
mad muppet mower

if it is in the middle of nowhere sell the property and open a field in a more populated area, 110 acres would sell for alot. if it is sentimental(sp) and you dont want to sell or is in a good area then i would suggest getting a good airball and a good woods(so you get both groups of players) as for hiring refs they will usually show up as you get players. treat your refs good and they will do the same in return. hope that helps if not hope you make it as a field owner
mad muppet mower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:41 PM #68
Ericnord92
Underachiever

Ericnord92 is a Supporting Member
Ericnord92 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Ericnord92 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ericnord92 supports Team VICIOUS
Im not a field owner but I dont suggjest getting turf right of the back unless u have plenty of money to spend..good turf will put a deeep deeep hole in ur budgit
Ericnord92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:11 AM #69
Azn shocker noob

you don't need turf for an outdoor field. for starting off, just get some plywook and stuff from junkyards like gialt spools, plastic barrels, stuff like that. Theose are cheap and fun to play on. Another suggestion is tires with tarp drapped over them and nailed down. I think car shops pay people to take tires. The government charges them to get rid of them because they have to be properly disposed of. just ask for half of what the government is asking and you'll get money and bunkers. where are you located? pm me.

Adidas Microbounce shoes. Rare gloss black. NEED GONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post42693893
Azn shocker noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 AM #70
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Starting A Field In My Backyard

Hey guys. I'm 16 and I plan on building a field for my own personal use as well as my friends, and anyone in my area that would like to come play on it.

What my friends and I plan on doing is, buying the following bunkers:

- 4 packs of - Extreme Rage 6 pack from www.actionvillage.com including:
- 3 Big Cans
- 2 Slabs
- 1 Big Slab

- 2 Sup' Air Ball Beam bunkers (for snake) - www.actionvillage.com

- 1 Extreme Rage Dorito - www.punisherspb.com

And when these are purcahsed, it will be a field of 27 bunkers for just under $1500.

We plan on all throwing in $300 so we don't have to pay as much as a single person.

The area in my backyard, that is available to me, is a grass covered open area about 120 feet by 85 feet.

We plan on buying these at the end of the summer seeing as we have summer jobs and we can purchase them at the end of it when we all have our share of the money (I have mine now but I have to wait.)

What I am asking you guys, is if you can find me any other whoesale site besides these where I may/can find these bunkers I am looking for...for a cheaper price as a whole, or single bunkers by themselves.

I will be updating this topic with pictures of the grass area, and the field layout of what i want to do as far as bunker placement and complete pictures once the field is done. I am just looking for some suggestions to help me get this thing started and such as far as, materials I may need or other possible issues.

Post up on here, and thanks in advance guys.
- dmc_owner

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:27 PM #71
DmURdoCk101

you accually could just use those black pipes that the city uses for like sevage purposes for the snake then put your slabs up for the knuckles in the snake. Also go to your local feild, my local feild sells bunkers after they hold big tournemetnts there because the bunkers take a beating and they'll sell a whole feild at a time, maybe yours will
DmURdoCk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:29 PM #72
DmURdoCk101

^ i forgot to tell you, i did the same thing with my feild in my backyard, i used those extreme rage bunkers and they work really good for the price and we have kids from around come all the time and play
DmURdoCk101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:37 PM #73
Anti-Noob (Banned)
Reppin' The 563

Good Luck and have some people come over and pay and byop and have few scuba tanks to fill tanks...Thats what were doing this yr or nxt yr
Anti-Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:38 PM #74
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Yeah, We thought about all types of things to use for a field, such things as the Black tiles from city buildings. We had basically a speedball course set up in a very small woods/clearing with all types of junk for bunkers, but we got tired of it and decided that we wanted an all airball field.

So we are deciding to put these airball bunkers in my backyard, and use them for basically team practices (3-man and 5-man) and then we have a local field about a half hour away. Which, by the way, isnt a very highly funded place and they don't do things like sell the bunkers after a tourney (wish they did though.)

I am also looking to buy a 4500 air compressor so we dont have to drive that half hour to get our tanks filled and we can have constant air whenever we want, but I don't even know where to begin to look for one of those.

Any more help would be appreciated.

thanks,
-dmc_owner

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:07 PM #75
Unjust
at first i was like

I believe those 4500psi compressors are very expensive.
"Originally posted by SadPanda7;33128908: wats a train run on her mean. is that literal like she gets run over?"
Unjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:02 PM #76
wgpskaterpunk

wgpskaterpunk is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust
Yes they are.

My feedback 65+
wgpskaterpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:28 PM #77
PaintballerFourLife
PB4LIndustries

Annual Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife is a Supporting Member
PaintballerFourLife plays in the USPL
PaintballerFourLife plays in the PSP
PaintballerFourLife is an NCPA player
PaintballerFourLife plays in the APPA D3 division
PaintballerFourLife is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
PaintballerFourLife is Boss
Yeah, you can pretty much forget about getting a compressor, unless you want to spend at least another $5000...
PaintballerFourLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:43 PM #78
A Contract Killer

A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
you can get a used compressor. but its still gonna be a couple grand
Old 06-10-2006, 03:20 PM #79
MarkParris
CK Mafia

MarkParris is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
MarkParris owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjust
Fixed

Your talking from $3,000 (If your really lucky) to $10,000 or more for a nice one.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:20 PM #80
Paint_check (Banned)
Canadian

scuba tank?
Paint_check is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:21 PM #81
protopaintballer
.happy.

protopaintballer is a Supporting Member
protopaintballer is a Paintball photographer
protopaintballer plays in the PSP
protopaintballer plays in the APPA D4 division
protopaintballer is Legendary
get scuba tanks and learn how to fill ur tanks using those. cheapest way to fill tanks up
talk to some other local fields in ohio and see if they can give u some deals on old bunkers or possibly give u contact info for the places that they got theere stuff from

D1 Distortion paintball.
DST Digital
protopaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:38 PM #82
takedown65 (Banned)

Please, these questions have been asked numerous times in this forum. Do a little research.
takedown65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:43 AM #83
SlartyBartFast
"Snitch" rotfl

Exclamation Warning About Paintball In Your Backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmURdoCk101
^ i forgot to tell you, i did the same thing with my feild in my backyard, i used those extreme rage bunkers and they work really good for the price and we have kids from around come all the time and play
Be VERY careful about insurance. Letting even your friends play on your property is dangerous. Call up your homeowners insurance carrier to see what yor covered for (if anything).

Once you let others start playing, or you charge any kind of fee, your homeowners insurance probably wonít cover anything. Heck, even if you are covered and there is no extra charge, itís the sort of thing that insurance wonít assume the risk for unless you declare the activity before hand.
SlartyBartFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:20 AM #84
WhiteRiverPaintball
Indiana's Largest Field

WhiteRiverPaintball is playing at Living Legends V
WhiteRiverPaintball posts videos on PbNation
Private Message

You've got mail
WhiteRiverPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote