PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-11-2006, 09:03 PM #43
Rob_TheRain
Chuck Norris is behind u!

honestly you will take home little to no money by owning a shop

after employees, bills, restocking... any many you have left you will have to invest it back into the store

all the store owners in my area all have either second jobs or buisnesses
Rob_TheRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:20 AM #44
alienshinubie
Norcal Player

alienshinubie is a Supporting Member
I did some research myself, and found this:

Paintball Store

1. Job title: Owner of a paintball store

2. Career Cluster: Business

3. Similar careers: employee of a paintball store, employee of a paintball equipment manufacturer, or a field owner.

4. Education required: High school, and optional paintball equipment teching classes in college.

5. List any skills required for the job: Repair skills, knowledge in products, typing skills, politeness, patience, leadership, and other people skills.

6. High school courses that you should take: Mathematics and fluid dynamics.

7. Tools and equipment: Air compressors, dollies, picks, screw drivers, hex keys, vice grips, wrenches, chronographs are all tools used on a regular basis.

8. Job outlook: These careers are readily available.

9. Income and opportunity: I will be able to make about $5,000-$100,000. The longer I am in business, the more repeat customers I will get which will lead to more profit. If the first shop succeeds, I can attempt to open up another paintball store or paintball field.

10. Pros: One important quality is that I will be able to be around the sport I love. It is a career that I am interested in. As a friend of mine and a store owner put it, I will have “more control of my destiny, rather than relying on a company to guide me”.

11. Cons: As a business owner, I cannot receive benefits without paying for them myself. As with opening any business, success is not guaranteed, and I could go out of business. Unfortunately, hours will be long, I will work on weekends, and profit can be very low.

Hope all that info is correct and helps. (ps- dont expect to make 100 grand. Paintball shops dont make money for awhile.) Thats what my local shop owner told be when I interviewed him.
New Feedback (+7 - 0)
Lake Tahoe Skier
alienshinubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 AM #45
OneFourDeuce

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballforlife2009
Ok im still in high school but am thinking about my career choice..i LOVE paintball its my life and i would love running a shop. But i dont know jack about pay,how much it would be to start up etc..

so Question one..
what would be a normal pay for owning a shop in Souther Florida

Question two..
what degree do you think i should go for in college..Masters in business?

Question three..
How much would it be to start the business from scratch

Thanks
Paintball might be your "life" in highschool but i wouldnt jump the gun too quick, and re-think your future.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1754061
OneFourDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:20 AM #46
onedude36

If you really love paintball, you dont want a job in it. Thats what I was told, but what would i know.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:34 PM #47
infused305

my tip for you would be just study hard, choose a good career, and you'll have the money to be around the sport in the long run.
infused305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:39 PM #48
Darkassaliant
CK Mafia Straight Killa

This was also a thought of mine after highschool and college. But I've decided to put it on hold, get a good college education and get a first job that will allow me to open a field/store. I've talked with my field/store owner and he said about 100k is needed to open a store the right way... sadly, his store is not too great. But It's nice and he usually has what I need. Now if you were to get a job that made you a good amount of money a year, you can put away some after each month or so, and then when the time is right and paintball is heavily in your area open a store, but don't just half *** it, do it right, have a nice store front and then a nice field.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:18 AM #49
AnimosityMarshall (Banned)
Team Animosity

Exclamation I need help on becoming a authorized dealer/distributor

I need help on becoming a authorized dealer/distributor for selling paintball products.Any suggestions?
AnimosityMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:32 AM #50
AnimosityMarshall (Banned)
Team Animosity

Exclamation I need help on opening a online company

I need help on opening a online company? Like what i need to start and some tips that would help me?Even some websites that i could buy wholesale items from.
Thankz
AnimosityMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:02 AM #51
paintball8869
Factory Cert. Timmy Tech

Annual Supporting Member
paintball8869 is a Supporting Member
paintball8869 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintball8869 supports Pev's Paintball
paintball8869 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball8869 is Legendary
Honestly, I dont think any legitimate business owner here is going to waste their time helping you. You=competition if you're going to start an online store.

If you're going to start something up, get ready to carry $40,000 in stock at least. Once you're ready for that, then prepare to spend $1000 a month in advertising because noone knows who you are and there's absolutely no reason to buy from you, a new company, over a company like Action Village who will almost always sell for less than you.
paintball8869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 AM #52
bangerboyz2
Loving my DM

Want to Open a Field

I want to open a new field in maryland. I was wondering were i can get big fill stations for N2 and Co2. And markers and gear at wholesale prices. It maybe a store also i'm not sure yet.

Please leave anything that could help me.

Thanks alot
bangerboyz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:13 AM #53
shibbyshack
life is good

What do I need to know to start my own bussiness?

Well, what I wanted to know is what stuff should I know about starting a little bussiness out of my garage? The local shop about 2 minutes away wasnt paying rent so they abviously got shut down. Now, to get to the next place, you have to drive out about an hour. And I know that its a pain to get out there for all the people that just want to fill their tank. There are atleast 100 or so people in my area that play with me. So to help them out, and myself out, I wanted to run my own little business out of my garage. I wouldnt be stocking up in every part for every gun, but I could order parts for them. I would also sell paint, and air. I already have about 5 scuba tanks and an adapter for compressed air. But here are some questions I had for you guys, and feild owners.

-Where would be the best place to order parts/accesories/paint from?
-Do I have to get a lisence or something to sell paint, and all that?
-How and where can I become a certified air smith
---Any other tips would be greatly apreciated

I would be doing this all season, probably starting durring summer. So please guys, help me out here. Give me your knowledge, this service is for our felow painballers and I want to just keep the sport growing. Fire away...
shibbyshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:25 AM #54
teamcaution

you can order cases of paint from NPS or OrderPaintball
No I dont think so
I dont know lol

IrishMafia
teamcaution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 PM #55
foreverballer

I really didn't know where to put this
There a Sportinggood store owner that said he would consider starting a field outdoor field Whats the cheapest you could get for a 7 man field and How much should he charge for entry paint and air? he already has a co2 filler But he charges $1 or $2 for a 9oz tank and $3.00 for a 20 oz should he raise prices and how many rental should he get? I looked at mightpaintball.com and they gave me a quote for 7,381

Please help! The closest field is two hours away. There quit a few people who would come to this field
foreverballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:37 PM #56
93Travis

Starting a store need help!

Im planeing to start a small store from my basement for all the local players to come get paint and air, thats all im going to sell for now wi'll im in my parents basement entill i can get a small shope. im going to fill C02 and N2 im not shure on what i need for the N2 fills i want to be able to fill all tanks that come in. i was looking around and wanted to know if all i needed was a 6K bottle full of commpresed air and a N2 fill sation from actionvillage (can i fill both high and low pressure tanks how many fills do you think i can get from just an 6K tank just an estimate) and were i can get bulk paint for cheap. Any info will help me, thanks for all your help

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1540324

CUSTOM ANNO QUEST F/S/T
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1902181
93Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:51 PM #57
Marich01

Marich01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You may want to learn how to spell first. After you learn how to do that,

You will need a service that will fill your large co2 bottles when they are getting empty/low, you will need a fill station, a scale, and most important insurance. If you get caught filling out dated tanks that havent been re hydrostate testede you will end up with a i think $50,000 or more fine.

For hpa you will need the compressed air tanks you can use anything from a scuba tank to the tanks that you get refilled by a company (not sure of any right now but you can do a search) then you need a fill station with a pressure gauge to let you know how full the tank is that you are filling.

Most nitro tanks only have a 3 year DOT approved lifetime before having to be rehydroed, some have 5 years.

Co2/ steel nitro tanks are good for 5 years and any tank under 2 inches never has to be re tested unless they look like they are in horrible condition.

Most of the information i listed can be found simply by doing a search on google or something of that sort, so i would deffinently suggest doing that.

Hope that helped.

WGP PUMP F/S
Marich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 04:52 PM #58
Marich01

Marich01 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1346924

WGP PUMP F/S
Marich01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:36 PM #59
Pure Insanity

Advice.

Hello, my friends father possibly may open up a paintball and skateboard shop. I am just wondering from an experienced field or store owner what guns sell good, what gear sells good, and what are the best products to invest in to sell. Any answers will be highly apreciated.

Thanks alot.
Sincerely Pure Insanity
Pure Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:16 AM #60
southjerzeyballer
National Disaster

Wanting to open feild have questions

Okay im lookin to open a feild in south jersey i got some questions.

I have the land
and rental equip

First what am i lookin at up front cost for one airball and one rec feild netting compressor/scuba tanks regulators paint cost im thinkin around 10000

Second i need to know normal feild size just to get an idea on layout and how much netting i will need to get

3rd ins. cost

Im seroius about this so i want people who own feilds to post no one with no knowledge please post

Last edited by southjerzeyballer : 04-28-2006 at 12:37 AM.
southjerzeyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:29 AM #61
ang.1

wrong thread
ang.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:20 PM #62
EPS
mo-paintball.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_TheRain
honestly you will take home little to no money by owning a shop

after employees, bills, restocking... any many you have left you will have to invest it back into the store

all the store owners in my area all have either second jobs or buisnesses

Amen! There isn't much money in paintball. Thank the online places and crappy places like Walmart. Not to much the hobby guys that open a store for a couple hours on the weekend and don't know about pricing or margins

http://www.mo-paintball.com
203 - 500 - 7889

email: membersonlypaintball@gmail.com
EPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:46 PM #63
Spinas17
whaaaaa

help me out with opening a field

ok guys i want to open a field and i need to no some info about the sizes and stuff.

1. how big is a 7 man field

2. how much would netting cost and where can i get it

Old Feedback
Spinas17 is offline   Reply With Quote